• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
There's a BGG update from Jamey:

All fulfillment centers are shipping Champion orders first. I sent these fulfillment centers their original inventory weeks before the preorder began. They've only shipped Champion orders so far, but they ran out of the original inventory, and now we're air freighting more to them to make up for the difference between what they were originally sent and what they need. Because of our method of shipping so soon after the preorder period (unlike a Kickstarter, for which you need to wait 8-12 months, not 2-3 weeks like with our games), it means that I need to guess well in advance of the preorder. I'm sorry my guess wasn't more accurate.

I guess they ran out at some centers.
I wonder how they are shipping? By order number/first come or by location

Orders start at 33000. I was 33094 so maybe that helped me
I know the Australian fulfilment centre ran out of copies and are waiting on more. I received my copy on Monday though (Order #33367).

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of smash up in this category, great from 2-4 (best at 3), no player elimination, lots of fun take that without it getting egregious, and tons of content to make every play unique.

Star/Hero Realms are also great as a 2 player competitive deck builder. You can play 3-6 as well but it's best at 2. Same with summoner wars though that isn't a deck builder more a choose your deck (does 2 or 4 but is best at 2)

I own all three (not star, only hero realms) of those games. lmao.

I find Summoner Wars I'm at such a huge advantage because I know the decks, so teaching someone and then playing against them is just... unfair. I've never actually tried Smash Up or Hero Realms (... I know), but I've played Star Realms online and it seems neat. Will give those two a try and see if it's a hit, thanks!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I own all three (not star, only hero realms) of those games. lmao.

I find Summoner Wars I'm at such a huge advantage because I know the decks, so teaching someone and then playing against them is just... unfair. I've never actually tried Smash Up or Hero Realms (... I know), but I've played Star Realms online and it seems neat. Will give those two a try and see if it's a hit, thanks!

You should check out the dice tower's top 10 take that games and see if any of them catch your eye

The more recent video

Their original video

Oct 25, 2017
Got my shipping confirmation for my copy of Tapestry today.

Yes, I am a champion. It was a difference of 2 dollars. If I buy anything else from them directly I be ahead (not that that figures into my calculations...although shipping Champion orders sooner did enter into my calculations.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
7th Continent re-print/classic edition is now up on the Serious Poulp website.

Anyone ever had a chance to play this? Pretty tempted to give it a shot as I am primarily a solo gamer and know this is supposed to be good playing that way. I just don't know what the value is like with less of the cards/curses.

EDIT: Ordered it, willing to give it a go.

I ordered the Kickstarter edition with What Goes Up Must Come Down expansion when it went on sale on the website recently. TBH, I spent way too much on it. About US$150 all together which comes to about AU$230. I think the classic is around $60? I think there's plenty of game there in the retail version. You get one less curse (3 instead of 4) in the classic, but you'll probably be able to pick up some of the other smaller expansions anyway if you really like the game. I don't think the extra cards really matter, only if you replay the scenario, and standees instead of minis is perfectly functional. What Goes Up Must Come Down expansion does have another 4 curses though.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
7th Continent re-print/classic edition is now up on the Serious Poulp website.

Anyone ever had a chance to play this? Pretty tempted to give it a shot as I am primarily a solo gamer and know this is supposed to be good playing that way. I just don't know what the value is like with less of the cards/curses.

EDIT: Ordered it, willing to give it a go.

I have the kickstarter version so I can tell you what I think about that version.

But I love it. There is no other game with a greater sense of exploration for me. My favorite kind of video games tend to have a strong sense of exploration and 7th Continent was the first time I really felt like I was getting immersed in a world. Very fun whether you play solo, duo, or more. It's a lot of trial and error though, so you will die/restart many times. You should seriously think it over if that's a problem for you.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I have the kickstarter version so I can tell you what I think about that version.

But I love it. There is no other game with a greater sense of exploration for me. My favorite kind of video games tend to have a strong sense of exploration and 7th Continent was the first time I really felt like I was getting immersed in a world. Very fun whether you play solo, duo, or more. It's a lot of trial and error though, so you will die/restart many times. You should seriously think it over if that's a problem for you.

I had already read about the trial and error aspects and have no issues with it, love any sort of exploration so it sound great.

