• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I never followed speculations but what warranted the MGS1 option? Seems like the only third party option there?

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Wander's face aside SOTC is still the best remake ever made. I cannot think of anything else that comes close until FF7R.

WillingGoodCob-max-1mb.gif

Resident Evil 2 remake is another great remake!

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Goes beyond a remake into a re-envisioning? Actually, I just want regular ass demon souls online and in high res. If I wanted to see a game totally re-envisioned it would probably be any of those other choices.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Dragoon is the right answer, but I'll allow MGS, Ark the Lad or Wild Arms are acceptable.
Wasn't Legend of Dragoon one of the first big games from SIE? I played it as a kid, forgot about it completely, and spent ten years trying to figure out what it was. I only found out due to a complete accident, but I loved revisiting it as an adult.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can only imagine what BluePoint will be capable of on even more powerful hardware. Oh, wait...

Dwk-wdsX4AAhab3

Fucking disgrace.

Yeah characters faces and cutscenes is clearly not their strong suit so seeing people even entertaining the idea of them tackling all those 3rd parties licences where this matters a ton is kind of comical.

Demon Souls remake plays perfectly to their strength in that regards on top of being Sony owned.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone even considered they might be working on a Mass Effect trilogy remake? The wired interview shows quotes from Sony, Bluepoint and EA....

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wander's face aside SOTC is still the best remake ever made. I cannot think of anything else that comes close until FF7R.

I'm sorry but REmake is easily the best remake ever made. It took a game that had aged pretty poorly and improved on it in literally every single way to the point that it made the original pretty much obsolete. SOTC remake just made everything look prettier (and even then they fucked up stuff like his face) and that was it.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone even considered they might be working on a Mass Effect trilogy remake? The wired interview shows quotes from Sony, Bluepoint and EA....
A trilogy of games would be far too ambitious, especially since it's confirmed to be remake completely rebuilt in their in house engine like SOTC.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

RE2 just launched early this year, and even the original REmake is a better example than SotC, both game are way more than just a big graphic improvement.

Man, I can only imagine what BluePoint will be capable of on even more powerful hardware. Oh, wait...

Dwk-wdsX4AAhab3

Fucking disgrace.
Them doing this for DS will be online with the original game's vision for faces. ;p

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That wouldn't be exclusive to PS5.

Demon's Souls makes the most sense. Sony owns the IP, it is a big project, and between the time Sony abandoned Demon Soul's and Dark Souls was born, Dark Souls became a world renowned success. It makes a ton of sense for Sony to have a remake of Demon's Souls as one of their launch titles for the PS5.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I hope it's Demon's Souls.

And I hope if they stick the landing on it (which I think they will), they'll be the ones behind Demon's Souls II with consulting from From and Sony Japan.

We need more Japanese Action RPGs like DeS!

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm.

If the next game from them "will be for PS5", does that mean it will be a PS5 exclusive title, as in: Not running on a PS4?

If so, that's big news, since MS already announced that at least all 1st party studios will not deliver Next Box exclusive games in the forseeable future.

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
A long thread.

Are we certain this is a Sony IP and/or exclusive. Only Demon's Souls and Metal Gear Solid stand out. With the latter needing plenty wheeling & dealing to make it a PS5 exclusive.

Hmmmm.

If the next game from them "will be for PS5", does that mean it will be a PS5 exclusive title, as in: Not running on a PS4?

If so, that's big news, since MS already announced that at least all 1st party studios will not deliver Next Box exclusive games in the forseeable future.
Last time Sony announced a AAA 1st party exclusive was October 2017 with Ghosts of Tsushima. If Sony where going the cross-gen route I'd have expected at least a few major announcements in the meantime.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Dwk-wdsX4AAhab3

Fucking disgrace.

Yeah, let's focus one one bad detail and forget the bigger, general amazing work Bluepoint did. Even Digital Foundry said in their analysis that is is one of the most beautiful open world games created, they even put it above The Witcher 3 if I recall correctly.
Little picture compilation by me of the gorgeous world Bluepoint (re)created:

48316685222_fc264de3bb_o.png

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Surely it's Demon's Souls. I'd be delighted with that.

I'd love it to be Legend of Dragoon but I can't see that, great game with a decent following, but I wouldn't call it big.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly be okay with a slightly tweaked Demon's Souls remake. While I love Demon's Souls a LOT, I also remember SO MANY elements of that game that I generally solved by cheesing (the blue dragon, etc) and it would not bother me if Bluepoint and From met up and discussed ways to modernize the game design while keeping the same world, enemies and tone.

Basically bring it closer in line with the Dark Souls games rather than basically saying "HEY PLAYER GO BUM RUSH THE SHRINE OF STORMS AND GET THE CRESCENT FALCHION +1 IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEATING PHALANX OR YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME".

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Studios can improve so even if someone thinks Wander's face completely ruined the SotC remake, what says they can't listen to the feedback and improve? Maybe even hire people who are experts in the field. Sony Bend went from creating "the worst game ever", Bubsy 3D to Syphon Filter, to a gimped but beautiful Vita Uncharted game, to a full scale AAA game in Days Gone.

I think Bluepoint did a stellar job with the SotC remake personally. They made one of the best games ever even better.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This...is a terrible idea.
Those games are all near perfect and are fine with the remaster treatment they already got from *gasp* Bluepoint themselves.
So was shadow of the colossus I don't get your point.

It was also their first attempt so the cut scenes look off, plus let's be honest there's a newer audience for the series today I could see it making sense to go back

Last edited:

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
So was shadow of the colossus I don't get your point.

It was also their first attempt so the cut scenes look off, plus let's be honest there's a newer audience for the series today I could see it making sense to go back

SOTC could've used the big due to poor framerate on PS2, better optimised controls, major graphical enhancements and opportunity for much higher exposure of a cult classic.
GoW 1-3 has nothing behind it like that. Its a redundant remake, especially as the remaster was already made in 2011.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SOTC could've used the big due to poor framerate on PS2, better optimised controls, major graphical enhancements and opportunity for much higher exposure of a cult classic.
GoW 1-3 has nothing behind it like that. Its a redundant remake, especially as the remaster was already made in 2011.
A1tuZ5DvBxL._AC_SX215_.jpg

All these things you're saying doesn't mean we can't and shouldn't do it. Medievil is getting a remake its not like they have to be this picky and choosy about it. God of war 1 especially has some issues, need I remind you of a certain section involving spinning blades you have to climb up.

This isn't even my dream pick I just think it makes since if they want a large project that would sell very well.

Last edited: