• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
your first thread, eh ?
200.gif

Lmao!!
Did y'all miss the original announcement thread for this back in April? I went back and read through the thread again and man, the best part is when everyone starts losing their minds as they start speculating more and more. 😂

www.resetera.com

PS5 Exclusive Survival Horror game “Abandoned” releasing later this year, tech demo out soon News

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/07/abandoned-a-cinematic-survival-sim-hits-ps5-later-this-year/
That thread, a few more that came because of that one, to this one....

Its been an amazing, wild, crazy as hell ride.

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
No that was fan made.

Even the twitter account denied being made by them.

No, I was talking about this one.

Other than the voiceover (which is oddly well acted and well written compared to the rest of the trailer), the whole trailer is a mess: the random undescriptive shots that share no information, no type of shot cohesiveness, badly implemented camera shakes in engine making the cut, the fade to black at 0:39 not being in sync with the action (camera keeps shaking aggressively), the video post-process... and the visuals from the game, not entering into the fact that they are clearly not using a big budget here (which you can clearly see by the way they had to use copyright free fonts...), don't have a professional polish: just look at the framing of the level layout and if you need a more visual clue, the visual effect of the fire and smoke, which yes, it can be a placeholder from an early build, but that is something that you would not showcase on a reveal trailer.

I don't know, there is stuff that just doesn't scream "I intentionally made this seem amateur/indie", rather than "I'm amateur but trying to pass this as a promising indie title or professional unrevealed game". I will happily eat my words if Kojima edited this and his subconsciousness didn't fix the 0:39 part before hitting the publish button.

nareik

Mar 25, 2019

I mean, it really looks like a game you would expect from such a studio with no background at all.

We're already got an idea that this game IS Hasan's game, but they're no longer under Blue Box Games and instead started up a new studio under the banner "CreatEQ interactive". I think this may have been the outcome of the 'private investor' for their Kick starter.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
So, there's two games.
There is Abandoned for the PS5 made by BlueBox Studios only and The Haunting by BlueBox and CREATEQ who are from the same guy.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
At this point, I'm really confused about why we are trying to find links between The Haunting and Abandoned as they are really two different games. The Haunting is set at night and it is multiplayer whereas Abandoned seems singleplayer, exclusive to PS5 and the reveal screenshots are set in broad daylight. I don't know what is happening with BBGS and CREATEQ but there are two separate studios (or not :D).

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Where you at with those screenshots Geoff, my boy?
I'm still definitely team fake by the way, but you guys have been so fun to read your responses. Even if this game turns out to be shit, maybe was about the fun we've had along the way.

Is Hasan a real person? Anyone found his socials and stuff? Sorry if already been posted

Littered all over this thread.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
I don't wanna be the party breaker, but it seems more and more to me that they are just a bunch of Sony fanboys who get to create their own game. And they are just riding on the whole Silent Hill rumours, also playing coy at the same time that they didn't intend anything.

The title screen of the Haunted game is already a TLOU rip off, furthermore their marketing of Abandoned is just nonsense talk as well. They are just trying so hard to be like a PlayStation Studio, even their company logo is a rip off of the PlayStation Studios logo.

Sorry, but i really think they are just a bunch of people having the fun of their lives right now. They are trying to play big, but their past indicates that they are nothing more than shovelware.

unless ofc Kojima planned all of this :P

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm refreshing this shit at work, keep it going internet sleuths!
But Tokyo's day is coming to an end. This only picks up literally 9 AM Tokyo time, and this afternoon will be Saturday for them.

I would like to know what this "BLUE" stands for though.

Anyways, was just re-watching this clip and it's like 1 to 1 of what's going on here. lol

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
This has been a great frickin thread. I love a good mystery.

I'm on team undecided. I want it to be real, but I feel any optimism will jinx it for us.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
But Tokyo's day is coming to an end. This only picks up literally 9 AM Tokyo time, and this afternoon will be Saturday for them.

I would like to know what this "BLUE" stands for though.

Anyways, was just re-watching this clip and it's like 1 to 1 of what's going on here. lol

THERE IS NO HASAN IN HR

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Is Hasan a real person? Anyone found his socials and stuff? Sorry if already been posted

I tried to find social accounts like Twitter or Reddit under "SneakyWarriorr" name but it didn't lead me to anything.

