• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
It is legit. That's all the stuff you got with the box. You could turn the box into a storage thing, but as usual with publishers, they don't include any method to do so, the insert you get was this flimsy paper things that holds a couple of small card packets straight up to the top of the box.
I assume netrunner has another storage solution then that is more practical then this one?
None that is official. The first Core box had a decent insert that let you place cards on their long side in one single row across. The second Core box however was much thinner so you could only place cards on their back, that if you closed the box would just mix things up. There are tons of third party solutions but no official ones. The only decent effort I've seen from a publisher to providing a good storage for their card game is Doomtown Reloaded: There Comes a Reckoning box.
Doomtown-Trunk-Print-547x700.jpg
DoomtownTrunk-300x260.png

It came with a big insert that had space for three rows of cards standing up, and came with hard plastic inserts for all different factions and neautral card types. Plus of course the new cards included in the box. It's about the same size as the Terminal Directive box for Netrunner but unlike FFG they put some bloody effort into it.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I assume netrunner has another storage solution then that is more practical then this one?
Not anything official. FFG doesn't care about inserts at all, as far as I'm aware. You'll get a little piece of folded cardboard to keep everything in place during shipping, and that's it. There could be an exception to this, but not anything coming to mind at the moment.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Snuck in and nabbed Reichbusters this morning. $100 for 122 minis and a board game version of Commandos was too much for me to pass on!

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Snuck in and nabbed Reichbusters this morning. $100 for 122 minis and a board game version of Commandos was too much for me to pass on!
I moved my money over from Everrain and went all-in on Reichbusters. Everrain has some really cool minis, but that KS campaign was not very well thought-out. There were so many uncertainties about gameplay and the developers weren't nearly as active as they needed to be to assuage those fears. The Reichbusters team, on the other hand, put a ton of effort into their game up-front, as well as promoting it and being active with the community (even re-working a mini sculpt that was less than desirable).

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I moved my money over from Everrain and went all-in on Reichbusters. Everrain has some really cool minis, but that KS campaign was not very well thought-out. There were so many uncertainties about gameplay and the developers weren't nearly as active as they needed to be to assuage those fears. The Reichbusters team, on the other hand, put a ton of effort into their game up-front, as well as promoting it and being active with the community (even re-working a mini sculpt that was less than desirable).

I'm right there with you. I was all in on Day 1 with Everrain. It became apparent very soon that what hey were offering was nothing that I would regret waiting for at retail I decide I want the game at a later date. Reichbusters, on the other hand, did a nice job of ramping up the goodies and did a much better job explaining their game. I think it looks like a lot of fun. Plus, my group LOVES co-op games. Between that and the theme, this one will go straight to the table.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My group is kinda new to these games so i hope i picked something fitting (hell Scythe's artworks sold me on it instantly lol)

Can't wait to try them out

Those are two good games, but could be a little intimidating for your first foray into hobby games. I think with some effort they're both super learnable. Scythe looks super intimidating but once you understand how the turn goes it all fits together really well.

SegFault

Oct 25, 2017
Got two card games and won a real nice metal d20 at pax so far. Played The Thing which was a lot of fun.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my spell smashers. Can't wait to try it out

Also looks like my dice throne S2 shipped wooooo

I think my Dice Throne S2 will hit Monday. Boo! Anyway, I have Christmas parties all weekend, so I won't have the time to play it. Teotihuacan showed up, so that's next in the list anyway.

I dropped Everrain, for the same reason that others mentioned. I didn't back Reikbusters. I am not sure that it will go over that well with my group.

I have backed QE though..
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ith-unlimited-money?ref=checkout_rewards_page
It looks interesting enough and kinda needs backing as opposed to these giant minis games.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My group is kinda new to these games so i hope i picked something fitting (hell Scythe's artworks sold me on it instantly lol)

Can't wait to try them out

Scythe looks intimidating at first but is super easy and PROPERLY amazing.
My suggestion would be to have your group watch a how to play it video before you dive in so everyone knows what they're doing

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Got an email from Asmodee, if you pre order carcassone on switch you'll get expansion 1 for free.