Thanks a lot both ^^ I think the price isn't bad given how hard it can be to pick up a copy of it and I am looking forward to it arriving at the end of the year / early 2020.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Really pretty pissed that Aeon's End New Age comes out today and I still haven't received my kickstarter copy. I've emailed support three times over the past month and they just send an email to the fulfillment center which has not responded whatsoever over the course of a month.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody aside from Grim has to post some of their hauls:

ufZYzEG.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Awkward Guests arrived. I think it'll be in my Oct pile. Gonna make a list of "spooky games" and since it's a murder I count it ha.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

ufZYzEG.jpg

How is Monolith Arena? Obviously you're buying an expansion, so you must like the base game.

VERY interested to hear your thoughts on both cartographer and Kings Dilemma

I really love Cartographers. It shot to the top of my Roland Wright list after a few plays. So much interesting decision making, and it feels very thematic.

Oct 25, 2017
How is Monolith Arena? Obviously you're buying an expansion, so you must like the base game.

I really love Cartographers. It shot to the top of my Roland Wright list after a few plays. So much interesting decision making, and it feels very thematic.

Nice. Price is right too. It's on my list.

P.s I can't stop calling them Roland Wright once I heard that on the dice tower podcast haha

Oct 26, 2017
So Vindication was pretty fun. Had a good time with it at 2 players and would definitely like to play it again at more players. There are some interesting decisions to be made during the game and there's so much we didn't even get to see yet. Person also taught me Welcome to... and Century Golem Edition. Both were fun games and moved a lot quicker. Century Golem looks fantastic and it moves incredibly fast, would love to see how it plays when combined with the other Century Golem game.

And today I solo played the introductory setup for Horrified and it was by far my favorite of this group of new games I played. Can't wait to jump back in and try the other monsters.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
It will be quite a while until I get King's Dilemma to the table but I am looking forward to it. It seems like a very unique experience. I think it has its flaws but it will be fun. I just have to sell it to my group a bit more.

Cartographers should be right up my alley. I love other solo games like Railroad Ink, Welcome To, etc. I also have some friends that like those types of games too so it will get some play.

Monolith Arena isn't played every week but we like it too. We played the 2nd edition Neuroshima Hex years ago, which it is based off. It was described as a knife fight in a phone booth. There's no room to hide and the conflict just ramps up. The Academics expansion was cheap and adds a fifth army to the game, which will help. The Lords of the Abyss seem to be the ones that we'll replace.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
So once I ripped the bandaid off, selling games I haven't played for a while (or ever) has been much easier. I've added a ton of games to my list, and since we really don't have a board game B/S/T thread like video games do in community, I'm just going to post my list here. PM me if you're interested in anything.

Man, Spy Club for $20 is tempting. I'd get it off the bat if I wasn't dealing with a big backlog already.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced by BlackList Games and coming to Kickstarter on November 5th:

b4c49e_1d6cafe2f0e743d58508ae2554daa09b~mv2_d_1556_2047_s_2.jpg

Blacklist Games is thrilled to announce Hour of Need, a cooperative game of superhero action for 1–4 players (or up to 6 players with available expansions). Designed by Adam and Brady Sadler, Hour of Need is the latest installment in their line of Modular Deck System (MDS) games. Set in an original world inspired by modern comic books, Hour of Need puts players in the roles of diverse heroes attempting to thwart dangerous villains from carrying out nefarious deeds!

Coming to Kickstarter on November 5th, Hour of Need features fast gameplay, highly-detailed miniatures, and a variety of modular fixed decks for heroes, villains, and issues, letting players create their own comic book stories in the MDS Comics world!
Looking forward to this! I have "all-in" Street Masters: Aftershock and Altar Quest pledges on the way and previously owned and played Brook City several times. Though unfortunately the theme didn't take with my group and I ultimately sold it last week.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
If anyone is interested in Monopoly Gamer Collector's Edition, it's on Clearance at Walmart.com for 14.99

I'm not sure what I was thinking here. I thought the collector's edition came with all the characters. I just wanted this game to have mario minis for other games. Blah. Imagine my disappointment when I opened it up. And god damn, Wario is selling for 20 bucks online. Boo.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

Looking forward to this! I have "all-in" Street Masters: Aftershock and Altar Quest pledges on the way and previously owned and played Brook City several times. Though unfortunately the theme didn't take with my group and I ultimately sold it last week.

