Bluepoint Games' next game is being developed for the PlayStation 5 and is a "big one"

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Total voters

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
Well, it's on PS4 if you want to play it. I'd recommend it's vastly superior sequel, however.
Wait what? Somehow I seem to have missed this. Thank you!
I played Dark Cloud for the first time on PS4 a few years ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to playing the sequel soon!
I remember the demo being soo good, that I’ve actually played through it multiple times haha. Now that I know it’s available on the PS4, I’m too eager to try again and beat the entire thing!

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
He wouldn't do it whilst they were doing Elden Ring of course, but if towards the end of that development if Sony turned up with a bucket load of money and said make Bloodborne 2 once you're done I reckon he would.
Well yeah, but this game has been in development for 2 or 3 years as has Elden Ring. Elden ring is the evolution of their series.

iiStryker

Sep 19, 2019
It's not up to Miyazaki, it's up to the studio's schedule, their projections and what the studio heads want to pursue.

Miyazaki is President of From so he probably has final say on what projects to pursue.

Sony owns the rights to Demon Souls and Bloodborne though.

Honestly if I were Sony and From I would trust Deck 13 with those games

Inuhanyou

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I woulden't. They make decent games but they arent from software. Or rather, they arent a team under miyazaki.

Dark Souls 2 is controversial and it was under the from software label...to see a studio with no connection to the studio ethos at all and has only started making 'decent' games with the surge is just a joke. Atleast Bluepoint will be basing the remake on the original so its fine.

RisingStar

Oct 8, 2019
Miyazaki is President of From so he probably has final say on what projects to pursue.

Sony owns the rights to Demon Souls and Bloodborne though.

Yes, but Miyazaki has others around him not to mention Kadokawa to answer to. I'm sure they have had plans on their games stretching back years. I remember in 2016, (around when Dark Souls 3 was out) that he'd want to take a break from Souls for a while and they have 3 new projects in active development, (probably meant Deracine, Elden Ring and Sekiro). He also wants to bring back Armored Core, so lets see what happens. I remember on Neogaf that From had a 3 game deal with Sony, which was a rumor anyway but crossing my fingers for Bloodborne 2 eventually.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but Miyazaki has others around him not to mention Kadokawa to answer to. I'm sure they have had plans on their games stretching back years. I remember in 2016, (around when Dark Souls 3 was out) that he'd want to take a break from Souls for a while and they have 3 new projects in active development, (probably meant Deracine, Elden Ring and Sekiro). He also wants to bring back Armored Core, so lets see what happens. I remember on Neogaf that From had a 3 game deal with Sony, which was a rumor anyway but crossing my fingers for Bloodborne 2 eventually.
Pretty sure it wasn't a 3 games deal with sony just a 3 games.

We assumed bb2 or next souls that ended be sekiro. Armored core reboot but still nowhere in sight. We got déraciné. And demon souls remake as far as we know isnt made by from soft...

iiStryker

Sep 19, 2019
I woulden't. They make decent games but they arent from software. Or rather, they arent a team under miyazaki.

Dark Souls 2 is controversial and it was under the from software label...to see a studio with no connection to the studio ethos at all and has only started making 'decent' games with the surge is just a joke. Atleast Bluepoint will be basing the remake on the original so its fine.
Bluepoint isn’t From nor connected to them either?! Also the ambiguity of “reimagining” has me a little concerned. However, both Demon Souls and Bloodborne are already established IP with established mechanics. I would feel more comfortable with a studio who has penchant and a passion for the soulsborne style and Deck 13 is the only other studio I know of attempting to make this style of game that’s had some success at it. But Bluepoint would be fine too because it’s already a game that exists. they’d just be sprucing it up to modern standards. Perhaps that’s where the “reimagining” comes from.

And as for Dark Souls 2 SotFS.
It’s the best game in the series imo. I’m currently playing it as a matter of fact. It’s the only game in the series that has mostly a lot of cool ideas and innovations. Miyazaki is very good but not the only one with cool mechanics and design ideas.
Besides the more designers we can shepherd into crafting this genre of game is better for all of us really. No? Think Miyamoto, Aonuma, and Inafune.

Inuhanyou

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Bluepoint isn’t From nor connected to them either?! Also the ambiguity of “reimagining” has me a little concerned. However, both Demon Souls and Bloodborne are already established IP with established mechanics. I would feel more comfortable with a studio who has penchant and a passion for the soulsborne style and Deck 13 is the only other studio I know of attempting to make this style of game that’s had some success at it. But Bluepoint would be fine too because it’s already a game that exists. they’d just be sprucing it up to modern standards. Perhaps that’s where the “reimagining” comes from.

And as for Dark Souls 2 SotFS.
It’s the best game in the series imo. I’m currently playing it as a matter of fact. It’s the only game in the series that has mostly a lot of cool ideas and innovations. Miyazaki is very good but not the only one with cool mechanics and design ideas.
Besides the more designers we can shepherd into crafting this genre of game is better for all of us really. No? Think Miyamoto, Aonuma, and Inafune.

Bluepoint isnt making a brand new game. And people already have had criticisms of their design ethos in some cases for remakes with SOTC, but on the whole, if they are tracing someone else's work, its far more likely to succeed than someone advocating for the surge people of all things to make Bloodborne 2, an extension of Bloodborne which lives and dies directly on how From approaches combat, art and design mythos.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
In the poll, the only one that I’d be interested in would be Socom.

We have enough Souls games and Souls like games, I do not want, or care to play Demons Souls ever again. So I’ll be pretty disappointed if it’s that.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
I'm excited for whatever Bluepoint's next project is to see what they do with it, but I'm not going to actually play it if it's Demon Souls.

MGS pls

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
It’s gonna be Killzone remake with Killzone 2 and 3 remastered. It will be ready for release day 1 with PS5 to compete with the next Halo on the NextBox.

you heard it here first!

/in my dreams...