• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters
Dec 8, 2018
Lol i would see none of these.

Demon's seems to be too dear to Miyazaki to be handle to another team since fromsoft are probably too busy with their new game to supervise the planning of demon's remake

Dark Cloud is dead man, completely irrelevent nowadays

And MGS, i just dont think Konami would want or allow it

Demon souls is owned by Sony so From or Miyazaki have no actual say in if it is getting a remake or not.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna go on a different direction and guess they're remaking Half-Life 1 and/or 2 and eventually next gen we will finally get Half-life 3 😃

That or the original Deus Ex.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

So they would remake Knack 3 beore the original comes out? Will it be that so bad? :p

So everyone says it could be Demon's Souls but is it really a "classic" game? I mean, not many people (including me) played on PS3 and the Dark Souls serie is more known. Or are you suggesting they will try to capitalize on "Souls" brand?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but what about the gameplay without him?

I`m sure is not Demon`s Souls we don`t even know if it is an exclusive game. I guess it is not.
Well, the majority of Bluepoint's work over their history has been PS exclusives. Sony also made a point of mentioning BP and their game in the Wired article. It'd make more sense for them to be giving that focus to a PS exclusive.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since jason confirmed. this made me question they said this project was much bigger and harder than the ones they had before, but isn't the trilogy of uncharted a much harder project since its 3 games with 1 being kinda dated? I would think demon souls would be a easier project, is there something that makes the development of it a bigger project or is that just PR talk?

Oct 25, 2017
So they would remake Knack 3 beore the original comes out? Will it be that so bad? :p

So everyone says it could be Demon's Souls but is it really a "classic" game? I mean, not many people (including me) played on PS3 and the Dark Souls serie is more known. Or are you suggesting they will try to capitalize on "Souls" brand?
I think both. Demon's Souls at launch would appeal to the hardcore that is more active around console launches. Souls has grown a ton since the original Demon's Souls release, and Shu has stated that he made a big mistake disregarding the original years back. It'd make sense all things considered.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Lol i would see none of these.

Demon's seems to be too dear to Miyazaki to be handle to another team since fromsoft are probably too busy with their new game to supervise the planning of demon's remake

Dark Cloud is dead man, completely irrelevent nowadays

And MGS, i just dont think Konami would want or allow it
Ueda wasn't involved with the SOTC remake, which had significant departures from his style in some of the changes it made. So I don't see why Miyazaki would have to be involved in a Demon's Souls remake.

Oct 25, 2017
Since jason confirmed. this made me question they said this project was much bigger and harder than the ones they had before, but isn't the trilogy of uncharted a much harder project since its 3 games with 1 being kinda dated? I would think demon souls would be a easier project, is there something that makes the development of it a bigger project or is that just PR talk?
The Uncharted games were just remasters. They spruced things up and made it cleaner and almost everything was the exact same.

Demon's Souls would be a remake. That'd mean a fairly big rework of everything in the game while maintaining the essence of the original. Think of something like the RE2 remake.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

Any remake is going to be harder than remasters since remasters generally use most of the pre-existing assests. Remake is just that, full on remaking everything.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Sony probably approached From for Bloodborne 2 but they were busy with Elden Ring, so this was a second option. Bluepoint develops with From and Sony Japan consulting.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Sony probably approached From for Bloodborne 2 but they were busy with Elden Ring, so this was a second option. Bluepoint develops with From and Sony Japan consulting.
Not so sure on that, Miyazaki's favourite game is Bloodborne and he recently said it would be up to Sony if they made another and not him. No doubt he would jump at the chance if they wanted to do another.. not sure why they've not pushed that button already to be honest (that we know of)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls would piss me off. Especially considering Sony had no faith in it and Atlus brought it over to the west.
It would piss you off because Sony wants to remake their own game? Seriously, it's their game. They can do whatever the hell they wanna do with it. Fans want a remake and it will get remade, thanks to Sony. So all good.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Not so sure on that, Miyazaki's favourite game is Bloodborne and he recently said it would be up to Sony if they made another and not him. No doubt he would jump at the chance if they wanted to do another.. not sure why they've not pushed that button already to be honest (that we know of)

Doubtful. Elden Ring is clearly their biggest project yet, it's breaking the yearly release cycle they've held all gen, and seemingly the reason Sekiro isn't getting dlc. (A lot of conjecture on my part.)

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
It would piss you off because Sony wants to remake their own game? Seriously, it's their game. They can do whatever the hell they wanna do with it. Fans want a remake and it will get remade, thanks to Sony. So all good.

