• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Hey guys Renji help kill Nazi pillar of the universe man....well more like served as bait, but it's something.

Better him than Rukia doing that....who just decide not to fight to save the universe.

When was the last time Hancock was even relevant to the series?

Concerning what happening now, she might be relevant "soon" in the future.

But I think you're proving their argument. 11th is

To be fair that last popularity poll was back in the Arrancar arc, I think before Renji and Ishida fought science guy so its a bit behind where he at least did stuff after that arc and got fights unlike Robin.

Which speaking of Robin in the latest poll ranked 12th as the third most popular female below Hancock and Nami.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it cute that Jump is still including Bleach into their stuff after they axed it. Shit tier franchise should stay dead.

The editorial of Shonen Jump never axed it. Kubo was the one who wanted to end it.
https://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/05/why-did-bleach-end-tite-kubo-injuries/

Does it still make money though ? Bleach was killed by Jump because nobody read it anymore.

Bleach was never killed by Shonen Jump editorial and when the manga ended, it was still selling above 500k so no. And yes, Bleach is still making money with license, merchandise and such. It's Live Action was launched last year, novels were being launched as well, it's mobile game was launched as well and we saw this year that Bleach is on the top 5 of TV Tokyo in sales and profit even without any anime and above series like Aikatsu, Beyblade and others that are from TV Tokyo and very popular.

Why is Asta even in this game? The vast majority of the characters in this game seem to be 80's to 2000's Shounen jump manga. Then you have Asta who isn't even from a particularly notable 2010's manga title just random there.

Because it's a noteworthy title from the 2010s and a success with more than 300k per volume and it's on the top 15 best-selling manga of the year for quite some time. Besides, most of the successful series on the decade couldn't be represented on it since they aren't from battle manga like Bandai Namco wants so basically only Black Clover, World Trigger and My Hero Academia could be represented on the game with series with anime already out.

For being such an universally despised series, I'm shocked that Bleach is still getting a lot of representation

No such thing in the world is universally hated. Bleach have plenty of fans around the world.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
*In Uzumaki Khan's voice* DA SPOILERS FAM DA SPOILERS

Well it'd still work as a joke anyhow, but meh, we learned that in an SBS, it's all good. Even then, where else would he go lol

Jump's audience are a bunch of horny bastards.

This is obviously part of it, but loyalty plays into it. Characters like Law and Ace are "set for life", so to speak.

Still weird he is actually 45

*cough Perona's 23 *cough

I love the cast. Games art direction just doesn't let me enjoy it.

I never did warm up to it, though the occasional character here and there looks surprisingly alright.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Why is Asta even in this game? The vast majority of the characters in this game seem to be 80's to 2000's Shounen jump manga. Then you have Asta who isn't even from a particularly notable 2010's manga title just random there.

Because Jump is desperate for Black Clover to be a success when its apparent its not going to be any where close as successful as they wish it to be.

No way Black Clover gets in and not MHA. I'm expecting at bare minimum for us to get more Naruto, Jojo, and MHA.

I think Itachi would be a better fit than Pain, especially due to his sheer popularity. But watch them just give us Boruto instead.

Sasuke, Madara and Itachi would be overkill. Too many similar moves imo. Pain has a unique moveset.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
It was obviously that they what this game to sell well in the West, it seems to have a bigger budget then J-Star Victory. I suspect at least 3 Naruto characters Kakashi, Madara, and Boruto.

Its a successful series what are you talking about?

Don't waste your time dude is hating. People always assume they get to determine what's successful or not.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I was not expecting my boy Trunks, holy shit.

MHA characters will probably be shown at Jump Festa, but I wonder who else can swoop in and surprise us. Shaman King?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Boa will always play second fiddle to Nami.

Nami is one of the worst downgraded characters in the history of anime.

What started off as a sassy, still sexy thief devolved into a (still growing!) massive pair of tits and tinier outfits in every arc to show off said tits. The one credit to her is that she's managed to get by a lot of major scrapes with quick-thinking, but if she was ever in an actual fight she's probably the weakest Straw Hat by a country mile.

Boa is a fanservice character who knows she's a fanservice character and brings down literal armies with a mere wink. She's the closest thing to a JoJo character in One Piece, not counting the guy with an actual Stand (the Genie).

There's even a whole TV special where the goal of the bad guys was to kidnap Boa for ransom, only to have her thwart their attempts every step of the way and fight alongside Luffy.

