• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
What if its Playstation All Star Battle Royale done right?

tenor.gif

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
But they said that about Shadow of the Colossus as well. I think it's about a 50% chance it is Demon's Souls. Other 50% is probably MGS.

I don't even know why MGS is part of the speculation. What the hell has Konami done since they fired Kojima that makes people think that they're going to invest in an expensive remake? They've done nothing but PES, remasters, re-releases and low budget entries for new games.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If it's for PS5 then I would think it's an original project and not a SOTC style remake. Bluepoint has expressed interest in making an original project in the past.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Whatever it is, it's great news that it's for PS5. I was fearing a 2020 release for PS4 and then just a PS5 port with higher res or FPS. I want a game built from the ground up for PS5.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have anything to suggest FROM would even want to outsource a "re-imagining" of Demon's Souls?

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne would make more sense though, they've have to remake Demon Souls entirely. The assets are 2 gens behind.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I want it to be Demon Souls or MGS4 but I don't really see how the PS5 will re-invent those games. They're both pretty slow-paced and methodical. Unless they're going the whole "re-imagined" route and just doing an entirely new and different version of an older game?

I don't know, but it's exciting.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
There was a rumor going around and people held into it for some reason.

I honestly haven't heard any rumors about MGS. It just seemed like some weird fan speculation. MGS doesn't even lineup with their job listings. For example, one of them from late last year was a listing for an artist to help create weapons and armor.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls feels like such a quaint little game compared to the following Souls games. I wonder if a simple remake of it is really gonna be a big deal.
And this is exactly how I perceive it as well. I recognize the importance of the game with regard to setting in motion the Souls series, but I think nostalgia has clouded the reality that everything the game does has been refined with Dark Souls 1 - 3. While it would be a first-time experience for a lot of people, I think many would recognize just how inferior it is compared to Dark Souls. In many ways I find it similar to Uncharted.

And with that said, I don't mean to suggest that it isn't worth experiencing, because it absolutely is. Would I take a Demon's Souls remaster? Hell yeah! It would be another Souls game for me to replay ad nauseam. I'm only commenting on how I view the game with relative to Bluepoint calling their next project "a big one."

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer if Demon's is PS5 exclusive.

I wish we could at least get a basic ass remaster for the PS4.

Do we have anything to suggest FROM would even want to outsource a "re-imagining" of Demon's Souls?
It's not From's IP to outsource. Sony gives it to whoever they want to.

Miyazaki did say they weren't interested in doing it themselves, even if offered, though. Dark Souls Remastered was handled by QLOC.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Time for

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

remake.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Could be:

Warhawk
Twisted Metal
Tomba
Jak & Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
Resistance

*throws in The Last Guy*

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not From's IP to outsource. Sony gives it to whoever they want to.

Miyazaki did say they weren't interested in doing it themselves, even if offered, though. Dark Souls Remastered was handled by QLOC.

Ah, that makes sense. Still not sure this is that though.

Oct 25, 2017
And this is exactly how I perceive it as well. I recognize the importance of the game with regard to setting in motion the Souls series, but I think nostalgia has clouded the reality that everything the game does has been refined with Dark Souls 1 - 3. While it would be a first-time experience for a lot of people, I think many would recognize just how inferior it is compared to Dark Souls. In many ways I find it similar to Uncharted.

And with that said, I don't mean to suggest that it isn't worth experiencing, because it absolutely is. Would I take a Demon's Souls remaster? Hell yeah! It would be another Souls game for me to replay ad nauseam. I'm only commenting on how I view the game with relative to Bluepoint calling their next project "a big one."
I still find Demon's much stronger than Dark Souls 2 and 3. Anyone who thinks convenience is more important than design likely can't even go back to Dark Souls 1 after 3 anyway, so they wouldn't want to touch Demon's.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for MGS but I'm ready to be disappointed when it turns out to be just another souls game.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls was a flop, why would they call that a "big one"? Has to be a different game.

lol so you're just going to ignore the context of Demon's Souls 'flopping' (it didn't actually) and everything that has happened up until now? Cool.

The IP belongs to Sony. FROM don't have a say in the matter, same as they wouldn't for any future remasters, remakes or sequels to Bloodborne.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I've went over this in my head many times and the only conclusion I come to is Demons Souls via process of elimination.

Not a God of War remake because they are not going back to those old ones with the success of the new one + all the other GoW games already got enhanced ports/remasters.

Uncharted series and Last of Us already got great remasters

Killzone series doesn't seem popular enough or good enough to warrant a full blown remake. I don't even see remasters happening.

Metal Gear Solid 4 or just Metal Gear games in general just don't seem like a thing Konami is going to collaborate on anymore. Perhaps one day we get quick and easy ports of the HD collection again but that's it. Also a full-on MGS4 remake doesn't make sense since it could be ported and look just fine at 1080p 60fps with minimal asset rework I think.

I can't think of any other Sony properties that would be considered big and haven't already been redone in some form and would still be popular enough to warrant a remake. Unless they are going way back to some older Sony property from like PS1 or 2 era that used to be popular and I'm just forgetting about it, I just don't know what else it could be.

Demons Souls is the only one that makes sense.

1 - Souls games are popular and liked.
2 - Demons Souls would benefit greatly from a full-on remake. (Visuals are technically dated, QoL improvements are needed)
3 - No other official form of the game exists. Stuck on PS3.