The twitter @SneakyWarriorr could be from the same person but it doesn't lead to anything, just 2 tweets unrelated to their games.

Searching for Linkedin connections or profiles is a dead end.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
That reddit thread is taking a piss. It reads like a parody of hardcore conspiracy nuts.

Also, that HK has way too much internet signature and history to be a fake or involved with a legit collab with koji pro

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I don't wanna be the party breaker, but it seems more and more to me that they are just a bunch of Sony fanboys who get to create their own game. And they are just riding on the whole Silent Hill rumours, also playing coy at the same time that they didn't intend anything.

The title screen of the Haunted game is already a TLOU rip off, furthermore their marketing of Abandoned is just nonsense talk as well. They are just trying so hard to be like a PlayStation Studio, even their company logo is a rip off of the PlayStation Studios logo.

Sorry, but i really think they are just a bunch of people having the fun of their lives right now. They are trying to play big, but their past indicates that they are nothing more than shovelware.

unless ofc Kojima planned all of this :P
My main thing is some of those coincidences aren't just some crazy talk, some really seem planned out by someone and I don't see some Shovelware devs trying to scam people do that much work

ImboSlice

Nov 30, 2017
Besides the whole conspiracy - I don't understand why it always has to be us Silent Hill fans that have to be tortured like that.
It's like the game's despair itself is leaking into real life creating this whole meta of torturing us with endless rumors and disappointments.

Silent-Hill-2-Burning.jpeg

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
My main thing is some of those coincidences aren't just some crazy talk, some really seem planned out by someone and I don't see some Shovelware devs trying to scam people do that much work

Yes.
Shovelware doesn't make sense.
Why releasing some PS5 demo App ?
Why not just push hat UE4 game out with the PS Blog post, done...

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
#teamfake

None of the "coincidences" (of which there are only 1 or 2) amount to much. The rest is just the usual conspiracy theorizing nonsense.

The thing for me is that this would be so easily disproven. PS hasn't addressed this. Konami hasn't either. Kojima has been quiet about it as well.

Geoff could have posted another screenshot with the date of the DM, but did not. Hasan Kahraman could have easily come forward by now. No other name or face is connect to Blue Box Game Studios, so, if there are other employees, none of them have revealed themselves.

They are playing with us, surely.

No reason for them to get involved with conspiracy theories.

Plus, given the way this is going, a denial from either of them would only fan the flames more.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Silent Hills was never cancelled. We've been playing it this entire time. Trapped in an endless mental hell, latching onto every little hope we can.

Well played, Kojima.

Melancholoman

Freelance Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2018
Hey, just to say that I interviewed Hasan back in April about this and he said it wasn't a Kojima game:

From my transcript (April 8)

"At first I was receiving messages from people telling me that they've been watching me and that I (As Kojima) used some marketing tricks to promote his next game. At first, I didn't know what he meant until I Googled this. It did bother me a bit as we as a team are so excited to tease a bit of our game and then this conspiracy comes, it does bother. All I wanted to do is to tease our game. We've also put a statement on our website with our response to the conspiracy theory. And regarding our social media presence, we're a small team and not a big AAA studio, it's already hard work to work on a highly polished game for PS5 so we really can't spare the time to work on our social media presence fulltime (while it is important). So my reaction to it wasn't fun but it did make me laugh."

"Abandoned has been a big passionate project all the way back in 2017 when we were working on a prototype. Our aim was to create a tactical shooter game presented in cinematic storytelling with realistic gameplay. We wanted to make something different than traditional shooter games. We wanted to make a game that feels real. Like when reloading, you get to see the whole animation, while in combat. Or when you get hit, you really need to stop the bleeding in order to continue fighting. I think I've spoiled a bit too much for the gameplay reveal."

"There will be a small teaser available to download on the PS5. But I can't share more details about it just yet. Our main aim is to release in Q4 2021 while we wanted to do a gameplay reveal around E3 at a much more stable and a polished state of the game. We are also thinking of doing some closed alpha testing on PS5 sometime after, but that isn't 100% sure."

