• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bluepoint is definitely going to need to re-imagine the gameplay because it'll be way too easy for SoulsBourneKiro vets.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Do we know for sure it's a Sony IP or could it be someone else's IP that was strongly associated with PlayStation? Love to see someone give a go at remaking Soul Reaver

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sorry, what is the connection between Bluepoint and Demons Souls?
there have been many connections, bluepoint's own job postings, bluepoint's tech director following a fan account campaiging for a Demon's Souls remake and now also retweeted push square's article that guessed Demon's Souls remake is being done by BP, and Jason Schreier saying yes in a thread asking whether Demon's Souls remaster might happen, and later voted for Demon's Souls in the poll of this thread.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
EDQvOkzXYAERI5h

Looking back on the cancelled Jak 4 concept Art makes me want them to be re-imagining that series. Sony could use the return of a cartoony if slightly darker mascot. Do what insomniac did with Ratchet but reimagine with even more modern level design and mechanics and new content. I want to run around in a world that looks like this please.

Last edited:

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I got to thinking that it might not be demon souls at all , there's just as large a chance that it's God of War 1/2 . I mean how many sony IP's are there really that anyone would even want at this point ? I can't see a Sly Cooper HD or Mark of the Kri remake. It's bound to be something from the PS2 era I think or... Demon Souls I guess. The more I think on it, the fewer options there really are.
This is the worst prediction in the thread lol. God of War is literally the last game Sony would remake at this stage, there's more chance Sony sells you an empty bluray disc with no game on it than remake GoW after last year's game.

As for IP's, is your knowledge of their IP that limited? Despite being a bad JRPG plenty of people ask for Legend of Dragoon, there's Ja&Daxter which would be really cool if brought back. Siren was pretty popular, so was Ape Escape. They even have multiplayer games people want back like SOCOM, MAG and Warhawk which would be a breath of fresh air in the current MP landscape. It could be a 3rd party IP associated with Playstation who knows but there's plenty of things if Demon's Souls isn't happening.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The soundtrack composed by Shunsuke Kida for Demon's Soul was really great, with a strong baroque chamber music vibe, something unusual on fantasy game that are more inclined to pure classical or romantism. Hope they will re-use the score.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
This is Dark Souls. NOT Demon Souls. Even though Sony doesn't own the Dark Souls IP, From Software has a great relationship with them, and I'm sure they've worked out a deal. Everyone knows that a Dark Souls remake for the PS5 would sell gangbusters. And since the original game runs on PS3, a remake could REALLY upgrade the graphics.

And while I'm here let me make some other predictions.
1. Microsoft will bundle 6/12 months of gamepass free with the next Xbox.
2. Sony will launch a gamepass to coincide with the PS5 release. (unsure if they'll bundle it for free with the console)

No inside knowledge on any of these, just common sense.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is Dark Souls. NOT Demon Souls. Even though Sony doesn't own the Dark Souls IP, From Software has a great relationship with them, and I'm sure they've worked out a deal. Everyone knows that a Dark Souls remake for the PS5 would sell gangbusters. And since the original game runs on PS3, a remake could REALLY upgrade the graphics.

2. Sony will launch a gamepass to coincide with the PS5 release. (unsure if they'll bundle it for free with the console)

but... BN did a dark souls remaster only a year ago, they will be laughed at for announcing a remake now.

and i am not sure what does the second part of your comment has anything to do with the topic.

Jul 26, 2018

Yeah... A Dark Souls remake after we got a remaster that bombed last year... Very common sense of you

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
but... BN did a dark souls remaster only a year ago, they will be laughed at for announcing a remake now.

and i am not sure what does the second part of your comment has anything to do with the topic.

Actually, I guess you're right. They did call it a 're-envisioning' of the game. And Dark Souls doesn't need that. But I so want a Dark Souls remake for PS5 :/

As for the rest, you're right, it's off-topic.

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Yeah... A Dark Souls remake after we got a remaster that bombed last year... Very common sense of you

Very polite of you. :P Remaster and Remake are completely different things. The DS Remaster was shit. Imagine how many people would be excited for a FFVII remaster. And compare that to the enormous hype for a FFVII remake. Your point is devoid of logic.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is the feud over who the biggest Fumito Ueda fan held between Yoko Taro and Hidetaka Miyazaki?

I theorize Demon's Souls because: Miyazaki's studios are too busy with their projects to handle an in-house remaster and BluePoint's remaster of Shadow of the Colossus impressed Miyazaki enough to entrust such a project to BluePoint, all out of respect for their studio's work on Shadow of the Colossus.

Hehehehehe.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I want to believe it's MGS, but yeah, Demon's Souls.

Also, it's not nice to play with my heart and putting SOCOM up there.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Only fear with DeSo Remake is that they would need to not only remake textures/engine etc. but most importantly rebalance whole game. Demon's can be cheesed to ridiculous heights and bosses have piss poor AI.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
If it's Demon Souls, I hope they replace the health grasses. Grinding for them was a chore, just like Bloodborne's vials.

Oct 26, 2017
Is the feud over who the biggest Fumito Ueda fan held between Yoko Taro and Hidetaka Miyazaki?

I theorize Demon's Souls because: Miyazaki's studios are too busy with their projects to handle an in-house remaster and BluePoint's remaster of Shadow of the Colossus impressed Miyazaki enough to entrust such a project to BluePoint, all out of respect for their studio's work on Shadow of the Colossus.

