• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
People saying Legend of Dragoon because they expect a remaster like the recent FFVIII or they expect a remake like FFVIIR? Because I doubt Bluepoint would be able to do a remake like FFVIIR.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People saying Legend of Dragoon because they expect a remaster like the recent FFVIII or they expect a remake like FFVIIR? Because I doubt Bluepoint would be able to do a remake like FFVIIR.
Yeah LoD:R would be too big for Bluepoint... and let's be honest here, LoD is a niche game and not a juggernaut like FFVII, so I don't see a revival of the IP happening anytime soon (as sad as it is)

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone so convinced it's DeS remaster? As much as I love it, few outside of these forums would consider it to be a "big one".

It makes way more sense to be a next gen port of GT Sport, Uncharted 4, Horizon, God of War, etc.
Lol i dont think polyphony would let them touch GT. And it sounds like more than a port so... yeah. That would rule out the others.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Bluepoint Twitter poll:

flUM5vW.png

ERA poll:

uQyHlXd.png

Bottom line:

dNlZTjd.png

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I personally hope it's not demon souls . The whole dark souls and blood borne and demon souls are so not appealing to me :(

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
The more I think about this the more I talk myself out of it being Demon's Souls.
It's such a "core gamer" type game I feel there will be so much toxic bullshit thown at whatever they do with it...from art style changes(I mean,remember Wanders face nonsense),to god forbid they make gameplay changes or even add new levels.
Personally,I trust them to do it,Shadow of the Colossus proved their talent...but this is not a casual game for everyone and I don't think many of the audience for it would really even appreciate a new version because any changes made would be an anathema to them.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
ICO doesn't need a remake or a re-imagining. The remaster was enough.
I sort of agree,but after playing the PS3 version of Shadow of the Colossus I thought the same...then we got the PS4 version,which was fantastic!
Saying that,the wide open vista's of Shadow and the epic gameplay really benefitted from the beautiful new presentation.....Ico is in a much more intimate setting so I doubt a remake would have the same impact.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
The more I think about this the more I talk myself out of it being Demon's Souls.
It's such a "core gamer" type game I feel there will be so much toxic bullshit thown at whatever they do with it...from art style changes(I mean,remember Wanders face nonsense),to god forbid they make gameplay changes or even add new levels.
Personally,I trust them to do it,Shadow of the Colossus proved their talent...but this is not a casual game for everyone and I don't think many of the audience for it would really even appreciate a new version because any changes made would be an anathema to them.
I guess they could include a straight remaster to get less heat from that crowd. Would let them to take a few more creative liberties as well.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
ICO doesn't need a remake or a re-imagining. The remaster was enough.

I agree with you, and I said the same thing about Shadow of the Colossus, but... welp! Not that I ever played the remake, but it went down a treat by and large, so what do I know.

I really don't see how you remake ICO as a AAA production unless you drastically change things though. It's such a small, contained and intimate experience. It doesn't have the grandiosity of SotC. So I would be really wary if Bluepoint's next game did end up being ICO.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I guess they could include a straight remaster to get less heat from that crowd. Would let them to take a few more creative liberties as well.
If the talk from Bluepoint was "our next game is a remaster" then I could see it being Demons's Souls...but this re-imagining talk makes me think it could be something else.
I can't imagine they would do both though.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you, and I said the same thing about Shadow of the Colossus, but... welp! Not that I ever played the remake, but it went down a treat by and large, so what do I know.

I really don't see how you remake ICO as a AAA production unless you drastically change things though. It's such a small, contained and intimate experience. It doesn't have the grandiosity of SotC. So I would be really wary if Bluepoint's next game did end up being ICO.
Yeah ICO surely isn't a "big" game. Demon's Souls or Legend of Dragoon would make way more sense. Metal Gear 1+2 (not Solid!) would be the best though, but I don't see that happening with modern Konami. It's Demon's Souls anyway. With the broken warpstone intact :)

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It was announced during a PlayStation 5 piece, after their previous game being an acclaimed SIE franchise. I mean, I'd like to see some new Metal Gear as much as anyone, but it's not that.

Besides, Demon's Souls has hundreds of unique assets, only going by the number/variety of enemies it would be an staggering feat to reintroduce it for modern audiences. I believe some people are misremembering how diverse every level was, it is a really large game with lots of unique content.

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know what is inspiring all the MGS talk, guess it would be cool if Sony also announced they have bought the franchise from Konami and were also getting Kojima to oversee the remaster and Kojima Productions to build a new one. But it's not going to happen.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's not cross-gen. I mean it would still look great, but I want built from the ground up for PS5 as a showpiece. I guess the only plus is that cross-gen would basically guarantee native 4K/60fps. Sony mentioning them yesterday almost kind of implies a PS5 exclusive.

I would not be confident in that no with From involvement. Same for any Bloodborne sequel idea without them. No studio has been able to match From so far and I definitely would not place that task on a studio that has never made an original game before.

I agree. I'd love to see Bluepoint develop a whole game themselves but probably not picking up the sequel to a cult hit, at least not as their first development.

I'd love a remake of Blood Omen.

I think the legalities behind it though are about as feasible as a Goldeneye re-release.

... Screw it. Toss Blood Omen in there. Hope they have clean audio to work with too.

What's complicated about the rights? Doesn't SE own everything LoK related outright?

you know what needs to be done
Senza-titolo-1.jpg

So the world might be mended.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Please give the DS Remake an easy mode for noobs like me ;)

Want to enjoy the beautiful PS5 graphics but without being frustrated like I was with BB....

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
revamp item burden
streamline or better explain upgrade paths
some balance changes (magic slightly less insanely powerful, scraping spear)
modernized online features (higher cap of players, maybe add something akin to covenants)
sixth archstone

boom, reimagining
Would Bluepoint creating a sixth archstone be the first time they will have created new content from scratch?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be funny if Demon Soul Remake is a thing BUT it will be on different devs, like what happened with the Spiderman rumor and everyone thought it was Suckerpunch lol