• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
My wife is watching a movie. Someone said "abandoned" and I did a double take. What have you guys done to me lol

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Who's Hasan again?

And I love and am envious of the power Geoff Keighley has. The man can hype people up for anything and give things credibility just by giving the smallest amount of acknowledgement to something's existence 🤣. Now I just gotta find a way to bribe him into making devs think I'm the greatest composer in all music history so I can get a job. :(

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
Konami has confirmed Silent Hills has been cancelled.

In a brief statement, Konami said development on the game had ceased.

"Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic 'Silent Hills' project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued," Konami said.

Earlier today Konami said it would continue to develop games in the Silent Hill series.

www.eurogamer.net

Silent Hills is dead, actor Norman Reedus confirms

UPDATE 27/04/2015: Konami has confirmed Silent Hills has been cancelled.In a brief statement, Konami said development o…

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Geoff is talking about it rn. Seems pretty sure it isn't Kojima but acknowledges the weirdness around it.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
The main thing that throws a wrench into this whole thing for me is the PC rejoice tweet. Unless Sony bought exclusively to it, it seems really strange to tweet out when literally everywhere else still says it's a PS5 exclusive

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Too much weird stuff now and so many industry people/accounts "involved", no way a small unknown indie studio could have done all this, come on

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
I mean, i can make such a PSN profile with this photo and Hasan Kahraman right now in 10 min.
I could make a funny video.
But please give me time until tomorrow.
I will quote you.
Keep reachin'

"Haha screenshots aren't trusthworthy" "haha videos aren't trustworthy"

Whatever, I just tossed it out there and found it interesting.

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Too much weird stuff now and so many industry people/accounts "involved", no way a small unknown indie studio could have done all this, come on
It wasn't a small unknown indie studio that did this though, was it?

It was a community of excited conspiracy theorists recognising a potential Silent Hill connection and creating a mystery around this that attracted the attention of the likes of Geoff.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
One of my thoughts just loosely following this is I think their may be some wires getting crossed in evidence.

I know not all believe me, and that's fine, but there is at least one Silent Hill game in dev. Is it the Blue Box Studio stuff? I don't personally think so, but I don't know that. I think there's a lot of evidence this isn't a wacky Kojima conspiracy thing either, about as much evidence as it is for those digging into it (and I'd argue more).

I think some are equating that any proof a SH game exists it must be this, & visa versa. There's some very interesting evidence for certain things I'm looking into unearthed from people going crazy for this, so I'm thankful for it, but I can't shake the feeling that some are drawing the wrong conclusions. There's a lot of interesting things, but I don't personally think it makes the image many think it's making. Given on Abandoned I know as much as anyone else, so this is purely just my speculation and opinion.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
I've been on team fake the entire time but this journey has been amazing,

Thank you, Geoff and all you sleuths. It's been sincerely fun watching this unfold.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
S H means Skins Hill, a new skins brand for Fortnite, based on your abandoned favorite characters of Silent Hill.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
pMDe65L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.