• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
MOD EDIT:

While discussing both platforms in the context of this game's sales is on-topic, please refrain from making inflammatory posts or engaging in platform wars. Posts that engage in this type of behaviour will be moderated accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (5 days): User has been warned and banned multiple times for drive-by posting.
A Zelda clone sold better on a Nintendo's Console. Shocking News.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So happy to hear! Blossom Tale was hardly a masterpiece but a fun spin on the ALttP type of games and was worth the price for me at least.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
but I was told Nintendo hardware is the graveyards of any 3rd party cause Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games

I really enjoyed the game and the early zelda vibes it had. happy to know the team is able to continue and hope to see what their next projects will be like

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Good that they can found audience on Switch. Steam is so totally clusterfucked right now and unless you have good publicity and marketing you wouldn't make a budge over there.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
It did seem that it went way under the radar for most people despite looking pretty cool. Good to see they found success in the end!

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I still have it on my wishlist. Might just grab it at the end of the month especially with some gold coins expiring.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This is cool, but I hope next time they consider releasing on all platforms at once. No reason to not to try maximize your sales right away.

Edit: Unless you have someone paying to keep it on a single platform of course XD

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
The Switch is definitely going to be receiving more games from them because of this.

I'm happy for the studio!

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is cool, but I hope next time they consider releasing on all platforms at once. No reason to not to try maximize your sales right away.

Edit: Unless you have someone paying to keep it on a single platform of course XD

Considering the Switch version saved the company they probably wouldn't have even been able to afford porting it everywhere at once.

Even if they could most Indies start with one or two platforms and branch out.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
A Zelda clone sold better on a Nintendo's Console. Shocking News.
I have Steam and a Surface with a dock, but when I buy this I want it on Switch. Nobody else has the ease and convenience of going portable to TV. My Surface can do all that, but I also have to pull out and sync a controller, which isn't all that portable.

Frankly, Switch is the best platform for 2D indies period. Axiom Verge, Owl Boy, you name it. If you like these sort of indies, Switch is the best place to play them.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Who could have possible imagined that not having your platform filled to the brim with garbage would increase game sales?

Well I'm sure having a platform filled to the brim with garbage, just prevents indie titles or unknown titles from selling well. The big names and popular games will always sell well, but the nice thing about not having garbage around every corner in a store is that you do see the little gems that are good.

Oct 26, 2017
Who could have possible imagined that not having your platform filled to the brim with garbage would increase game sales?

Enough with this bs.
Hollow Knight has the same price and the game was in the same "garbage store" but managed to sell 830.000 copies. So where's your point here?
Blossom Tales looks like the classic RPG Maker game, so no surprise about the only 5k sales on Steam.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news and I still haven't picked it up off of my wishlist just yet.

How do you explain the Zelda clones that don't do well on Nintendo platforms!?

Some of y'all just can't resist trying to suck the joy out of positive Switch news lol

I'd say the even funnier thing is that most prominent Zelda clones didn't release on Nintendo platforms(at least at first).

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

They'll optimize the game for all platforms with what resources? The OP says that releasing on Switch gave them enough cash to stay in business - it's illogical to think a company on that condition will have resources for a multiplatform release.

Unless you think porting a game to another platform is simply pressing a button.

Oct 27, 2017
I know these sort of posts are mandatory in a Steam thread, but the reality is that a game like this will always struggle on Steam because of the huge number of quality games, not garbage. Looking at its page, it's a fairly expensive indie pixel art game that looks crushingly average and barely has any reviews. Nothing about it screams "Buy this!", especially not at that prince point. If you took away all the "garbage" on Steam that wouldn't change anything.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I hadn't even heard of this game until today, and now that I'm looking into it this seems dope as hell. May have just got yourselves another sale FDG!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Switch so far has been great news for indies to eat in a post Humble Bundle/PS+/XBL Gold World....its tough out there unless you are talking about the very best titles.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Has something changed for indies?

I feel like 4 years ago they were all kicking ass on the PS4 and Steam.

Did something change or am I remembering things incorrectly.

Oct 27, 2017

There are just far, far more indie devs than ever and it's a saturated, hugely competitive market. I don't know about the PS4, but they are still indie success on Steam, it's just that the bar keeps getting raised. For this price, you could get Stardew Valley.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Lazy dev rhetoric
Congrats to them, maybe next time make something original instead of just cloning other games :l

Oct 27, 2017

I think partially there are simply so many releases on Steam it is hard for individual games to get exposure, unless they become a huge hit like Stardew Valley for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.