• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
First off, sorry Mods if this doesn't follow guidelines please close this one as I have never posted anything like this before.

In April Blue Box Game Studios announced a new horror game of some kind, called Abandoned. They seem to be a new studio and it had a short trailer that looked pretty good for what we assume is a indie project coming exclusive to PS4.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9pGRdCjNc

Today they posted this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404890697006784521

Which says: Guess the name: Abandoned = (First letter S, Last letter L). Reveal closing in... #PS5 #Exclusive

I mean look, I am not all for rumors and conspiracy theories but let's go down this rabbit hole for a second. Because it looks like Abandoned could be Silent Hill of some kind. We have also had some rumors of Kojima working on Silent Hill, which I assumed was just wishful thinking due to P.T. never getting the full Silent Hills game we wanted. But Kojima does this kind of stuff, he did this with Moby Dick Studios and MGSV. He likes playing games.

Some other things to note. This studio is followed by Geoff Keighley. Not many other insiders or industry vets follow them. Could mean nothing but I do know that Geoff and Kojima are very close and often collaborate on announcements when possible. It was also interesting that the original PlayStation Blog that was posted about this game was posted by the game director Hasan Kahraman. I couldn't find much on this guy and I have never heard of him. His linkedin profile had very little info: https://nl.linkedin.com/in/hasan-kahraman-346a7696. But those intitials are weird, H.K. Hideo Kojima? Also it says in there that he has been working at Blue Box since 2014. I never heard of this studio before April and can't find a game they have worked on before this but weirdly P.T. did come out in 2014...

Maybe I am going crazy but this is kind of weird, right? Lock if I am losing into due to quarantine and lack of sunlight.

Poll: Let's say Team Fake is this is an indie game with no other bigger ties. Team Real is this is Silent Hill Kojima game. If it is one of the two, Kojima or Silent Hill I think that is enough for team real too. It could be a Kojima horror game that is not Silent Hill, I think that is plenty for Team Real.

27: What does the number 27 have to do with anything? Silent Hills was canceled on April 27, and now we are seeing a lot of coincidences of the number 27 popping up in relation to "Abandoned" and BlueBox.

Please check threadmarks for important updates and responses. If you see anything that needs to be marked let me know. This has taken off faster than expected and it's hard to keep up with everything.

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they go to all that length to hide it, and then just drop the news in a random tweet about guessing the name with an s and l at the end? also, why would Sony announce a big project like SH in a random day like the 22nd? it's just an indie dev trying to get some marketing most likely. Nothing more.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Is this some kind of viral marketing shit for a new Silent Hill? Lmao

Or maybe just a scam

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
My initial thought is that their original reveal was taken over by weirdos turning their game into a Kojima meme, so they've decided to embrace it and string said weirdos along since the waters are already muddied.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they give it away in a tweet? They have a potentially huge surprise on their hands (if it's actually SH) if they revealed it during a Sony event.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Kojima would never be this obvious. Guess the name? Seriously. This is amateur hour.

Plus Kojima already did this with The Phantom Pain and Moby Dick Studios, right? He's not really going to do it again. He never really struck me as the kind of person who'd repeat a publicity stunt.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
without the accidental kojima association i doubt many people would care about this, so they're just milking that. what they showed was just some unreal marketplace assets, and they've already said the game has nothing to do with kojima.

OP
OP
joshcam19

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
They're obviously milking this for attention. Their game - quite frankly - looks pretty bad and they've already said they're not Kojima.

Also, Kojima would never be this obvious. Guess the name? Seriously. This is amateur hour.
Why would they go to all that length to hide it, and then just drop the news in a random tweet about guessing the name with an s and l at the end? also, why would Sony announce a big project like SH in a random day like the 22nd? it's just an indie dev trying to get some marketing most likely. Nothing more.
You are probably right, just thought I would throw it up here in case it was something more. I didn't have time to go through everything, like their followers, but honestly it was a weird. I thought the game looked kinda cool for a short trailer and they are clearly hinting at something. If it is just an indie dev having fun with marketing I hope it does not back fire or anything.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
If next Tuesday the 22nd they continue with the cryptic messages, I think we will have the confirmation at the next PlayStation Showcase.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point all that's left for Kojima is to release a game under a pseudonym and not revealed it was him until his death bed

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
1217528_0.jpg

OP
OP
joshcam19

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
It's not Silent Hill come on
You are almost certainly right but it was weird and wanted to see what everyone thought. I am not getting my hopes up at all and no one else should either. This could easily, and probably will, end up being an average indie game that gets forgotten. But on the .000001% chance it is something, at least I said something now.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If the game actually turns out to be a secret Silent Hill game, then cool.

If it's not, then it begs the question…. Why tf would you tweet this? Lol

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
I don't know if they mean Silent Hill or not, but that Soon...is Sony Showcase right? Right? RIGHT?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Kojima doing the same trick twice so I don't believe it's him behind all of this.

It's probably just the devs trying to gather interest for their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.