Yes, I'm all for the Pirate King and Queen outcome.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Boa will always play second fiddle to Nami.
One-Piece-921-924-Image-PV.jpg

What started off as a sassy, still sexy thief devolved into a (still growing!) massive pair of tits and tinier outfits in every arc to show off said tits. The one credit to her is that she's managed to get by a lot of major scrapes with quick-thinking, but if she was ever in an actual fight she's probably the weakest Straw Hat by a country mile.

Nope.

Word of god always has Usopp being the weakest.

Pretty much goes:
- Luffy
- Zoro
- Sanji
- Jinbe
- Franky
- Robin
- Brook (though you could switch Robin and Brook)
- Chopper
- Nami
- Usopp

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope.

Word of god always has Usopp being the weakest.

Pretty much goes:
- Luffy
- Zoro
- Sanji
- Jinbe
- Franky
- Robin
- Brook (though you could switch Robin and Brook)
- Chopper
- Nami
- Usopp

Fair enough.

I mean, not like that's anything to be proud of...

bullshit at Sanji being stronger than Jinbe

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What started off as a sassy, still sexy thief

*looks at WCI arc

Yea, she's very much still that.

Boa is a fanservice character who knows she's a fanservice character

This sounds nice to read, but honestly doesn't really mean anything? They're both subject to it at the end of the day, though I won't act brand new about it. Hell, using your logic, Nami has from the very beginning showed a blatant awareness of her looks in both dialogue and fashion choices, including long before we even knew Hancock existed.

the dude jobbed to vergo...

It ain't a job when it wasn't a full-fledged fight, Nami got him injured beforehand, and the clash ends with him running off lol

That ain't even jobbing regardless, we already knew Vergo was strong at that point.

There's even a whole TV special where the goal of the bad guys was to kidnap Boa for ransom, only to have her thwart their attempts every step of the way and fight alongside Luffy.

3D2Y does not come to mind when I think of good portrayal Hancock has gotten lol, don't forget her "battle damage" by the end of the special.

What happen to Renji? Isn't he suppose to be Ichigo's Vegeta, his friendly rival?

I thought that was Uryu. Or technically even Grimmjow. It's been a minute though.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
What's great about Boa is that she's probably one of the strongest warlords in the series

She's a haki master and her devil fruit is OP as fuck

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
*looks at WCI arc

Yea, she's very much still that.

This sounds nice to read, but honestly doesn't really mean anything? They're both subject to it at the end of the day, though I won't act brand new about it. Hell, using your logic, Nami has from the very beginning showed a blatant awareness of her looks in both dialogue and fashion choices, including long before we even knew Hancock existed.

It ain't a job when it wasn't a full-fledged fight, Nami got him injured beforehand, and the clash ends with him running off lol

That ain't even jobbing regardless, we already knew Vergo was strong at that point.

3D2Y does not come to mind when I think of good portrayal Hancock has gotten lol, don't forget her "battle damage" by the end of the special.

I thought that was Uryu. Or technically even Grimmjow. It's been a minute though.
Dude fractured his leg on Vergo's haki. Vergo isn't even notable. That's a thorough jobbing.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
And yet it was never brought up again... You right about the bolded tho
Yeah that's why it looks bad. Sanji should be going up against Yonkou Commanders the level we're at now. Vergo is a VA.... and below Doffy. Even Doffy is not even all that notable anymore since Oda went of his way to show how great Cracker was.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But at the same time, I can see Bandai Namco using Deku as dlc to get people interested on it and to buy. lol Wouldn't doubt on it.
Asta's announcement made me a bit less worried but it is still quite weird for him to show up before Deku and they would need something big for DLC so...I'm still a little worried about MHA at launch lol. Like, in my head the way I picture the potential DLC, I can't see the DLC being focused on side characters from already repped series and think there has to be at least one relatively big franchise that makes its debut along with its MC there and MHA would draw in many to that. Hope I'm wrong and it's at launch.

(Though it changes little for me cause I think I'm probably only gonna buy it once all the characters are out)

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
It got canceled because it wasn't selling. I guess the hardcore fanbase is still making them money off random stuff like that.

Me saying something should stay dead because I think it's worthless doesn't actually translate to me thinking WSJ should listen to me rofl. Just dunking on a shit series that deserves it.
Provide proof it was canceled.

Oh wait, you don't have any.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Provide proof it was canceled.

Oh wait, you don't have any.

I mean, it's hard to blame people. The idea that under normal conditions we'd still be dealing with Bleach's glacial pace is harrowing.

2016 was a perfect end of an era for Jump with both Bleach and Kochikame taking curtain calls. The magazine's benefited from that hole that was opened up. Can't imagine what it'd be like with Bleach still kicking.