• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
It already happened tho. Blue Box has released a statement weeks ago denying any connection to Konami or Kojima. Even Geoff has said on Twitter he's not sure if Hasan is an actual developer.
I've already responded to a comment similar to yours. Blue Box responded, but nobody else did.

This is a tiny (apparently one person) indie studio that has nothing but failed/abandoned (heh) asset flips to their name claiming they've had a partnership with Sony since 2015 and clearly using a lot of Silent Hill(s) references in their marketing. The fact that Sony didn't denounce that, and in fact promoted the game via a dedicated blog post is weird. Even weirder when they have an approved PS app dedicated to teasing their game. Konami is also apparently not bothered by this. Kojima hasn't spoken about it either, despite having the internet linking him to this project.

The only high profile instance of someone addressing this is Geoff on Twitter and here, and all he did was add fuel to the fire.

Embrace chaos

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Someone told me the music playing in the background of Abandoned's teaser is a track called "The Tunnel Beckons" from Silent Hill 2? Is this legit? Just sounds like some horn blowing to me.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Someone just told me the BGM track in Abandoned's teaser was also present in Silent Hill 2? Is this legit? Just sounds like some horn blowing to me.

IzzY2Rv.jpg

Very hard to tell, these Inception-like horns are pretty indistinguishable

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but Konami will at least issue a statement to say this is not silent hill and has no connection what so ever with us. but they just teased silent hill merch.
I dont think you want someone else to use your IP to build hype.
But that happens all the time, whenever one of the main selling points is "inspired by Silent Hill." You're definitely using Konami's IP to build hype, and nothing happens to these games.

It's more likely that Konami is just following their own schedule as usual.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
"First letter S, last letter L" is the dumbest way to tease something ever

Like 99% sure you guys are just getting played by an indie dev who chose to play along with all the crazy speculation from before

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
With all the respect.

Kojima make the most scary game in a single corridor.

Losing the chance of a full game directed by hideo is stupid

Kojima is a terrible writer who lacks any notion of subtlety, but I would still choose him over Bloober Team or another middling western developer. At the very least a Kojima game is going to be a high quality AAA production even if it isn't true to the franchise. Based on the second Silent Hills TGS trailer it seemed like the game was going to be Kojima/Del Toro and co making a random horror game with the Silent Hill name on top.

The Sony Japan Studio rumour with the Team Silent remnants was was best possible scenario for Silent Hill. The first three games had a very distinct style that I fear would be lost with anyone else.

VirtuaCider

May 15, 2020
Kojima is capable of being completely obscure and completely obvious in the same work. So the "First letter S, last letter L" isn't too ham fisted for me to believe it's him. And aspects of this are too professional and planned to be the work of a shovelware developer. It's more effort than the shown game itself. #TeamReal

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Kojima is capable of being completely obscure and completely obvious in the same work. So the "First letter S, last letter L" isn't too ham fisted for me to believe it's him. And aspects of this are too professional and planned to be the work of a shovelware developer. It's more effort than the shown game itself. #TeamReal

What do you think is the strongest evidence? Sorry I just got here, and this thread is 51 pages long lol

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Although not confirmed, happy to have 2 consoles in house - on PS5 Kojima's silent hill (exclusive on PS5) and on Xbox Bloomer team's silent hill (supposed to multiplatforms).
Cannot wait both games officially revealed. The thirst in my mind cannot be hold.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
This is the popular summary. A lot of it is not compelling at all, but for me it's the Keighley involvement cited above, especially the DM screenshot in the threadmarks. And this all fits Kojima's previous fake studio pattern.

Hmm, well, I would agree that the DM screenshot is pretty weird. Like, why would Geoff screenshot that in the first place, especially before responding

This is fun lol.

Deleted member 96395

Alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Altıntop literally means golden ball in English there's absolutely no rigging there, Altın=gold, top=ball search anywhere for this and you will get it, so afterall google translate is reliable somewhat, it's the people who made the memes but that doesn't mean translation was wrong.
wow, thats true? my whole life has been a lie

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think is the strongest evidence? Sorry I just got here, and this thread is 51 pages long lol

The strongest evidence is the name of the developer having the same initials as Hideo Kojima and machine translating the developers name results in hero, the same as Hideo. Aka, not much.

The rest is mostly absurd nonsense.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, well, I would agree that the DM screenshot is pretty weird. Like, why would Geoff screenshot that in the first place, especially before responding

This is fun lol.

probably because there was already a lot of controversy and speculation around this studio at the time

as an aside, why the fuck is Reddit so desperate to make you use their app? The pop up was bad enough but now they are blocking posts entirely? Going to that link just gives me the option to download app or close the post and go back to subreddit

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... the fact that Geoff never responded to Blue Box's DM is either a bad look for Geoff, or he's part of it 🤔. To be clear, I think Geoff is probably a good person, so this narrows it down.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
probably because there was already a lot of controversy and speculation around this studio at the time

as an aside, why the fuck is Reddit so desperate to make you use their app? The pop up was bad enough but now they are blocking posts entirely? Going to that link just gives me the option to download app or close the post and go back to subreddit

Every time I go into a post and back without liking it it asks me to. It really annoiying.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019

Wasn't the whole rumour widely disregarded at that point? To my understanding, when Abandoned was revealed people went crazy thinking it was another Kojima psy-op for some reason. Then that was debunked and it was widely understood that Abandoned was just some random indie.

Status
Not open for further replies.