• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Source on this?

The most recent I could find was Ueda saying he was not that involved
https://gamerant.com/shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-director-fumito-ueda-role/

And furthermore that Ueda submitted a list of proposed changes, with an admission there's no guarantee anything he suggested got in
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ges-for-the-shadow-of-the-colossus-ps4-remake

We never got a follow up saying if any of that got in. Do you know otherwise, Shinobi?

Because at the moment, it really sounds like Sony intentionally distanced Ueda from his own game. All because Sony is technically the owner of the SoTC IP so they can distance themselves from the person who invented the idea. It really seems sketchy to me what Sony did with this game, from what we officially know about it so far.
No, I don't have any other sources on that. Ueda submitting proposed changes was what I was thinking about, so I was mistaken on the details of that part. I don't think he was 'intentionally' distanced from the project though. He has a good relationship with the company as far as I'm aware.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
It's probably going to be God of War 1 and 2 remade. Makes a lot of sense with the new game this year.

That way also all old God of Wars will look PS3-era, except the PSP games.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
SotC has been pretty divisive.
Even Kotaku wasn't afraid to attack it
https://kotaku.com/the-shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-isnt-quite-the-same-1822927900

There's a lot of reasons for it, but it's basically a remake where the original creator was intentionally kept away from the game so Bluepoint had to make some design decisions irregardless of the original devs, which meant they had to re-interpret the source material, resulting in some ...odd changes with the final game.

The criticism is a bit hard to find on Era, where anti-bluepoint talk was kept hush hush, but it's there if you look for it.
As i've said before, Bluepoint needs to stay away from games considered art, so I hope the next remake doesn't fall into that category, so these shenanigans don't happen again

438283.gif

That's a really strange post, distorting reality quite liberally, lol.
The SotC remake actually garnered near universal critical acclaim and the rest are nothing more than conspiracy theories.

Anyway, I would have guessed that Ico would be the next game up for a remake...but Ico isn't a bigger game/project than SotC, is it? :/

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Especially with trying to fix ME3.
yes, exactly! that will be bioware's one last opportunity to really deliver on the ending of the trilogy. no more of this red green blue shit, no more of this extended cut shit, either adopt the indoctrination theory and expand on Shepard's last breath, or just revamp it entirely

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
yes, exactly! that will be bioware's one last opportunity to really deliver on the ending of the trilogy. no more of this red green blue shit, no more of this extended cut shit, either adopt the indoctrination theory and expand on Shepard's last breath, or just revamp it entirely
They got death threats from ME3, it's the whole reason none of the team at Edmonton wanted to do Mass Effect Andromeda, devs had to go to therapy for goodness sake. Noones gonna touch the Mass Effect 3 endings with a barge pole.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Demon's Souls is like the one game I'm interested in having remade at this point.

Though I guess I would love to see a VR-version of Resident Evil 1 or Silent Hill 1 (ala RE7) but that's too far fetched.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Source on this?

The most recent I could find was Ueda saying he was not that involved
https://gamerant.com/shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-director-fumito-ueda-role/

And furthermore that Ueda submitted a list of proposed changes, with an admission there's no guarantee anything he suggested got in
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ges-for-the-shadow-of-the-colossus-ps4-remake

We never got a follow up saying if any of that got in. Do you know otherwise, Shinobi?

Because at the moment, it really sounds like Sony intentionally distanced Ueda from his own game. All because Sony is technically the owner of the SoTC IP so they can distance themselves from the person who invented the idea. It really seems sketchy to me what Sony did with this game, from what we officially know about it so far.
No, I don't have any other sources on that. Ueda submitting proposed changes was what I was thinking about, so I was mistaken on the details of that part. I don't think he was 'intentionally' distanced from the project though. He has a good relationship with the company as far as I'm aware.

There is a source:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/80...ossus-remaking-the-legend.25053/#post-4826193

We were fortunate to talk with the TLG team, understanding their methodologies for designing environments, and we let that influence our construction techniques. In some cases we could also discuss things with Ueda, share our ideas of how we interpret a scene and where we want to go with it. Sometimes his thoughts help us see the scene differently, but often he favored of our ideas.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Ruined it? Really? Why's that?
I know most people love it, and that's great, I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but I was insanely disappointed by it.

It's a game that completely hangs on its atmosphere, and it's totally different.

Demon's Souls is a more compelling game on a mechanical and design level, but it still has a fantastic mood to it, and I still fear that they'd fuck it up.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Bigger in scope clearly referring to the size of bosses. Didn't God of War have a fuck huge boss?

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
They got death threats from ME3, it's the whole reason none of the team at Edmonton wanted to do Mass Effect Andromeda, devs had to go to therapy for goodness sake. Noones gonna touch the Mass Effect 3 endings with a barge pole.
it can be done. i would call bluff on all the death threats, it wasn't the first instance of such a thing and it won't be the last.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Demon's Souls with the SOTC remake treatment..... that would be amazing, i can't imagine the possibilities.

Oct 30, 2017
Love Shenmue, but I don't think anyone's going to spend money remaking either of the first two games. Remastering? Maybe. Hacked together port that underwhelms... probably the best case, unfortunately.

A bunch of game's servers are shutting down this year. I don't think that means much for a Demon's Souls remaster.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Let strength be grant so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

Oct 25, 2017
God plz don't touch a "classic" let them play their perfect older versions. As a first timer to SoTC them threads were an embarrassment. Let's do ape escape instead ;)

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
ugh, now that someone in here namedropped Silent Hill trilogy I can't stop thinking of Silent Hill 2 remade on the level of SotC.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I'd love to see the original get the bluepoint treatment. It will never happen though, aside from EA's allergy to single player games, it's not canon anymore.
It's in the weird kinda canon but not confirmed area if I remember correctly, like SWTOR? I can't quite remember what words they used for SWTOR but it's not not canon, as it where.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
There's more than just people want it to think why it would be Demon's Souls. They have a good relationship with Sony, SotC uses the PS2 code, so it's not a ground up remake, so a stand alone Sony published exclusive seems likely. Demon's Souls is the obvious candidate.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Man of if it is Demon's Soul that would be cool.

I also look forward to the day tjey make the own IP. Seems work like this is a safe way to make a succesful game and learn/grow to make bigger and better games.

This is what I always wanted Square Enix to do after Final Fantasy 12 because they were starting to loose a bit of the scope of the series. If they made the remake of 7 at that point they could've learned how to make a bigger better version of their style for the games that felt the weakest.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"better lighting"? a majority of the asset chain, from the character models, to many of the bosses look like garbage now, even the art style can't fix those.

The jump From made in fidelity from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls 1 is vastly underestimated
I honestly haven't played the game since its release, so yeah, that's possible.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Bluff on death treats? You don't they received deatht treats? I don't understand anything in this post. First instance of what? Getting deatht treats?
I could see why some of my post would confuse you but it seems you confused yourself much more. I would call bluff on the actual death threats (on people making the threats), and Me3's ending wasn't the first instance of makers receiving death threats