• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty dang nice. Makes me wish I had a gaming PC. One day...

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be down for some decent anime MMO really, hopefully this could be it

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
4yqTavJ.jpg

r3ksmO5.jpg

Lol
I mean... Alright? You can honestly get those two shots from at least a dozen games on the market right now. Especially if you're as lenient as the second one :/

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I mean... Alright? You can honestly get those two shots from at least a dozen games on the market right now. Especially if you're as lenient as the second one :/

Apparently they also went for the same composer. And there are more shots that reeeally look like things from Xeno X trailers (don't have the time to screencap right now, but the jumping scene, the weird shape of the mountains, etc).

I'm still interested, but this is definitely inspired by Xenoblade.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they also went for the same composer. And there are more shots that reeeally look like things from Xeno X trailers (don't have the time to screencap right now, but the jumping scene, the weird shape of the mountains, etc).

I'm still interested, but this is definitely inspired by Xenoblade.

I mean, sure, there are definitely similarities, but being like "look they both have shots of buildings standing and people in wide open areas" isn't exactly the pinnacle of showing comparisons between the two.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I think the OP is a bit misleading here. There's nowhere Bamco says that it's an MMO. I believe it's gonna be something like PSO2 where you can only meet other players in the city hub(s) or in co-op, or exactly like Monster Hunter but always online.

Confusing online RPG with MMORPG is quite common, but come on it's not 2010 anymore.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I mean, sure, there are definitely similarities, but being like "look they both have shots of buildings standing and people in wide open areas" isn't exactly the pinnacle of showing comparisons between the two.

Sorry if the comparisons seem shallow. I really don't have the time to do more screencaps right now, so I'll take them down.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a Sword Art Online game but with a budget. Shame it's an MMO as it's harder for me to get into but unless it's subscription based there's no harm in giving it a shot.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Great art style, Getting big PSO vibes.

Just make sure that skin slider goes brown and ill play

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully it gets a west release , since Dragons dogma is going to be shut down I hope this is a good wake up call that this cant just be japan only. Fingers crossed

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That looks really good. A lot of these JRPGs have suddenly found their way onto my wishlist when I haven't been into them in the past. A lot of it is the improved graphics and seemingly responsive 3rd person action combat.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
Is this an MMO? My understanding is that it's an online action RPG akin to PSO. I'm seeing the term thrown around the thread a lot.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Doesn't even look as good to me as X which is a 2015 Wii U title.

So I'll wait for a real main full Monolith team to show their new game before comparing Tales of MMO to Xenoblade.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look beautiful, after ff14 im more inclined to jump into mmo nowadays provided it has a great single player experience like ff14. PC only for now?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Nice visuals and animations!

Doubtful ill enjoy this game though.

I am barely enjoying FF14 and am only playing it because my friends are right now

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is totally right up my alley. Can never get enough action RPG goodness in my life, and if this has good character creation and good fashion variety... Yeah, I'll spend a lot of time on this.

Fingers crossed that it's actually as good as it looks.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I love the look of this, and that character creator made me excited. (I may have alt-itis :P)

Looking forward to more of the combat, hoping to see more of the different classes.