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly new to the boardgaming world but the lack of concrete Release date Info on many Games irritate me. Pandemic FoR is supposed to release soon but noone knows when. Same with railroad ink (in Germany). Is that Common?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm fairly new to the boardgaming world but the lack of concrete Release date Info on many Games irritate me. Pandemic FoR is supposed to release soon but noone knows when. Same with railroad ink (in Germany). Is that Common?

Yeah, often games release at a convention and retail stores/amazon get then eventually.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017

Publishers are at the mercy of Chinese publishing combined with slow ocean shipping. They'll sometimes pay for expedited shipping for convention releases, like BassForever mentions. But generally? slowest, cheapest shipping possible, to keep the costs low.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally played Betrayal Legacy, and went through the Prologue. The haunts and rules read better for the most part, but it doesn't change much for the game itself. Game is also a lot darker than the original.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Watched some reviews for Just One and damn, this game looks like it'll be a huge hit once it's readily available.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
How was PAX East? I'm still bummed I couldn't go.

I don't know how PAX East was but PAX Unplugged was just okay this year. Last year was a bit better, especially in terms of newer stuff. This year felt like it was almost phoned in vs a mini origins like last years. The booths were not as exciting but the free-play section was much larger. They need to step it up and try to get some publishers to do something special for this instead of feeling like they are burnt out form all the other conventions.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My middle-school aged daughter's been keen to try the EXIT games as she loves escape rooms - any recommendations on best ones?

I've only played Secret Lab so far and that was pretty satisfying and fun. It seems like Abandoned Cabin is a good recommendation on the one to start with. And Pharoah's Tomb is supposed to be quite difficult so maybe that one later.

I haven't seen a ton of recommendations on the ones that have come out more recently, but people seem generally positive on them on BGG.

I generally liked the Exit game I played better than the Unlock game I played.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played Secret Lab so far and that was pretty satisfying and fun. It seems like Abandoned Cabin is a good recommendation on the one to start with. And Pharoah's Tomb is supposed to be quite difficult so maybe that one later.

I haven't seen a ton of recommendations on the ones that have come out more recently, but people seem generally positive on them on BGG.

I generally liked the Exit game I played better than the Unlock game I played.

That helps, ta!

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how PAX East was but PAX Unplugged was just okay this year. Last year was a bit better, especially in terms of newer stuff. This year felt like it was almost phoned in vs a mini origins like last years. The booths were not as exciting but the free-play section was much larger. They need to step it up and try to get some publishers to do something special for this instead of feeling like they are burnt out form all the other conventions.
Whoops - yes meant PAX Unplugged. Well hopefully it's better next year when I'm definitely not missing it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The blood rage digital kickstarter is up and has a few exclusive minis. Need a comparison of old ks exclusives to new to see what else is missing.

LunarKnite

Oct 27, 2017

Interesting, I had the opposite reaction. Last year was nice, but very subdued being the first PAX Unplugged. I think they managed the expo hall better this year around, and the huge area they gave freeplay as well as first look was a big improvement. If I'm going to be honest though, I'm largely there to check out the First Look area as PAXU and BGG.con are the only conventions after Essen, which gives normal consumers their likely only look at Essen releases until their US release sometime next year.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The blood rage digital kickstarter is up and has a few exclusive minis. Need a comparison of old ks exclusives to new to see what else is missing.

I was all up for backing this (I have retail Blood Rage and the expansions), but $60 is a high price and I think it'd be quite annoying to have the stag clan with a different token to all my other clans

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I was all up for backing this (I have retail Blood Rage and the expansions), but $60 is a high price and I think it'd be quite annoying to have the stag clan with a different token to all my other clans

I guess it works out for me since I don't own the 5th player expansion so it's easy for me to justify

$15 for digital game
$20 for 5th player
$25 for ks exclusive minis

Considering I almost spend a lot more then $60 a year ago i'm content with this purchase.

Only thing I'm still missing is the Healy promo but that is easy enough to fake not actually having.