• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
As insane as you people are, I'll be elated if you're actually right, I'm still very bitter about Silent Hills.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they said that, but no one's found any evidence or indication that it's true.

Which is why this whole thing just feels like some asshole trolling people and taking advantage of Silent Hill fans' utter desperation to get attention.

Kojima isn't making another Silent Hill game. It's just not gonna happen.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This one is a doozy lol:

www.playstationlifestyle.net

What's Going On With BLUE BOX Game Studios and 'Abandoned'? Is it Really Kojima and Silent Hill? (Update) - PlayStation LifeStyle

Dive down the rabbit hole with us as we explore the BLUE BOX Game Studios Abandoned Kojima Silent Hill conspiracy theories that suggest the prolific developer is up to his old tricks again.

Kahraman's PSN account, "SneakyWarriorr," has 1238 total trophies on it. This is the same number as the Silent Hill 4 Japanese commercial. It's not too farfetched to think Sony added a bunch of random games and Trophies to his account to meet this number and give weight and credibility to his identity, especially given that the vast majority of the games have very few, if any trophies. Am I crazy for starting to look at the names and descriptions of all of his earned trophies for clues too?

His PSN account links to a YouTube channel called TwentySeven27. Silent Hills was confirmed as canceled publicly on April 27th.

Further, we can look at the name, "Abandoned," which some take to refer to P.T. and/or Silent Hills, which were "abandoned" seven years ago. If BLUE BOX Game Studios game truly is the return of Silent Hill, then Abandoned is a pretty appropriate working codename under which to revive the project.

We're in full Pepe Silvia mode.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Way too much random coincidence for this to be not an elaborate kojima troll. This thread will be fun to visit when this turns out to be related to kojima.
Like, maybe you guys are just having fun and am being whooshed by jokes like this, but if anyone honestly and sincerely believes this is in any way related to Kojima they are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Also, I really don't understand what's with Kojima and the constant absurd theories

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
This is more entertaining than E3. I will make popcorn while i read all theories.

Pd: i don't get why people get mad about this, you need to relax.

OP
OP
joshcam19

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I want it to be real for 2 reasons.
1. NEW SILENT HILL!!! Fuck yes!
2. I love the feeling of new Kojima game where he has been secretly playing 3D chess while the rest of us play checkers. There is no reason to do this but it's fun.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
This is the dumbest conspiracy theory ever and honestly I would love to know the full truth of this sooner or later.

Like, is this somehow actually a fucking Kojima game/Silent Hill game? (It's not, but holy shit there's a lot of "evidence")

When it's revealed to not be related to Kojima/Silent Hill, I would also love to know how many of these coincidences are completely made up/actual coincidences and how many of these are intentional. Like, is the whole thing completely intentional to fuck with people and lead them all along as marketing for the game among enthusiasts? Was only part of it done on purpose as an omage/joke, or what?

Very interesting and very fun indeed. But I'm also partially convinced that PlanetSmasher got it perfectly right here, the game's marketing staff probably has someone who browses Era or Gaf or gaming Reddit or something.
I swear to god this game is gonna turn out to have an Era member on staff and this whole thing is just designed to troll the community.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Also very peculiar that their last few tweets about the game were sent out at 1am Netherlands time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Also very peculiar that their last few tweets about the game were sent out at 1am Netherlands time.

It's not that peculiar when a lot of the evidence points toward this company being a one-man outfit led by an asset flipper. A studio run by one guy is EXACTLY the kind of "team" that would be on Twitter at 1AM.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that peculiar when a lot of the evidence points toward this company being a one-man outfit led by an asset flipper. A studio run by one guy is EXACTLY the kind of "team" that would be on Twitter at 1AM.
I don't care how many people are on a team. If you're trying to sell a game and are getting a push by Sony in North America you publish your tweets and information at an appropriate time to get the maximum amount of impressions in said market.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how many people are on a team. If you're trying to sell a game and are getting a push by Sony in North America you publish your tweets and information at an appropriate time to get the maximum amount of impressions in said market.

They aren't getting a push by Sony. That's the thing. Sony hasn't pimped their game at all behind a blog post and a youtube video, both of which are things ANY DEVELOPER publishing a game on Playstation hardware can request.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't getting a push by Sony. That's the thing. Sony hasn't pimped their game at all behind a blog post and a youtube video, both of which are things ANY DEVELOPER publishing a game on Playstation hardware can request.
If that were true the blog would be chock full of posts about every game releasing on the platform, and that's not the case.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
They can get sued for falsely utilizing Konami's IP for marketing purposes without permission.

AFAIK the closest they got to implying a Konami IP was the tweet regarding starts with S and ends with L. If I'm not missing something more explicit, there is no way Konami could win such a case in the US and probably not in any other major market either.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
This one is a doozy lol:

What's Going On With BLUE BOX Game Studios and 'Abandoned'? Is it Really Kojima and Silent Hill? (Update) - PlayStation LifeStyle

Dive down the rabbit hole with us as we explore the BLUE BOX Game Studios Abandoned Kojima Silent Hill conspiracy theories that suggest the prolific developer is up to his old tricks again.

Oh thank God. It's not really one of these without numerology.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If that were true the blog would be chock full of posts about every game releasing on the platform, and that's not the case.

My point is...people are acting like this is some big Sony-backed project, and it's not. Sony themselves have never mentioned it, it's never been featured in any of their State of Play events, etc. All of the marketing has happened on Sony channels that are effectively open to anyone publishing a game on the hardware.

It's an indie game that is trying very very very hard to capitalize on Silent Hill fans' desperation to get attention.

AFAIK the closest they got to implying a Konami IP was the tweet regarding starts with S and ends with L. If I'm not missing something more explicit, there is no way Konami could win such a case in the US.

Correct. And that denial tweet is meant to make it harder for any legal action to occur unless they're stupid enough to keep pushing.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Why do people think this is Kojima and Konami? That was one of the messiest and open business breakups that have happened in the industry. Why would Kojima agree to revive an IP so Konami can make money? Konami separated him from his team during development of MGS V for 6 months and fucking blocked him from attending an award show his friend was putting together.

I dont see a world where Kojima would ever work on a Konami owned IP, when he can make and be creative as he wants with his own IP.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'll have to eat a whole murder of crows though lol.
The way some people are acting like Sony is supporting this game you'd think it was the closer at a SoP 😂.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Every single "secret Hideo Kojima game" conspiracy theory is an absolutely perfect litmus test for a person's capacity for and application of evidence based critical thinking and reasoning.

EvieFK8

Jun 21, 2019
This reminds me of the time before the phantom pain release, and there was a lot of speculation about this head transplant doctor. Boy that was fun times.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The translation of Hideo from Japanese to Turkish is Kahraman. The last name of the game director.

I really need to stop looking at this. Every time I start thinking there's nothing there I find some dumb coincidence like this pop up.

Kahraman just means hero/protagonist in Turkish. It's a common word, and a relatively common last name. Hideo Kojima (Japanese name Kojima Hideo 小島 秀夫)'s name Hideo is spelled 秀夫, which are the kanji for "excellent" and "man". The two together aren't used as a noun in Japanese, to my knowledge. I don't think there's anything here beyond bad google translation and coincidences.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kahraman just means hero/protagonist in Turkish. It's a common word, and a relatively common last name. Hideo Kojima (Japanese name Kojima Hideo 小島 秀夫)'s name Hideo is spelled 秀夫, which are the kanji for "excellent" and "man". The two together aren't used as a noun in Japanese, to my knowledge. I don't think there's anything here beyond bad google translation and coincidences.

I even tested it myself and if you translate "Hideo" from Japanese to Turkish...you just get Hideo.

It doesn't translate from 秀夫 to Kahraman.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I even tested it myself and if you translate "Hideo" from Japanese to Turkish...you just get Hideo.

I know I shouldn't expect this forum to have that many Turkish people who speak Japanese (like myself) but you'd think that people wouldn't at least make random google translate stuff up or take it without an ocean of salt :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know I shouldn't expect this forum to have that many Turkish people who speak Japanese (like myself) but you'd think that people wouldn't at least make random google translate stuff up or take it without an ocean of salt :P

Seriously.

What I did notice is that if you type Hideo, in romanji, into Google Translate, set it to Japanese, and then translate it to Turkish, "kahraman" comes up, but that is almost 100% some asshole contributing to this fucking meme.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Reddit all hints post has been deleted. Edit: providing backup link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/silenthill.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

But I believe all the hints are gathered in the following posts.

This one is a doozy lol:

Quoting myself, as I don't see one of their previous games mentioned. Going to the steam page of Rewind: Voices Of The Past you can see SneakyWarrior profile (supposedly Hasan Kahraman's Internet alt name).

If you believe Blue Box Games is a new studio (or related to Kojima), please explain to me the following:

1. Registered in the Dutch chamber of commerce.

2. They made an unreleased game.
  • Rewind: Voices Of The Past, announced but never released.
http://rewind-thegame.com/

Web Page recovered from 2015.

DPNdXWe.png

Web Page recovered from 2018.

kAzTTLx.png

Steam Greenlight page: Steam Greenlight:⏪ Voices Of The Past (steamcommunity.com)

Said game, even appeared in IndieMaster secction from GamesMaster magazine (July 2015): https://magazinesfromthepast.fandom.com/wiki/Rewind:_Voices_of_the_Past

Why are they doing this? Marketing.

Even, if I'm still convinced that all of this is fake, and there is no relationship between Abandoned and Silent Hills/Hideo Kojima, this is too funny not to read and follow.

Last edited:

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
while i'm a huge Kojima fan I wasn't a fan at all of the way he carried the marketing of Death Stranding, in the end, the game also didnt hit the high notes I was expecting but I still aknowledge it as a really great game.

OP
OP
joshcam19

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017

I literally typed it in google and Hideo In Japanese translated to Kahraman in Turkish.
I'm not at all implying google translate is right btw, I'm just telling you what happens when you do it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I literally typed it in google and Hideo I'm Japanese translated to Kahraman in Turkish.
I'm not at all implying google translate is right btw, I'm just telling you what happens when you do it.

As spam musubi said, the spelling of Kojima's actual name, is 秀夫. That does not translate to Kahraman in Turkish.

"Hideo" in English letters is a romanization of a name that has SEVERAL different meanings depending on the kanji assigned to it. The kanji assigned to Kojima's name do not translate to "hero", which means "kahraman" is not an accurate translation of his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.