• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT
I KNOW
IT'S APE ESCAPE REMAKE IN 8K

Yes, this gotta be it.
tumblr_p6650rubqd1rj7or0o1_500.gif

I don't think they're working on AE, but Sony has to be doing something with it. There's no sense in them opening up a new Twitter account for AE's anniversary just to tweet about the series if there's nothing new upcoming with that series. The first tweet they made from that account has 133k likes.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're working on AE, but Sony has to be doing something with it. There's no sense in them opening up a new Twitter account for AE's anniversary just to tweet about the series if there's nothing new upcoming with that series. The first tweet they made from that account has 133k likes.
God I hope so, it was such a fun series.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A friend in Ubisoft says it's Metal Gear Solid 1 - mentioned it a few days before the PS5 news so inclined to believe him.

Why would Sony waste money on a remake of a game they don't own when the creator won't be able to consult on the project? It would be catastrophically stupid and a pale shadow of what MGS is supposed to be.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I assume it's a Sony first party game so no 3rd party games I would automatically disqualify. I'm assuming Syphon Filter. That would be a great game to bring to current gens. Since that franchise never made it past PS2.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Why would Sony waste money on a remake of a game they don't own when the creator won't be able to consult on the project? It would be catastrophically stupid and a pale shadow of what MGS is supposed to be.

Not to mention MGS1 already has a reimagining on GC. Doing it again would be weird as hell

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Demons Souls or I'll boycott PS5!
Okay, maybe not, but it better be Demons Souls anyway.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone at Ubisoft knows that Bluepoint Games is making a Konami IP at the behest of Sony?

I'm not saying I believe the user you replied to, but...

Is it that unbelievable that someone at game company X (Bluepoint) would talk to someone from company Y(Ubisoft)? I don't see why they'd have to go through Sony and Konami in this example...

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Studio specialized in remakes now working for Sony drops the word 'big'. I can only think of Demon's Souls. Games like Syphon Filter or Lod are only known by a certain hardcore target, I would never consider them 'big'.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's me. I'm Ubisoft. And my friend here is wrong (sorry, friend that I know). They're actually "reimagining" this.

220px-Okage.jpg

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

It's me. I'm Ubisoft. And my friend here is wrong (sorry, friend that I know). They're actually "reimagining" this.

220px-Okage.jpg
LOL

I'd play it. Loved that game lol.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
It won't be MGS, that's a Konami IP and they only care about Pachinko and mobile.

Maybe DeS? But not sure given how its more complex then the remake for Shadow.

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me why it's obvious it's Demon Souls? For all we know it could fucking Ape Escape(Which i would not be adverse to btw)

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
people have been literally BEGGING for demon souls remake ever since bloodbrone releases

there is no chance in hell this isn't demon souls remake