• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...stylish-and-hot-blooded-rpg?ref=project_tweet

Blue Omen Operation is a 2D action-command RPG with a battle system that emphasises timing and reflexes, inspired by beloved classics like the Paper Mario Series, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and even a little WarioWare.

e659ebbdc6620a7ff0550c63379a0d84_original.gif

9b0fe78e5164cc0d1b105b9f9e87da33_original.gif

The biggest part of Blue Omen is the role-playing aspect - as a story-driven RPG, we want to bring our own brand of bizarre to the table, with an overworld filled to the brim with unique characters and critters for the player to encounter.

7028e8476081da562509d60aff419c93_original.gif

Those childhood memories of purchasing a game for the art alone; slotting it in and booting it up without knowing what to expect, only to be introduced to a unique and exciting RPG world waiting to be explored - this is the type of feeling we want to recreate.

48b8831460bbf0e9b0fed0b611c1e3ba_original.gif

Developing that strong attachment to the unique faces you meet along the way is what Blue Omen is about.

The demo can be found here.

I've been following the two lead developers behind the game for some time and have been quite excited for this game to see the light of day. As I'm sure a lot of people here are fans of Nintendo's RPGs, there's bound to be a lot of things here for people to enjoy so I figured I'd spread the word. It also takes a lot of inspiration from classic anime and GBA games in it's art style. The Kickstarter is set at a modest $15,000 and it's already picked up some traction so hopefully it'll meet it's goal without much trouble.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Wow cant believe this thread didnt get any replies yet. What's been shown so far is promising. So I'm looking forward the final result.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game has successfully met it's $15,000 goal in less than a day!