• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls still has the most emotional moments in all of soulsborne.

Also the greatest character creation theme ever

Last edited:

Mur2thetaugh

Dec 12, 2017
Could be:

Warhawk
Twisted Metal
Tomba
Jak & Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
Resistance

*throws in The Last Guy*
5dea69f71bb195ea.jpg

Total saturation!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
1-1 is such a good introductory level teaching you to avoid getting ganged up on, ranged enemies, holes you can fall through, buffing your weapon, traps, etc.

Now I want to replay the game but I wanna wait for the remake ahh.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
it has to be Demon's Souls...hopefully it's a PS5 launch title alongside Bloodborne 2!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'd love a remake of Blood Omen.

I think the legalities behind it though are about as feasible as a Goldeneye re-release.

... Screw it. Toss Blood Omen in there. Hope they have clean audio to work with too.
It's completely impossible (copyright issues, and it would be multiplat anyway) but I would fucking lose my SHIT at this.

Why don't they make games like Legacy of Kain anymore ;_;

This is what I truly want.
WTF
Traitor

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess The Last Guardian VR. Sony will need something to push PSVR for PS5. They already have a proof of concept demo they released a couple of years ago of TLG in VR and Bluepoint is already familiar with Team Ico's work. Just my random guess.

thebigmanjosh

Nov 5, 2017
California
Why is everyone so convinced it's DeS remaster? As much as I love it, few outside of these forums would consider it to be a "big one".

It makes way more sense to be a next gen port of GT Sport, Uncharted 4, Horizon, God of War, etc.

vicarino

Aug 31, 2019
I just hope they get the art style right this time. cant even look at the face of the wanderer in their otherwise great looking remake.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
OK was it a free pack-in? Games do sell consoles you know. Do we discount every game that has a launch bundle? How many sales do we subtract from RDR2, COD, GOW, Spider-man etc?

i don't think you get the point, which is probably why you're being combative here.

of course we shouldn't subtract pack in game sales. All I'm saying is, I'm using sales data from the last exclusive 'soulsborne' game to try to estimate first month sales for a potential Demon Souls remake, and I'm not seeing where the '3 million easily in first month' predictions are coming from.

In comparison, it took 2 months for Dark Souls 3 to ship 3 million units on PC, Xbox and PS4.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I would love for it to be MGS (and don't even try to tell about that hot garbage called Twin Snakes) but sadly it will be Demon's Souls. Well, at least I hope it's a graphical show piece.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think you get the point, which is probably why you're being combative here.

of course we shouldn't subtract pack in game sales. All I'm saying is, I'm using sales data from the last exclusive 'soulsborne' game to try to estimate first month sales for a potential Demon Souls remake, and I'm not seeing where the '3 million easily in first month' predictions are coming from.

In comparison, it took 2 months for Dark Souls 3 to ship 3 million units on PC, Xbox and PS4.

Oh I missed that part and I don't see it happening. These games are popular, but they don't have that level of appeal on one platform.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Super exciting news!
Yes I believe its Demon's Souls and yes that would be BIG! :)

Also I believe Bluepoint's game is cross-gen, based on bluepoint's job listings and blogs describing their project, rumors and development time. Not to mention they would maximize their software sales.

I assume PS5 version will have the bells and whistles (60fps, 4K etc) to be a great showcase for launch! Anyway, can't wait for confirmation of our hopes and dreams!
Touch the demon insideeeee :D

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super exciting news!

Also I believe Bluepoint's game is cross-gen, based on bluepoint's job listings and blogs describing their project, rumors and development time. Not to mention they would maximize their software sales.

I assume PS5 version will have the bells and whistles (60fps, 4K etc) to be a great showcase for launch! Anyway, can't wait for confirmation of our hopes and dreams!

A remake or flat out a new Demon Souls?

Oct 25, 2017
Super exciting news!

I hope it's not cross-gen. I mean it would still look great, but I want built from the ground up for PS5 as a showpiece. I guess the only plus is that cross-gen would basically guarantee native 4K/60fps. Sony mentioning them yesterday almost kind of implies a PS5 exclusive.

