• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Gow of war 1&2? As much as I love the franchise I hope not. They are fine the way they are. I dunno about if I want a Demon Soul remake with tweaked gameplay. A simple 4K 60fps version is good enough for me maybe with the removal of inventory limit lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if it's KoTOR I & II.

Oh I can, but sadly, it will never be. Disney's story group has them listed as Legends, and the seem to want to focus on their way of new canon for tackling said projects.

It's in the weird kinda canon but not confirmed area if I remember correctly, like SWTOR? I can't quite remember what words they used for SWTOR but it's not not canon, as it where.

It is listed as Legends (non-canon).

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I could see why some of my post would confuse you but it seems you confused yourself much more. I would call bluff on the actual death threats (on people making the threats), and Me3's ending wasn't the first instance of makers receiving death threats

i guess it's easy to suggest ignoring death threats when you're not the one receiving them

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has to be Syphon Filter.

syphon-filter.jpg

- Sony trademarked the name in Europe last year.
- Next year is the game's 20th Anniversary.
- They love to work with Sony and their exclusives.

:)
I would also be okay with this.

"syphon filter" is such a cool-ass name, also

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of reasons for it, but it's basically a remake where the original creator was intentionally kept away from the game so Bluepoint had to make some design decisions irregardless of the original devs, which meant they had to re-interpret the source material, resulting in some ...odd changes with the final game.

Not to be a pedantic asshole or anything but I need to point out that "irregardless" isn't a word. It's just "regardless."

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Oh? What events in particular were contridicted?
Malachor 5. It was repurposed in Rebels into an event that happened much closer to the time of the movies. Aside from that it was declared non canon along with everything else. There is no grey area unfortunately. They have even taken the hammerhead corvette design and used it in Rogue One.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Wait a minute, we are having Ni No Kuni 2, without having a remastered of Ni No Kuni 1 before that?

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I could see why some of my post would confuse you but it seems you confused yourself much more. I would call bluff on the actual death threats (on people making the threats), and Me3's ending wasn't the first instance of makers receiving death threats
What part of dev's were harassed so much they ended up going to therapy, do you not understand? That whole mess was a shitstorm, you can't expect the devs to want to go back to that and it's not fair to do so either.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Is the developer just making exclusive games/remakes for PlayStation platform or are they multi plat?

So far, The only multiplatform game they remastered for more than just one system is the MGS HD collection for the 360 & PS3, though they mainly work on old PlayStation games in the recent past.

EDIT: Well you already got your answer

Oct 25, 2017
Well remakes also take a lot more time and resources and may not necessarily satisfy everyone who enjoyed the original so that'd be why they aren't done as much. I personally like them more as well but I can see why they'd only be done for a select few games, generally older games that have become classics and/or cult classics
Agreed, I think that risk can potentially produce a greater reward relative to a remaster. It is definitely something to be careful with though.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If they are remaking DeS then I hope they change the gameplay a little bit, at least get it closer to DS3 in terms of speed, playing a slower game is rough after BB and DS3.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
It absolutely has to be Heavenly Sword. Cause I want a remake of Heavenly Sword. I'd also take Infamous 1 and 2.

I don't get people saying Demons Souls, I mean you've got 4 remakes of that already.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know most people love it, and that's great, I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but I was insanely disappointed by it.

It's a game that completely hangs on its atmosphere, and it's totally different.

Demon's Souls is a more compelling game on a mechanical and design level, but it still has a fantastic mood to it, and I still fear that they'd fuck it up.

I personally have no interest in the game whatsoever. Played Ico and SOTC on PS2 and quite honestly, simply not for me. I know the camera and controls are still somewhat bad and I just wanted to know why you were disappointed. As for the atmosphere, I obviously can't talk about the original game but watching a few gameplay videos of the remake, I was very tempted to buy the game especially with February being dead for me personally. Decided against it simply because I know that it's not for me but it looks amazing and just by watching videos, the atmosphere appears to be good. I'm just surprised that some were disappointed by it.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
i guess it's easy to suggest ignoring death threats when you're not the one receiving them
it's easy to suggest ignoring them when knowing that it is a thing that just happens but it largely doesn't stop people from doing their job
What part of dev's were harassed so much they ended up going to therapy, do you not understand? That whole mess was a shitstorm, you can't expect the devs to want to go back to that and it's not fair to do so either.
so you think the trilogy should be left alone?

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed, I think that risk can potentially produce a greater reward relative to a remaster. It is definitely something to be careful with though.
Oh for sure, I felt that it was definitely worth it for Shadow of the Colossus or for the 3DS Zelda remakes. But, even there, you see some people somewhat dissatisfied with the changes, regardless of how small or large they are. Still I'm pretty optimistic with what Bluepoint will pull off next...assuming it's a game I actually like, of course :P

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
A remake of Killzone would be pretty good...

I mean, Demons Souls is great and all, but I'd love to fight the Helghast before they became super high tech again.

Oct 27, 2017
With the Demon's Souls servers being shut down recently, maybe they are reworking the network infrastructure for the remake.

Shut it down a year in advance, so you are not forced into a PR disaster of shutting it down when the remake hits. ;)

P.S. Asscreed has been done to death especially the Ezio Collection in such a short window, can we not?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I don't think that they need to have a past with a certain publisher/developer before they ever work with them in the first place.

No, but to date all of the remakes/remasters Ubi has done have been in-house. They're releasing two more in the next couple of months with FC3 and AC Rogue. They have enough teams to avoid bringing in a ringer like Bluepoint.

I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but your guess was way out of left field.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, something multi-platform so everyone can enjoy the Bluepoint goodness.

With that in mind and their history with the franchise already, my heart says a remake of the first Metal Gear Solid. My head says that Konami wouldn't want anything else Metal Gear-related so close to Survive however.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If they are remaking DeS then I hope they change the gameplay a little bit, at least get it closer to DS3 in terms of speed, playing a slower game is rough after BB and DS3.

that would make demons souls dark souls 3. that's not going to happen. people need to understand that these are not reinvisions, they are remasters dolled up with certain remade elements. but the code of the game logic and level design is the exactly the same. SOTC uses the original game code underneath for almost everything unrelated to graphical rendering

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Spyro is being done by one of Activision's own developers - likely Vicarious Visions.

Demon's Souls seems very likely since Bloodborne 2 is no where to be found.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. The SOTC remake's art is already really different in tone in a lot of cases. The Souls games basically are the art and environment. It won't be right if an outside team does it.
To be fair, From hasn't yet developed their trademark Souls art style when Demon's Souls was made. Its enemy designs are a hodgepodge of wildly different styles, and then there's the CG intro which presents its world in a style that's actually quite close to that of the Shadow of the Colossus remake. At the very least, the Boletarian Palace should endure Bluepointification quite well. Hard to say how the rest of it would fare.

ugh, now that someone in here namedropped Silent Hill trilogy I can't stop thinking of Silent Hill 2 remade on the level of SotC.
Watch out what you wish for. That would require another complete redubbing, unless you want to see a performance capture cast mouthing the original lines performed by actors of The Room caliber.