• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MichaelEM3

Oct 28, 2017
My partner was really excited by that trailer, but going off the character creator videos on Twitter — are there really no skin tone options other than 8 shades of white?

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
My partner was really excited by that trailer, but going off the character creator videos on Twitter — are there really no skin tone options other than 8 shades of white?
Looks like you choose a base color, and then choose the tone of that color. In the video, you can see they press a '-' button to the right of the colors and the skintone gets darker. Maybe someone can translate what the text there means?

edit:
here's an image of what I'm talking about. the button top-right
VCF9fvX.png

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said anything about a release outside of Japan? I feel like outside a few, there's a fair few Japanese-only MMOs.

Nov 17, 2017

It really bothers me that the enemies don't stagger. It looks like it's a full action battle system so I expect that sort of thing. In something like Xenoblade where you are just auto attacking it's fine but if I'm not getting any feedback from "button-mashing" it really takes me out of it.

This is just the beta so there's probably an intentionally limited selection
Honestly that would be a really weird thing to omit for a beta. Even the beta for that Bamco Naruto game last year let you make dark skin characters.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Just saw the trailer for this after been informed that Sawano is very likely doing the music for this. And yeah, that is definitively this style.

But...... Shouldn't he be busy doing Xenoblade X2?

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the trailer for this after been informed that Sawano is very likely doing the music for this. And yeah, that is definitively this style.

It doesn't take that long to compose for a single project, unless it's something that demands more than a few hours of music.

In 2018 alone he's produced music for Attack on Titan, Seven Deadly Sins, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, MS Gundam NT, Border Break, a Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress game, and Thunderbolt Fantasy 2. I think he'll survive.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The gameplay looks pretty great for an action combat, glad it doesn't start off too over the top to leave room to grow. Character Creator seems to allow for making pretty good looking characters considering the stylized graphics, but yeah some things are lacking and hopefully get expanded on in the full release.

In the end though how the game gets monetized and when it gets localized will determine if it's really worth looking into. Going by the track record of other asian MMOs I don't particularly have high hopes :(

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018

The music for the original Xenoblade X was finished years before the game was actually released. He probably finished work on the music for this game a while ago, and is likely already done with the music for X2 if it is going to exist anytime before 2021.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It really bothers me that the enemies don't stagger. It looks like it's a full action battle system so I expect that sort of thing. In something like Xenoblade where you are just auto attacking it's fine but if I'm not getting any feedback from "button-mashing" it really takes me out of it.

Honestly that would be a really weird thing to omit for a beta. Even the beta for that Bamco Naruto game last year let you make dark skin characters.
I don't think I've seen an MMO where enemies stagger (I may be having a mental blank though) - it's just something that comes with the territory.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks alright, I would like to see more of that means anything, the classes do look interesting. Just somewhat have doubts this will get a NA release.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Looks like you choose a base color, and then choose the tone of that color. In the video, you can see they press a '-' button to the right of the colors and the skintone gets darker. Maybe someone can translate what the text there means?

edit:
here's an image of what I'm talking about. the button top-right
VCF9fvX.png

明るさ means brightness.
So don't worry, it seems you'll be able to choose between many different skin tones.

I can't wait to play this game.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
That looked okay,that Archer AoE attack was pretty good...small standard dungeon but I would play this.I just didnt like that ''tink,tink,tink'' arrow hit sound on that third shot ;)...hope it comes over.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the music carried most of that, because something tells me the game isn't nearly as exciting.