• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

We [Bluepoint Games] originally remastered Shadow of the Colossus for the PS3 and then remade it for the PS4. It's the only one we've touched twice and to date it is our greatest achievement, so it's easy to say that is our personal favorite. However, there's no question in our minds that our current project will become the achievement we're most proud of. Fortunately the Bluepoint Engine and toolset has been in development for many years. We have significantly invested in ways that allow our process of remastering or remaking games to be powerful and efficient. It is flexible and able to take advantage of any hardware.

Thrush refrained from going into any details by noting that the studio will only start talking when Sony is ready to make an official announcement. For now, let it be known that the current undertaking for PlayStation 5 is probably the biggest challenge Bluepoint Games has faced in comparison to previous projects.

For what it's worth in this thread Jason Schreier simply answered 'Yes', which might also show that this really is a Demon Souls remake:

Further evidence on this game being Demon Souls:
Jason and Imran both voted for Demon Souls in this poll regarding what Bluepoint is working on:
(credit to Ryuji)

Believe in Demon Souls:
DMB-SSq1SfaoXxSov9AvGg.png

via SegmentNext

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
That Wipeout XL remake's shaping up greatly from what I can tell.

Oct 27, 2017
Plot twist: they're the ones remaking Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2 lol.

which I wouldn't be against at all but people would lose their shit over.

It's a reinvisioning right, not just a traditional remake? If so, it can't be Demon Souls coz I don't think they'd deviate much from original

Ps1/Ps2 games are most in need of remakes that redo things.

My random, no proof ideas: GTA3, story presented differently with new voices/scenes/acting that largely sticks to the original but enough to deviate. Or MGS.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Well then I hope it's a new game and not a remaster.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Where is that leonardo dicaprio gif for having my interest when you need it.

That was insane what they did for Shadow of the Colossus. To have the power of a PS5, sweet holy testicle tuesday.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
More like Blueballs amiright? Stop teasing me you bastards.

Can't wait to see what they are cooking though.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
The salt if this turns out to not be Demon's Souls will be quite a sight.