Hehehehehe.

You jest (?) but I wonder if there's some truth to this. Obviously Sony can do with the IP whatever they want but considering the good relationship both companies have they might have consulted with From in some capacity.

Only fear with DeSo Remake is that they would need to not only remake textures/engine etc. but most importantly rebalance whole game. Demon's can be cheesed to ridiculous heights and bosses have piss poor AI.

Maybe that's why they're calling it a reimagining. Rebalancing enemies/bosses/weapons/armor/upgrades/stats/scaling/drops/magic maybe even tendency, item/equipment burden, levels and traps/enemy placement? Must be a huge undertaking and would alter the original experience enough to call it a reimagining. And should/would they implement/consider any of the QoL changes brought about by the other Souls games? Or maybe they'll just make it so the game can't be cheesed anymore and leave the rest intact.
They should do whatever they want cause people are gonna complain whether they change too much or too little. Bet you some will even complain if the dupe glitch is no more lmao. They better not touch the VA, though. :)

First thing imma do is run to 4-1 to see if the Crescent Falchion +1 is still there, maybe it won't be, or maybe it won't be as good anymore, or it'll be the same? Either possibility excites me. I really want this to be Demon's Souls. 😭

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
What if they are going to re-imagine Lair. This time ground combat is more like in Scalebound and you have dungeons without the dragon. Kind of like Blaster Master.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
there have been many connections, bluepoint's own job postings, bluepoint's tech director following a fan account campaiging for a Demon's Souls remake and now also retweeted push square's article that guessed Demon's Souls remake is being done by BP, and Jason Schreier saying yes in a thread asking whether Demon's Souls remaster might happen, and later voted for Demon's Souls in the poll of this thread.
Sweet! Here's hoping.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I was most likely going PS5 over Xbox next based on preferred first party titles, but if I is Legend of Dragoon getting a remake then I would be 10000% slotted in

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'd be worried about Demon's Souls. I just wouldn't trust another team to do justice to a game that's such a strong singular vision like DeS, no matter how faithful they try to be. SotC is a good example, they tried to make a shot-for-shot remake of the original and yet still didn't quite nail the impressionist artstyle and added some weird non-diegetically sparkly collectables around the very intentionally dead world. And that's a game with way, way fewer moving parts than DeS.

Basically if Dark Souls Remastered couldn't even manage a glorified port without messing up multiple things, I just have no faith in a full remake.

Oct 25, 2017

No. This is worst prediction post in the topic. Even worse than GOW remake. Calling this common sense is something else. Sony is not about to lose a ton of money because just Microsoft is betting their gaming division on Game Pass.

I'd be worried about Demon's Souls. I just wouldn't trust another team to do justice to a game that's such a strong singular vision like DeS, no matter how faithful they try to be. SotC is a good example, they tried to make a shot-for-shot remake of the original and yet still didn't quite nail the impressionist artstyle and added some weird non-diegetically sparkly collectables around the very intentionally dead world. And that's a game with way, way fewer moving parts than DeS.

Basically if Dark Souls Remastered couldn't even manage a glorified port without messing up multiple things, I just have no faith in a full remake.

SOTC scored a 91/92 so they must have done a lot right.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I was most likely going PS5 over Xbox next based on preferred first party titles, but if I is Legend of Dragoon getting a remake then I would be 10000% slotted in
there is a chance AFTER this remake since one dude at BluePoint showed an interest in such on twitter

especially if Sony ever does acquire them and they have free reign to dabble in any Sony IP they wish

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017

What'd they mess up with DkS:R? I know the lighting/texture thing was something people dogpiled on, but I thought it was pretty much what I wanted, and having the active community for co-op boss runs, etc. without having to depend on mods to get it running right was good.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What'd they mess up with DkS:R? I know the lighting/texture thing was something people dogpiled on, but I thought it was pretty much what I wanted, and having the active community for co-op boss runs, etc. without having to depend on mods to get it running right was good.
It's how all the armors look pristine now, the aesthetics of the fires are way less interesting, and the lighting is screwy and either way too dark or way too bright in different areas.

It's not a disaster, and I still would go back to Remastered for a replay over PtD, but that's just evidence how easy it is to screw things up when you're working on something that is close to perfection already and feels so deliberate and well-crafted.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How are they going to do it without messing the atmosphere though? Even Dark Souls 1 remastered ruined the game by making the world much less atmospheric.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
That would be awesome but honestly i doubt that they'll use it if the remake is real.

I wonder how they'll upgrade the combat, it's pretty old compared to the newer souls games.

Just take DS3 and improve on that. Its not broken so no need to fix it just add QoL improvements to it. The biggest thing is a constant solid framerate, Ill be happy with that.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I have a question, why do people think it's Demon's Souls?
There was a job listing where Bluepoint was hiring folks to help create "armor and weapon" assets, and Demon's Souls is the only game with those things in it.

People just really really want it to be Demon's Souls because a remaster of that game is LONG overdue, and Bluepoint would go a great job with it

(There is apparently a Demon's remaster in the works, but Bluepoint isn't likely to be the one doing it, as they said their next project would require more work than SotC did, so it's probably an even older game than PS2/GC/Xbox.)