It would piss me off because they didn't believe in it? Let's not pretend they passed on publishing it for any other reason and now 10 years later wanna capitalize on that success Atlus took a chance on. I just hope Atlus gets a cut. Souls probably wouldn't be as big as it is had they not brought it over to the west.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It would piss me off because they didn't believe in it? Let's not pretend they passed on publishing it for any other reason and now 10 years later wanna capitalize on that success Atlus took a chance on. I just hope Atlus gets a cut. Souls probably wouldn't be as big as it is had they not brought it over to the west.
People are able to own up to making mistakes and rectify them. This speaks more to a grudge you have about something that happened 10 years ago than Sony not deserving the credit for putting money into a remake of a game that people really, really want. Atlus could have attempted initiate a port or remake any time they wanted, by speaking to Sony and coming to an agreement now that they believe in Souls.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Sony kind of made up for it with Bloodborne, which FromSoftware were happy to work on. And if they're willing to bury the hatchet so should we.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Atlus published it in NA, Namco published it in europe. In the end, this game exists because Sony paid for it. It's their game, they own it, it will get remade because of them. Atlus won't see a penny, because it's not their game. People are free to be excited or they can ignore the game. But to be "pissed" because Sony wants to remake their own game is hilarious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Everybody here saying it's Demon's Souls but is it a big game?
I mean for resetera it probably is but I feel that it's very niche.

At least as big as their previous remake, I'd say. And likely bigger considering the genre it basically started, with Bloodborne being the second best game of the generation so far for me.
I want Demon's Souls the most out of this list. Because I am a huge Bloodborne fan, and mild Dark Souls fan.

And also, they have already done a 'remake' of Metal Gear, so I doubt they are doing that again. Then again, same can be said for Shadow.... Oh well...

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing Wandas face in SotC, Demon's Souls would be a perfect fit! /s

I really hope it's Demon's Souls. By far my favorite of the series and I want the servers bback up to get noobs starting into a PBWT event lol

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I think Sony already realized their mistake and paid for it with funding Bloodborne.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Would really be a critical mistake if Sony can't strike another deal with Fromsoft for a major exclusive on PS5.

Aztec/Mayan spiritual successor to BB on PS5... Would be something glorious.
hqdefault.jpg
Codex_Duran-Founding_of_Tenochtitlan-56ffc04a3df78c7d9e57debd.jpg

tumblr_oqq201WAsu1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017

Who cares? it's in the past and sony knew their mistake and then funded Bloodborne.

The game might get a second chance and your take is "sony didn't care about the original game back then"

Deleted member 24417

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Easy to talk in hindsight

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance that's a new game or even new IP or does Bluepoint only does remasters and remakes?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Would really be a critical mistake if Sony can't strike another deal with Fromsoft for a major exclusive on PS5.

Aztec/Mayan spiritual successor to BB on PS5... Would be something glorious.
hqdefault.jpg
Codex_Duran-Founding_of_Tenochtitlan-56ffc04a3df78c7d9e57debd.jpg

tumblr_oqq201WAsu1sn3ne4o1_1280.jpg

An Aztec/Mexica setting makes SO MUCH SENSE given how obsessed they were with what they believed to be the impending end of the world (a reputation the Mayans seem to have only because of modern numerology weirdos.)

Set it during the Invasion/Conquest of Mexico for the perfect blend of technology, architecture, gory rituals...gah! I want it now!

Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be MGS1. That would require approval from Konami which absolutely would have leaked by now. Not to mention they'd have to get most of the original voice cast together. Nothing about that has leaked.

It makes more sense that it's an IP Sony already owns. Demon's Souls

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally not in to the Soul's games but do know it is a hardcore favourite. Wouldn't it be risky/ballsy to re-imagine it?

Any misstep would be met with furious anger I'd imagine....?

Yeah, if it is DS then reworking anything is very much a tightrope. But Bluepoint have shown that they're really good at respecting what games were intended to be.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm personally not in to the Soul's games but do know it is a hardcore favourite. Wouldn't it be risky/ballsy to re-imagine it?

Any misstep would be met with furious anger I'd imagine....?
True, demon's souls remake is the real test for bluepoint, and seeing that Sony decided to confirm it bluepoint as the first PS5 developers, I think they are confident in what bluepoint are doing with it.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
if there's a company that can model worse faces than from software, it's bluepoint.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, if it is DS then reworking anything is very much a tightrope. But Bluepoint have shown that they're really good at respecting what games were intended to be.

True, demon's souls remake is the real test for bluepoint, and seeing that Sony decided to confirm it bluepoint as the first PS5 developers, I think they are confident in what bluepoint are doing with it.

Yeah Bluepoint have a solid record so will be interesting to see how this goes. I am a little surprised they aren't doing a older PS1/2 more mainstream/"safe" game, though.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Doubtful. Elden Ring is clearly their biggest project yet, it's breaking the yearly release cycle they've held all gen, and seemingly the reason Sekiro isn't getting dlc. (A lot of conjecture on my part.)
He wouldn't do it whilst they were doing Elden Ring of course, but if towards the end of that development if Sony turned up with a bucket load of money and said make Bloodborne 2 once you're done I reckon he would.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
It's friday November 27, 2020. After racing home from work, i turn on the PS5 and hear this sweet melody:

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
It's not up to Miyazaki, it's up to the studio's schedule, their projections and what the studio heads want to pursue. Miyazaki himself had mentioned that he'd like to go away from the Souls formula a bit more after Dark Souls 3 came out. I'm sure Sony approached them but with Sekiro, Elden Ring and possibly and Armored Core coming, they either turned it down or will work on it later.

If The Last of Us took nearly 7 years to get a sequel, I wouldn't worry so much about a Bloodborn sequel. I'd rather Miyazaki having years to plan how he'd even do it first anyway.