• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mystery solved!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Black screen with title. And a cabbage.
It's a straight up answer to this post.

Seriously, what kind of monster just teases and teases without relief? And then the whole 'announcement' tweet on Dec 26 with no payoff. How can any human being do that to an entire forum of good people?

Frankly, at this stage, I'd even take just a black screen with a title. Please, Bluepoint Games, we're dying out here. If you don't say something soon, I'm going to eat an entire cabbage in protest. Raw and unseasoned. You have been warned.

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Black screen with title. And a cabbage.
It's a straight up answer to this post.

giphy.gif

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Seriously, a Soul Reaver remake would be more interesting than Demon's Souls imo, even if I'm excited about the latter.

There are no games like Soul Reaver whole Demon's spawned a lot of games.
Granted, Soul Reaver is not that different but it had a different vibe and design iirc.

Edit: And it was a game with some obvious cut content that could be expanded on a remake.
There is a metric ton of cut content in SR 1. But all of it primarily amounted to Raziel eventually activating the Silenced Cathedral to purge the world of vampires.
And this would eventually retcon SR2 and Defiance out of existence, and that is UNACCEPTABLE.

As much as I love Soul Reaver and would love it to get a few touch-ups, I ADORE the story in SR2 (the gameplay... not so much), and if the choice was between making it play better but messing with the story, or keeping everything intact, I'd vote to keep it as is.

Defiance is an amazing game that just needs a better camera.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
There is a metric ton of cut content in SR 1. But all of it primarily amounted to Raziel eventually activating the Silenced Cathedral to purge the world of vampires.
And this would eventually retcon SR2 and Defiance out of existence, and that is UNACCEPTABLE.

As much as I love Soul Reaver and would love it to get a few touch-ups, I ADORE the story in SR2 (the gameplay... not so much), and if the choice was between making it play better but messing with the story, or keeping everything intact, I'd vote to keep it as is.

Defiance is an amazing game that just needs a better camera.

I would just make a revamped combat system and interactions. The story was phenomenal, nothing to touch there imo.

Edit: Also, kill me but I only played the first one. Tried 2 but got bored real quick and never tried the others. :/

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I love some good external forum shoutouts and teases. Eat those cabbages.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a goat, that's a ram. A disembodied ram. DRAM.

That's that blue cabbage. Babbage. Charles Babbage. The first man who created the form of Read Only Memory.

So there's only one answer;

Playstation 5 uses punch cards as RAM.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, what kind of monster just teases about a tease with minimal references? And then the whole 'troll' tweet on Jan 8 with no warning. How can any human being do that to an entire forum of hungry people?

Frankly, at this stage, I'd even take just a ResetEra shoutout in another tweet. Please, Bluepoint Games, we're imploding in here. If you don't fuck with us more soon, I'm going to eat an entire 3DS cartridge in protest. Discontinued and unplayed. You have been warned.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I would just make a revamped combat system and interactions. The story was phenomenal, nothing to touch there imo.

Edit: Also, kill me but I only played the first one. Tried 2 but got bored real quick and never tried the others. :/
The series was all over the place in terms of gameplay, with no 2 games being exactly the same. But the story's what kept me hooked.

These days I find myself having the exact same thoughts about Darksiders.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever is reading this from BP (I know you're), can you slip us what you're working on as a suggestion while including the word UMBASA at the end of your comment? thank you.