• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Hancock AGAIN over Nami or Robin?

Lol wtf is u doing Bamco???

It's because she's beautiful

hancock_beautiful_520.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nami BTFO once again, I knew Hancock would be the (likely) last OP character

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Naruto occupies a third of the cover and is shown heavy in advertising yet he still only has 2 characters. Jesus man put sone more respect on this man's name.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming Naruto ain't getting shafted, I expect Sakura, Madara, and Kakashi at least.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
What was the reason for them to change Trunks' hair from purple to blue in the first place?

Bulma hair was originally purple in the manga before the anime decided to change it for some reason, Trunks hair is meant to look like his mother hair so that why it was purple in the first place

though as of this revival of dragon ball content toriyama changed his mind and decided that Bulma hair should be blue now for some reason, and since trunks hair was meant to match his mothers hair he got changed as well

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, also I don't know how anyone is surprised about character selection. The minute this showed up on Xbox E3 you can see where the marketing was going.
If anything that justifies my surprise. Naruto is more popular than One Piece in most of the West and yet it has even less characters than Bleach confirmed for the game.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Renji too? Yoooo, Bleach gang we eating right now. Gimme me Byakuya too.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Jojo and MHA have their own fighting games. Hopefully they stay out so more deserving characters can get in. Boa is a good inclusion. The more One Piece, HunterxHunter and Black Clover the better.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Jojo and MHA have their own fighting games. Hopefully they stay out so more deserving characters can get in. Boa in a good inclusion. The more One Piece, HunterxHunter and Black Clover the better.

By that logic the only characters that can get into this roster are from series like Toriko, Medaka Box, and Assassination Classroom.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For being such an universally despised series, I'm shocked that Bleach is still getting a lot of representation

Since when has it been universally despised? It's sold 120 million copies, had 4 movies, had a 366 episode anime, had stage plays, etc.

People were sad that it's quality dropped off a cliff after a while, but it's not universally despised.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Cool with Renji being in, but One Piece and DBZ already dominated the roster even though I like these characters.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I was looking for bombs dropped, can't exactly be picky when it happens I guess.

Such weird picks overall. Boa and Renji would both be in my Top 5s (Boa especially for OP women) but neither are my #1. Boa over Nami and Robin? Renji over Kenpachi or even Grimmjaw? Strange.

And funnily enough Trunks is the exact opposite: I fully expected him after Vegeta, but then we got Perfect Cell and Piccolo and I thought we might've skipped him. Guess not.

And Naruto keeps holding them Ls.

What I'm really interested/concerned on now is the DLC. My cynical ass is fully expecting trios of DBZ, OP, and Naruto characters, but we've already got such deep cuts for DBZ and OP. Would they really just keep digging in them trenches? I'd personally love to see more series repped, but I was starting to lose faith until now.....unless that's just the delusion talking.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why Boa is chosen over Nami and Robin

She's a more physical fighter on top of having a popularity that rivals them I guess? I dunno why it happened for J-Stars either, but that precedent obviously helped her for this game.

Such weird picks overall. Boa and Renji would both be in my Top 5s (Boa especially for OP women) but neither are my #1. Boa over Nami and Robin? Renji over Kenpachi or even Grimmjaw? Strange.

Renji's a pretty safe pick, and is probably more fun to make a character out of than Kenpachi from what I remember.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Considering who Hancock and Trunks are, is this Renji guy on the same tier of popularity? Only watched half an episode of Bleach.

Apr 16, 2018
Watching folks freak out for the roster of this game is pretty amusing.

There probably won't be more than 2 Jojo reps, like the last game. Naruto might get one more rep, like the last game. One Piece and DBZ having the most representation isn't even surprising, cuz they had the most reps in the last game too lol.

Hope Trunks gets his rage transformation.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It does, they recently released $100+ art book and I believe TV Tokyo is still making money of Bleach. Also Bleach still has a dedicated hardcore fanbase, praying everyday that the anime returns.
I am honestly still wondering if they're ever going to animate the final arc with how much Bleach keeps showing up in things. Or redo the anime in general but this time cutting out all the filler arcs (which were an issue in pacing and overall quality) and sticking with and expanding the manga content. Improving on the pacing the original anime would be good to since that could drag a lot at times because of how quickly it was approaching the manga content (the big reasons for the filler arcs).

There are a number of reasons why that manga and anime got canceled and ended. All of which could easily be addressed in a new project I think.

sythyx

Jun 9, 2018
Naruto is a much bigger franchise than Bleach, i refuse to believe there will only be these 2 characters for Naruto, they'll add Madara and Sakura at least, maybe even Boruto or Sarada

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
" We should stop using this thing that makes money because some person on the internet said so "

I mean, to be fair, it was that mentality that let the manga get to the point that it got. "No, kubo's got this, just keep him paid and everything will be fine".

3 years later.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN APPROVAL IS THROUGH THE FLOOR?!?!"

But yeah, Bleach was good once. I get why they'd include it.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game's roster is so weird. I can't believe that there are only two female characters in the roster. It makes me not want to play it.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
I am honestly still wondering if they're ever going to animate the final arc with how much Bleach keeps showing up in things. Or redo the anime in general but this time cutting out all the filler arcs (which were an issue in pacing and overall quality) and sticking with and expanding the manga content. Improving on the pacing the original anime would be good to since that could drag a lot at times because of how quickly it was approaching the manga content (the big reasons for the filler arcs).

There are a number of reasons why that manga and anime got canceled and ended. All of which could easily be addressed in a new project I think.

Bleach shit the bed. Best let it stay in the shadow realm.