• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Bluepoint Games, who made a name for themselves the previous generation with their impeccable remastering work, and who are behind the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus remake, are apparently going to be working on modernizing another classic.

A new job listing for a Senior Graphics Engineer on the company's website explicitly specifies that their next project, for which they are recruiting, is a classic remade for "current generation systems"- which is just vague enough for us to not know exactly what game they might be working on. I do think, given their history with Sony, and the success they have had with the Shadow of the Colossus remake, that it will probably be another Sony game, but who knows?

GamingBolt.

Demon's Souls turn? Maybe, but that "current generation systems" might point on an multiplatform classic game.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I believe this was known for quite a while.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
demons_souls-wallpaper5.jpg

Agent Ottsel

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they were the ones remaking the Spyro trilogy, but I don't find that very likely. Activision would probably ask one of their own studios to do that, instead.

Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls with the final arch stone with various improvements to gameplay or don't bother. I can already play the game at 10K resolution via RPCS3.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'll repeat from a previous thread - please be Demon's Souls so people can finally stop asking about it. Definitely more annoying than the old Vanquish PC port posting was.

Though with people's seeming inability to ask for remakes of games older than a single generation, once the PS5 comes out the begging for a PS5 Demon's remake will start up :think:

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
TSOG-LOD.jpg

It's about time. They learned open world with SOTC Remastered, likely a step in preparation of this one.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Could Demon's Souls actually be happening?!??? Please! Please be true! All the souls games on one platform would be absolutely heavenly.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
That text in the job listing isn't new. It was used in speculation threads a long time ago - it refers to Shadow of the Colossus remake, no?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My dream game from them would be a Siren trilogy remaster with all of the games updated to have the QoL improvements from the later game. But I'd be cool with Demon's Souls PS4.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Please be Demon Souls. The only Souls game I haven't played and that is killing me.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I read the title as Bluebyte and got excited for a second. Too bad it's not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.