• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
- It's been hinted by a well known insider. Post or not, Jason can Easily shut the rumors down with a single post in Twitter and he hasn't yet. He can approach this very thread...or any thread in the past 5 months mentioning the Demon Souls Remake to shut down the rumors and he also hasn't yet
to add to this point, jason voted demon's souls in this thread's poll

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
another point in favour of demon's souls: a game with an important online component is something they are going to want to launch early on ps5 to get people to sign up for ps plus. i got ps plus for the sake of online play in bloodborne (disappointing as that turned out to be). i'm sure many will do the same for demon's souls

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If its gonna be a remake/reimagining then LoD doesn't have to be turn based. They can easily change the battle system and find a way to keep Additions or expand upon it

Ps1 assets are so old bluepoint would need to build an action RPG from scratch, with no guarantee the game would sell since the license is ancient, and Dragoon was barely over a million in the first place.

There's no coherent argument for making Dragoon over Demon's. The latter takes less work, has greater name recognition, and is set up for multiplayer.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I voted for Demon's Souls & it's my hardest plat.

It's a beautiful game but I can't go through it again. I'm way more excited for more people to play it.

If BP adds something to it, like alternate enemy routes- I may have to brave it ahaha

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
jschreier That Poll Vote

1WVVBbY.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Since it's a "big one", it's not Demon's Souls, despite that being what I would want from the choices. Probably Metal Gear Solid. Which I would be fine with. The original has aged horribly, even emulated with the latest and greatest tricks.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want it to be Demon's Souls, but does the average gamer really know what that is?

Everyone knows what Metal Gear Solid is...

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
I mean it has to be demon souls at this point
what intrigues me the most is how the team has been constantly hyping this since the release of their SoTC version
calling this project "the big one", right after remaking Shadow which happens to be one of the most renowed games over the last two decades sure sounds a little weird
Fromsoft reignited my passion for gaming and they have made some of my favourite games ever, but I am conscious that, in the grand scheme of things, their games still fall short when compared to shadow *especially demon souls* (dark souls or bloodborne sure are up there but we know those arent being considered for this remake)
Hopefully im explaining myself. 7 years from now bluepoint could remake bloodborne and it sure would make sense for them to hype it this much cause bloodborne IS that game, but i dont feel like demons is ever considered the big one among these other titles.

Maybe it just has to do with the team really loving the original title or the rpg elements taking up way more resources when compared to the more minimal Sotc
Regardless I cant wait for that fromsoft gameplay with top tier bluepoint graphics. 2020 is going to be an excellent year if we get this together with elden ring

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Did proof surface after this thread started? Do you actually happen to know what it is then, or are you just ruling out MGS because of Konami? Besides that, if it is Demon's and they are "re-envisioning" it, I don't know how I would feel about that since no one has gotten the Souls formula correct other than FROM so far.

You're counting Jason's vote as definitive proof, without him actually coming out and mentioning it?

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
I want it to be Demon's Souls, but does the average gamer really know what that is?

Everyone knows what Metal Gear Solid is...
They know about Soul's titles for sure. Demon Soul's remake would basically be a new From Soft game to a lot of folk, one with likely insane visuals since its being made by Bluepoint.

Oct 25, 2017
Did proof surface after this thread started? Do you actually happen to know what it is then, or are you just ruling out MGS because of Konami?

How about the fact that the best journalist in gaming says it Demon's Souls?

They know about Soul's titles for sure. Demon Soul's remake would basically be a new From Soft game to a lot of folk, one with likely insane visuals since its being made by Bluepoint.

Yep the fact that it hasn't been played by millions of Souls fans is a huge positive.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
In what universe is a souls game not considered big? The franchise has more gamer cachet than practically any series out there.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno if Socom is a joke, but itd be awesome and a real cool idea to launch a competitive esport type 1st party game right out the chute and give it a solid 8 year run, and promote it big time with prizes and tournaments, and hopefully a built in ps5 team and tournament system

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Exactly. If the game is well done it cruises to 3 million+ pretty easily, with a ceiling much more than that.

Its a license to print money for Sony.

Not Sure about 'easily' to hit 3 million units. Bloodborne - as perhaps the first must-have PS4 exclusive - took about 7 months to sell 2 million units, including heavy bundling.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll say one thing: Demon's Souls has the best "firelink" music of all the Souls games. Dark Souls 2 a close second. That shit is amazing. I can hear it in my head right now as the oracle or whoever the hell that is talks about mending the world and shit, and the last time I played the game was 2010.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still trying to understand where MGS is coming from because you would think Sony wouldn't piss off their big talent get with a scum fuck deal with Konami, unless they parlay the work he's doing with him to consult on a mgs game without Konami blessing which is equally as stupid. Y'all sound dumb for a forum that's seemingly plugged into the industry.

Also Demons not being a "Big" game is equally as stupid as it's the basically the pedigree that allowed the original creators to work on a game with GRRM. Like there's fun and games and just blatant ignorance.

that said, where the fuck is my Tomba or Assault Retribution game Sony?!?!?

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Demon's Souls by Bluepoint as a PS5 launch title, my god that would be huge. And it will look amazing too.

SotC remake is one of the best looking games on the PS4.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
It's Demon's Souls. I hope it's more of a remake/ reimagining than just the same game with pretty graphics.