• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I have a tough time believing that it's a PS3 game being remade when there's still a lot of PS2 nostalgia to cash in on. For some reason my mind went to a God of War remake but I don't think it's that either considering we're getting a new one in about a month. I'm going with Jak and Daxter.

Matarick

Nov 11, 2017
Call me crazy but what if Bluepoint is working on Halo: Reach or something else from Microsoft? I wonder if they are the studio behind the fixing of the Halo: Master Chief Collection? It is a project bigger than Shadow of the Colossus and has a lot of art. If memory serves me correct, a separate team was working on Shadow of the Colossus and the MCC Beta comes out in the spring. It is more likely to see a Demon Souls Remaster but it would change a lot of people's minds on the quality of the Master Chief collection or a native Xbox One version of Halo: Reach.

I have a twisted fantasy of them porting over the art assets of Destiny 1 into the Destiny 2 engine and having all of the patrols, strikes, maps, and raids over to Destiny 2. Then again, it would be a painful endeavor for such a highly respected studio to port over Destiny 1asets into Destiny 2 gameplay mechanics.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
you think the trilogy should be left alone?
remake it, sure, but there's no need to change the story. With the extended cut DLC and the Leviathan DLC, the endings fine, and I've not yet heard a new idea for the ending that was better then what we got. I don't think changing the ending now would make anyone happey as so many people have such a fixed idea on what it should be. what would be the point?

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it'll be anything last gen since those games are already HD and I don't think would need a ground up remake like SOtC. I'm also thinking God of War 1, but the marketing would be stupid releasing two games called God of War one after the other lol.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think it's either Demon's Souls or Syphon Filter. I will be surprised if it's something else.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I have a tough time believing that it's a PS3 game being remade when there's still a lot of PS2 nostalgia to cash in on. For some reason my mind went to a God of War remake but I don't think it's that either considering we're getting a new one in about a month. I'm going with Jak and Daxter.
Jak and Daxter would be too good to be true.

A remake of that would send me to the ER.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
remake it, sure, but there's no need to change the story. With the extended cut DLC and the Leviathan DLC, the endings fine, and I've not yet heard a new idea for the ending that was better then what we got. I don't think changing the ending now would make anyone happey as so many people have such a fixed idea on what it should be. what would be the point?
neither the extended cut nor the leviathan dlc made the endings fine. if anything they made the endings and the lore worse in my opinion because it's just going off an already bad ending. the point, would be to adopt the indoctrination theory

Oct 27, 2017
My bets are:

- Demon's Souls
- Syphon Filter
- Metal Gear Solid
- Silent Hill

I would be so psyched if it were Silent Hill 1-3. Especially 2. But sadly I do not see it happening. The final source code is lost, one of the many reasons the PS3 Remaster was so buggy. They had to go off a much older build and patchwork their own fixes.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Oh I can, but sadly, it will never be. Disney's story group has them listed as Legends, and the seem to want to focus on their way of new canon for tackling said projects.

It is listed as Legends (non-canon).

Thrawn was non-canon too, right up until he wasn't. Honestly, a remake of KotOR seems like as good a way as any of making such a thing fit in the new canon.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Wasn't there a Syphon Filter trademark thing recently ?

I imagine that's what this remake will be.

Demon's Souls / Bloodborne simply aren't a priority for Sony, at this point in time.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
that would make demons souls dark souls 3. that's not going to happen. people need to understand that these are not reinvisions, they are remasters dolled up with certain remade elements. but the code of the game logic and level design is the exactly the same. SOTC uses the original game code underneath for almost everything unrelated to graphical rendering
I doubt they would do it, it's just a personal wish.

danGlokta

Nov 1, 2017
I hope whatever it is it's from before the PS3 era, leave the remakes of PS3 era games for next gen.

Oct 27, 2017
Thrawn was non-canon too, right up until he wasn't. Honestly, a remake of KotOR seems like as good a way as any of making such a thing for in the new canon.

Thrawn himself was the only thing the pulled from Heir to the Empire, due to his huge popularity and demand. They also sanctioned the original writer to do a new canon book with said character. Hence why he was pre-ANH (retcon in Rebels), and not post RotJ like in the old EU now Legends.

Yes, they will draw from ideas, and put their own spin on it now, but they are not going to take a Legends story full stop.

If KOTOR comes, and they would be smart to make a new one, it will be reworked in their canon. They are not going to use Legends with a canon stamp on it.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if bigger scope means adding more new content to what they remake, or remaking something that is older and therefore needs a complete revamp? Could they be handling Medievil?

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cross my fingers that Nintendo scooped them up for some major N64 Zelda remake, or even a full Metroid Prime trilogy remake. But ill bet Sony scooped em up again for another remake

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Solid would be insane. A proper job would entail not changing anything about the gameplay though. Because if they want to make the game play like MGS5, then they would have to completely change the level and enemy design... which would just not be Metal Gear Solid anymore. The game needs to play just like it does on the PSone.

Personally, I don't really need that. I want Demon's Souls.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Thrawn himself was the only thing the pulled from Heir to the Empire, due to his huge popularity and demand. They also sanctioned the original writer to do a new canon book with said character.

Yes, they will draw from ideas, and put their own spin on it now, but they are not going to take a Legends story full stop.

If KOTOR comes, and they would be smart to make a new one, it will be reworked in their canon. They are not going to use Legends with a canon stamp on it.

That's pretty much what I meant - keep the story essentially the same in terms of the important beats and characters, but heavily remade to fit in the new universe. Maybe include things like Jedha 4,000 years ago?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Calling it now,
Metal Gear Solid
or
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

It has to be one of those two

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
SotC has been pretty divisive.
It has absolutely not been, overall. SotC 2018 is one of the only videogame remakes to score higher overall than the original work. User scores are almost universally high for it as well; it's not just the critics. There's some issue with Wander's face and whatnot but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

There's a lot of reasons for it, but it's basically a remake where the original creator was intentionally kept away from the game so Bluepoint had to make some design decisions irregardless of the original devs, which meant they had to re-interpret the source material, resulting in some ...odd changes with the final game.
Because at the moment, it really sounds like Sony intentionally distanced Ueda from his own game. All because Sony is technically the owner of the SoTC IP so they can distance themselves from the person who invented the idea. It really seems sketchy to me what Sony did with this game, from what we officially know about it so far.
Okay, this is some grade-A craziness here. They intentionally kept Ueda from the game? Intentionally? So that Sony could "distance" themselves form him? Come on. If you're going to make up something, at least make up something realistic.

For one thing, Bluepoint did not make this thing in a vacuum. They had a lot of input from SIE Japan Studio, who are listed in the credits as having "closely worked with" Bluepoint, and playing "integral parts in implementation and polish". Ueda himself is listed as a Supervisor there too, so it's not like he didn't have some sort of influence on this.

The criticism is a bit hard to find on Era, where anti-bluepoint talk was kept hush hush
Yep, we're the Illuminati, you caught us.

Or maybe you just made a bunch of unsubstantiated claims because you didn't like some aspect of this version and thus felt the need to delegitimize it any way you could, no matter how crazy it made you look. One of those.

Bluepoint needs to stay away from games considered art
You need to stay away from making posts considered nonsense. You're trying way too hard to push a very, very weird agenda and I have no clue why. It's only making you look bad.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting my bet in for a remake of MGS.

I know people want it to be Demon's Souls, but a remake of a PS3-era game seems rather premature. That'd be more of an HD Remaster than anything else.