What if it's Demon Souls 2 instead of a remake! :O

I would not be confident in that no with From involvement. Same for any Bloodborne sequel idea without them. No studio has been able to match From so far and I definitely would not place that task on a studio that has never made an original game before.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ico is the best game on that list, but couldn't be classified as a big one for Bluepoint to work on. SOTC was always the most popular Ueda title and one that needed fixing/could benefit from upgrades the most. Ico is a short, smaller scale game with a remaster already on PS3.

Legend of the Dragoon on the poll got me like :

Lm93KRM.gif

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Sony should pay From to do a 4k 60fps patch for Bloodborne for PS5

also..

KeySafeDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

Ico is the best game on that list, but couldn't be classified as a big one for Bluepoint to work on. SOTC was always the most popular Ueda title and one that needed fixing/could benefit from upgrades the most. Ico is a short, smaller scale game with a remaster already on PS3.

Legend of the Dragoon on the poll got me like :

Lm93KRM.gif

LOD deserves to come back in a new form.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Looking very likely to be DS...but .....how about a Resistance 1-3 BOOM - Insominiac announce they have a team working on 4 !

The same treatment to Resistance that they gave to SotC on next gen - FPS nirvana !!!

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Why is everyone so convinced it's DeS remaster? As much as I love it, few outside of these forums would consider it to be a "big one".

It makes way more sense to be a next gen port of GT Sport, Uncharted 4, Horizon, God of War, etc.

Next gen ports of PS4 games doesn't make sense at all considering what we know so far about their project & how PS4 BC will exist on PS5 anyway.

Bluepoint already confirmed their next project is another re-envisioning that will go beyond what they've achieved with Shadow of The Colossus (2018).

And there's no bigger IP in Sony's old catalogue than Demon's Souls especially if it's PS5 launch title, that would allow them to go beyond the effort they've poured into this, while attracting the hardcore audience at launch with a next gen Souls game.

Plus we also got these 3 signs too.

0FzEX6m.png

Screenshot_2018-10-18_at_14.png

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I understand that people are excited for a possible Demon's Souls remake but I just can't get hyped about the fact that a remake is kicking off the next gen launch line-up...

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure it's a remake? It would be strange to have a remake be a launch ps5 title. I'm not sure demon souls deserves a remake, specially because there are still a lot of games in that "series" released afterwards that improve on it in every way.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If it's Demon's Souls make it a 'demake' or something. Taking a 3D game and applying a newer 3D engine is a poor use of the term "re-envisioning". Change the art style or genre or something radical.

uqS8QPN.gif

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Are we sure it's a remake? It would be strange to have a remake be a launch ps5 title. I'm not sure demon souls deserves a remake, specially because there are still a lot of games in that "series" released afterwards that improve on it in every way.

That's what Bluepoint do best and what they have been doing for the whole past gen, remakes.
I personally think it deserves it the most, being the first one in the series and the most requested one out of the bunch.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Do they even have the talent to do a revisioning of Demon's Souls? Sure, they can implement ideas from the other Souls games but at that point they might as well make a brand new game. Regardless, please for the love of Lucifer no World Tendency.

Oct 25, 2017

Did RE2 not deserve a remake because RE4 is rated higher? How about RE1?

Do they even have the talent to do a revisioning of Demon's Souls? Sure, they can implement ideas from the other Souls games but at that point they might as well make a brand new game. Regardless, please for the love of Lucifer no World Tendency.

I think they proved themselves with SoTC. I do not think the changes will be large enough to warrant a new game. No where near it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Bluepoint has already stated in the past that their next game would be a remake and that in order to make their own things in the future, they will tackle game design this time.
Basically the plan around SotC launch at least was graphical remake (shadow), remake with work on game design (maybe demon's souls? They could add back the cut area from the game) and after that make a new ip.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls would be pretty meh for me. Dark Souls/BB has pretty much exceeded Demon's Souls in every way, so it being the big project they're working on would be a waste. Plus, re-envisioning the game would probably be really divisive.

Legend of Dragoon seems like a biiiiiiig undertaking, and would he incredible. I don't expect it to be LoD, but I want it to be LoD.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think it'll be Demon's Souls. I just don't want it to be.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Clearly it'll be Pursuit Force or Ghosthunter.

And I'll go on lying to myself until Demon's Souls is revealed.