• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Bluepoint-Games-640x300.jpg

From the WIRED article

www.wired.com

Exclusive: A Deeper Look at the PlayStation 5

Now that the name is official, we've got more details about Sony's next-gen console—from the haptics-packed controller to UI improvements.

How game studios will use all these new features—from previously known ones like the SSD and ray-tracing acceleration to newer ones like the controller and real-time UI—is still a matter of some speculation. While a number of studios already had their PS5 devkits, the controller prototypes began rolling out much more recently, and no one is ready to name specific titles they're developing for the PS5.

"We're working on a big one right now," says Marco Thrush, president of Bluepoint Games, which most recently worked on last year's PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus. "I'll let you figure out the rest."

Aaaaaaaaaa, I feel like we've been wanting Demon's Souls for ages now. I've no idea if it's even considered 'big' by Sony/Bluepoint. Definitely a fan-favourite though. Bluepoint have spoken about how this next project is a 're-envisioning' rather than a remake which they would classify Shadow of the Colossus under so I'm real curious as to what it is. This is what they said at GDC earlier this year:

z3kLqvQ.png

I posted this thread a while back if you're interested in learning what's up with Bluepoint post-SOTC and what we could potentially see from them going from job listings.

Last edited:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Let's all speculate

I mean, it'd be cool if it was the original Nier but I don't think that's a big one.
Big one like MGS1 big? or Chrono Trigger big?
I'm guessing it was a first-party game from Sony, hmm.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls and a Housemarque game on launch would be a dream come true.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Sony bought the rights to Blinx the time cat and we are finally getting the remake we deserve.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a huge Souls series fan but I would not categorize Demon's Souls under "a big one." I'd definitely appreciate it and while I do expect it to be remastered, I'd be disappointed if that's what the quote is alluding to.

Has any game in recent memory been remastered with additional content added? I'd like to see a Demon's Souls remaster that has the world of the broken stone accessible or something along those lines. Part of what makes me hesitant to get excited for a hypothetical remaster is the fact that the game has largely been outdone by its successors. It also feels much smaller in scope compared to other Souls games.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly I'd love for it to be Metal Gear Solid too.

They said they want to go above and beyond what they did for SOTC and 're-envision' the entire thing rather than just remake it and pretty it all up. A Metal Gear Solid remake/re-envisioning for next-gen would absolutely be huge.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Folklore remake.
For real though a re-envisioning of DeS can go really badly and isn't necessary so I have a really hard time to believe it's that, as thirsty as fans are for it...

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Everybody here saying it's Demon's Souls but is it a big game?
I mean for resetera it probably is but I feel that it's very niche.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm a huge Souls series fan but I would not categorize Demon's Souls under "a big one." I'd definitely appreciate it and while I do expect it to be remastered, I'd be disappointed if that's what the quote is alluding to.
It's the father of all Souls games and something the fans have been asking for, how is it not a big one?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody here saying it's Demon's Souls but is it a big game?
I mean for resetera it probably is but I feel that it's very niche.

Souls games now sell millions of copies. Demon's Souls is what started it all and for many people they didn't play it. Now there's going to be a remake released two generations after the original game by a studio that's really talented when it comes to visuals.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more accepting of Demon's Souls since the PS5 would make it more than just´a remaster from last gen.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the soulsbros to cry out in agony when it turns out to not be Demon's Souls.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Demon Souls with the broken archstone restored you say? Don't mind if I do.