• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is Dark Souls. NOT Demon Souls. Even though Sony doesn't own the Dark Souls IP, From Software has a great relationship with them, and I'm sure they've worked out a deal. Everyone knows that a Dark Souls remake for the PS5 would sell gangbusters. And since the original game runs on PS3, a remake could REALLY upgrade the graphics.

And while I'm here let me make some other predictions.
1. Microsoft will bundle 6/12 months of gamepass free with the next Xbox.
2. Sony will launch a gamepass to coincide with the PS5 release. (unsure if they'll bundle it for free with the console)

No inside knowledge on any of these, just common sense.

Never seen so many wrong predictions together, remaking Dark Souls would be beyond useless

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Maximo_-_Ghosts_to_Glory_Coverart.png

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
No, we know nothing, we can believe what Schreiner is saying but he is human, he could be wrong... Let's wait official announcement
No, it's the worst kept secret out right now. It's Demons Souls.

The only other old ips I believe are even being considered to be working on are Ape Escape, Legend of Dragoon and Socom. The Syphon Filter team is still alive but they just put out Days Gone. Bluepoint is a good team, but they are not touching Socom. Ape Escape doesn't add up to all the hints and imo would be a waste of time.

So either Demons or LoD and all signs point to Demons.

...and it's Schreier foo XD

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
I loved Demons Soul's but I am not excited for a remake...We have had 3 Souls games since, plus BB and Sekiro. Oh well i'll prob buy anyway lol.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If It is Demons Souls they better redesign the bosses to actually be good :P and change that dragon in 1-2

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Are we sure this is a remake? Cus you are basing it on past projects. What if Bluepoint gonna surprise this by making a new IP or a sequel of something abandoned or at least a reboot of something old and not just a simple remake?
My take is a reboot of something forgotten and not a 1:1 remake.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Blue Point's engine is so fitting for their upcoming Demon's Souls remake. I was just playing Shadow of the Colossus remake again the other day and kept imagining Demon Soul's with that level of detail.

We'll get to design our own face this time!