I'm currently in touch with him via email and we're trying to set up another interview to set the record straight. It's definitely been fun digging into all of the coincidences though, which have only grown since the interview! Who knows! I'm along for the ride whatever the weather.

Last edited:

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is the Splinter Cell developed by Kojima and published by Ubi and exclusive for PS5?
Splinter Cell = first letter S and last letter L.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, just to say that I interviewed Hasan back in April about this and he said it wasn't a Kojima game:

From my transcript (April 8)

"At first I was receiving messages from people telling me that they've been watching me and that I (As Kojima) used some marketing tricks to promote his next game. At first, I didn't know what he meant until I Googled this. It did bother me a bit as we as a team are so excited to tease a bit of our game and then this conspiracy comes, it does bother. All I wanted to do is to tease our game. We've also put a statement on our website with our response to the conspiracy theory. And regarding our social media presence, we're a small team and not a big AAA studio, it's already hard work to work on a highly polished game for PS5 so we really can't spare the time to work on our social media presence fulltime (while it is important). So my reaction to it wasn't fun but it did make me laugh."

"Abandoned has been a big passionate project all the way back in 2017 when we were working on a prototype. Our aim was to create a tactical shooter game presented in cinematic storytelling with realistic gameplay. We wanted to make something different than traditional shooter games. We wanted to make a game that feels real. Like when reloading, you get to see the whole animation, while in combat. Or when you get hit, you really need to stop the bleeding in order to continue fighting. I think I've spoiled a bit too much for the gameplay reveal."

"There will be a small teaser available to download on the PS5. But I can't share more details about it just yet. Our main aim is to release in Q4 2021 while we wanted to do a gameplay reveal around E3 at a much more stable and a polished state of the game. We are also thinking of doing some closed alpha testing on PS5 sometime after, but that isn't 100% sure."

I'm currently in touch with him via email and we're trying to set up another interview to set the record straight. It's definitely been fun digging into all of the coincidences though, which have only grown since the interview! Who knows! I'm along for the ride whatever the weather.

Thanks for sharing this, I remember reading the bit about the tactical shooter a day or two ago but wasn't sure if that was supposed to be for Abandoned or not. Did Hasan go into any more detail on how that's supposed to be implemented in a (supposedly) horror game?

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
If it is Kojima I'll be a little unimpressed that he had to stoop to saying "My game starts with S and ends with L". Rather than doing a reveal and letting people go back and find all the clues they missed.

But I'm still of the opinion that this is some galaxy brain viral marketing for an indie studio.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when moby dick studios also denied that kojima was involved and it had nothing to do with mgs 🤔

well yeah sure but the Moby Dick one reads as either obviously fake or a developer that needs to take it down a notch, while the interview with Hassan sounds more like him being actual depressed that their effort is being seen as a marketing ploy.

Melancholoman

Freelance Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for sharing this, I remember reading the bit about the tactical shooter a day or two ago but wasn't sure if that was supposed to be for Abandoned or not. Did Hasan go into any more detail on how that's supposed to be implemented in a (supposedly) horror game?

Not quite, here's the rest of the transcript from our email interview, as some of it was left out of the piece.

"The environmental quality is mostly achieved through photogrammetry and the retopology of these models to work in-game. The PS5 console is powerful enough to run these images at a 4k resolution. However, optimization is needed to run the game @60 FPS. At the end of the teaser, you'll see some heavy cam shakes and frame drops. The animation isn't final while the cam shake is removed and the framerate will go up to 60FPS, unlike the teaser video."

"The game depends on the DualSense wireless controller. The game is designed to work with every character interaction in its own way. For example, the feel and sound of the controller would change depending on if your firearm is loaded or unloaded. 3D audio is used for tactical purposes like to determine the distance between you and the enemy."

"There several ways that affect the stability of your character. Like when you got hit in the legs, for example, you would fall down, unequipping your firearm by dropping it on the ground and you would eventually have to choose to take your firearm and fight or to stop the bleeding and cleanse the wound to prevent getting a disease. This is not going to be a comforting battle. I promise."

Status
Not open for further replies.