• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I think the PS3 remaster of ICO is perfect. I don't feel that game needs to be touched again, lots of better candidates out there.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get wanting Demon's Souls remake, but I feel for that kind of game (a last gen title) then a simple "remaster" would make more sense. Up the resolution and framerates and all that good stuff and slap it on the PS4. The kind of stuff Bluepoint did with other games before SotC. I feel if they are going full remake, like SotC, then doing it to an older title would make more sense.
Absolutely. Remaking Demon's Souls is a waste of time. A remaster is more than sufficient in its case.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it would be Demon's Souls based on their minimal hints quoted simply because any attempt to change the FROM/Souls gameplay would be met with riots. And, it sounds to me that they want to be able to inject a little bit of originality in their next remake. But, with Souls you can't inject a little bit of anything without fundamentally changing the whole gameplay system. As others have said, Demon's Souls doesn't need a remake just a simple remaster and I think they want something more ambitious.

Frostman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great Britain
People have been so vocal about Demon's Souls at this point, surely its only a matter of time.

I do also understand that, that game is slightly more complicated with multiple publishers being involved originally, but still. Let's see it.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
They should remake Warhawk
Or MAG
Or y'know something that doesn't have five other games that's already like the damn thing (like y'know, Demons' Souls)

Go against the norm of catering to sleep status Japanese titles and do some of the cooler shit SCEA/SCEU have published

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Ico would be a waste of their time.

Like, they would do a good job. But who the hell is craving an Ico remake?

I loved ICO, it edges out SotC for me, because it was my first experience in the world of Ueda which made me adore his vision of art to gaming, but... I am not craving it, because I know the game inside and out, and a much smaller scope than SotC is. If it was made, I would be day 1, but I do not need it over other titles that should get the treatment as well.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I tried SotC, and I think they utterly ruined it. I've been so excited at the idea they might tackle Demon's Souls next, now I really hope they don't.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be awesome if it was a DeS remake and if it was far enough along to be released in Feb 19 for a few reasons:

-The last BluePoint remaster would also have released in Feb (coincidental, of course)

- More importantly, would best comemorate the 10 yr anniversary of the game as it was actually released in japan in Feb of 09

- if it is far enough along and intended for release in Feb 19, then we should see a reveal at E3 just like the SoTC remaster

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for a Resistance trilogy collection. That would be awesome. But im going to guess Demon's Souls is what it will be.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of people in here who think a tiny RPG by an at-the-time no-name dev is a larger scope game than mother-effing Shadow of the Colossus is...baffling.
SotC is a 10 hours long adventure game with 16 enemies. DS is a RPG with more than 50 hours of gameplay and like 10 times more amount of assets = larger scope.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls please. If not, then ICO. Don't care for anything else.
SotC has been pretty divisive.
Even Kotaku wasn't afraid to attack it
https://kotaku.com/the-shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-isnt-quite-the-same-1822927900

There's a lot of reasons for it, but it's basically a remake where the original creator was intentionally kept away from the game so Bluepoint had to make some design decisions irregardless of the original devs, which meant they had to re-interpret the source material, resulting in some ...odd changes with the final game.

The criticism is a bit hard to find on Era, where anti-bluepoint talk was kept hush hush, but it's there if you look for it.
As i've said before, Bluepoint needs to stay away from games considered art, so I hope the next remake doesn't fall into that category, so these shenanigans don't happen again
The SOTC remake is incredible and the best thing that could happen to SOTC.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do you actually want Mario Galaxy? Or did you just say it to justify your jab at the Switch? Which is false btw.

I would really like a Switch version of Galaxy. Those games with some updated art and less waggle would be AMAZING.

Would love to see Blupoint helping to do more "enhanced remasters" for some of those games instead of normal remasters like we do see.

(and yes its a slight dig at the Switch lineup)

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
I would personally just be happy with them remastering Demon's Souls, touching up textures and geometry etc. A full remake isn't really needed.

Oct 25, 2017
"With Shadow [of the Colossus], the studio most definitely grew in both number of people and skill level - and so we continue to grow and expand and look at areas of weakness," said Peter Dalton, Bluepoint's technical director. "One area that we've not explored very deeply is, 'What does our design prowess looks like? What is our ability to build something original and to expand it, rather than just upgrading something?' and so we look at those things and we are constantly trying to enhance and strengthen the studio to get to a point where, yeah, doing original development or whatever comes our way, we're fully capable of doing it."

Sounds like these big remakes are in preparation for their own work. They've got some original work in the oven.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
How is Demons Souls bigger in scope?

Well its not a PS2 game to start with, but also, its got far more enviorments to rerender, far more enemy types to rerender, all the customization options to remake so the user doesn't look like trash, netcode to rebalance, servers to launch, UI to redo ect

SOTC had 16 enemies, 2 human characters and a large open environment. Demon's Souls is def not that.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SotC is a 10 hours long adventure game with 16 enemies. DS is a RPG with more than 50 hours of gameplay and like 10 times more amount of assets = larger scope.

I completed SotC in around 5, so if that is what 'scope' is referring to then it could be a lot of games.

But as already discussed it's probably more than that.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get wanting Demon's Souls remake, but I feel for that kind of game (a last gen title) then a simple "remaster" would make more sense. Up the resolution and framerates and all that good stuff and slap it on the PS4.
Demon's Souls' UI absolutely fucking needs to be trashed and redone. No fucking way can they ship that shit in 2018. It was already fucked back in 2009.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes!!! Remake.

I don't mind remasters, but remakes are so much better.

Hopefully it's a Syphon Filter remake. :)

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think it's DeS.

I think it's an older game going by the full remake remark.

But not a reimaginated one.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Finally.
It's time.

220px-Vib-Ribbon.jpg