• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Did Sony actually acquire Bluepoint?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care, give me bloodborne for PC you cowards!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint Game is a fully independent self-funded studio. We are always looking for talented engineers, artists, and designers to join the team!
This is from their twitter bio. The "fully independent self-funded studio" was not there before. Also, they added it to job listing that didn't have it before.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
It does seem weird for PlayStation Japan to have created that image to begin with if it wasn't true, but that new sentence really does send quite a clear message.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It would be more amusing if they didn't know Sony was planning to acquire them.

the7egend

Mar 6, 2018
I.E. Nothing is finalized till it's officially announced, but at this current time they are independent.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people want studios to lose their independence? Seems like weird fanboy feather capping to me.

May 17, 2018
Is there a link I'm missing? Is it just from a job posting?

Like, this isn't a recent statement they made, or anything?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I wouldn't take a Twitter bio as "reaffirming" lol

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Seems a bit weird for a dev to do to be honest, i don't think it would have anything to do with tweet, they would just come out and say something if it mattered.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Why do people want studios to lose their independence? Seems like weird fanboy feather capping to me.

That's largely what it is. There was one user for instance in the WB thread breathing a sigh of relief that they were 'safe' from being bought while in another thread basically begging Sony to buy the developer of Kena. It's pretty transparent most of the time

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about negotiations, but why would you wait to announce a deal that is set and, in the meantime, put this in your Twitter bio?

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I could forgive someone for adding the wrong logo to promotional material. I could forgive someone for adding the MC from Demon's Souls as it was sold under the PlayStation Studios logo. But together? Absolutely not. It's iron clad. They used the same graphic for the acquisition of Housemarque and Nixxes. I'd put my house on it.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Would be funny if Sony had already made the graphics before even approaching them to be purchased.

If I was Bluepoint I would ask for double for what ever Sony offers now.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Some people will still hang on to this fake rumor even after this lol
It's not really a fake rumor when the official Playstation JP twitter tweeted a banner which has specifically added Demon's Souls image into a banner that also included Returnal with the Housemarque acquisition that had only just been announced as well, which makes it seem like they had already made another banner that was meant to be used after the Housemarque announcement.

Mistake? It's possible, but seems somewhat weird to make THIS level of a mistake that requires the intentional addition of a completely new studio & their game to a banner that hadn't yet been used before that day.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, they could change it again just as easily as they did the first time. I don't see this meaning anything at all, it's just a twitter bio...

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Misdirection, self-aware internet trolling.

Their Twitter handler knows what they're doing. Always have.

Check out the 'likes' they're making from the account for a good laugh, too.