Damn. Shame it's so soon. I have yet to play their games and I'm waiting on Altar Quest so I can try out their modular deck system myself. I went all in myself. All expacs and the neoprene bundle.

What did you think of Brook City?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Oh man. I'm glad I didn't do the Altar Quest pledge. I'll definitely do this. Street Masters is top-tier stuff for me. The MDS is quite good, and there aren't enough good superhero boards games.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Shame it's so soon. I have yet to play their games and I'm waiting on Altar Quest so I can try out their modular deck system myself. I went all in myself. All expacs and the neoprene bundle.

What did you think of Brook City?
I enjoyed Brook City but games ran quite long and the miniatures were disappointing, quality wise. The theme was fantastic; buddy cop films were a huge part of my childhood and it absolutely delivered on my expectations thematically. It just wasn't to my group's liking. On a ten point scale, I'd give it a 7.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017

I don't have a photo handy of my games, but August/September was a bit crazy.

I got

Formula D Singapore Track (I don't have Formula D yet.)
Azul
Ramen Fury
Vinhos Deluxe
First Martians
Arkham Horror Miskatonic Museum
This War of Mine

And Blossoms is in the mail.

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
I gave in and backed the German bundle of Everdell. It's my first Kickstarter too.

Shipping and taxes makes this very expensive. I'm in Essen this year and could possibly pick up a copy there. Can I still cancel my order after the campaign is done?

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Hi all, thanks to everyone who came up with suggestions for tabletop dungeon crawly type games. Much appreciated. I was Googling around late last night and saw a UK stockist was selling "Zombicide Green Horde" at a VERY reasonable price...so that's winging its way to this household :) Not quite the RPG style dungeon crawler I was thinking of at first but this looks like it may be the "gateway drug" I'm hoping it will be to get the kids hooked on chucking dice and demons around a board!
Will keep the thread updated. Thanks again.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I gave in and backed the German bundle of Everdell. It's my first Kickstarter too.

Shipping and taxes makes this very expensive. I'm in Essen this year and could possibly pick up a copy there. Can I still cancel my order after the campaign is done?

if you cancel before the campaign is over you get a full refund. If you cancel soon after the campaign is over you're gonna lose out some money due to Kickstarter taking their cut. Wait too long and you won't be able to I assume.

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany

I didn't do the math thoroughly, but from a quick glance at the cost for the newest expansions I think they are actually charging more in Essen then they do over the Kickstarter. So, I think a bit of wait might save you some money.
Either way you are in for a treat :) It's a really great and absolutely gorgeous looking game. So glad that they are offering 5-6 player support now, since that was the biggest hurdle for me to bring it to the table.

Fake edit: Was wondering how many here will be at Essen and if a community meet-up might be something people are interested in.

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
I think i did the math correctly and it should be +8€ via KS. That seems reasonable albeit a bit on the steep side for two games. Who knows how many copies they'll have in Essen. Plus I'll arrive late Thursday.. might just lay back and wait a few months. The art alone will be worth it :)

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I didn't do the math thoroughly, but from a quick glance at the cost for the newest expansions I think they are actually charging more in Essen then they do over the Kickstarter. So, I think a bit of wait might save you some money.
Either way you are in for a treat :) It's a really great and absolutely gorgeous looking game. So glad that they are offering 5-6 player support now, since that was the biggest hurdle for me to bring it to the table.

Fake edit: Was wondering how many here will be at Essen and if a community meet-up might be something people are interested in.

I wish it wasn't so expensive. It's a choice between Gùgōng: Pànjūn Deluxe Expansion or Everdell at their highest tiers that don't include retailers.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So apparently, there's currently a single misprint in Tapestry.

An icon is wrong on one of the tiles. It should be a black tower on a red hex (the conquer action), and instead it's only a big red hex:

tile-e1566237564937-225x300.jpg

It's not such a big deal since it's clear enough what it should be, but for those that are interested, I stumbled upon a very clever fix on Etsy. Somebody made a tiny piece of vinyl of the missing black tower to place on the tile.

il_1588xN.2001538236_bqwq.jpg

It's just a few bucks, so I purchased one. I thought about posting this here in case some of you are interested.

Last edited:

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, I'll be all in on that one too. Altar Quest, Aftershock, and now this. Brook City's theme wasn't my cup of tea either. Also, as a cool side note, I suggested the artist that did the cover for the game on a Twitter thread with Brady. I geeked out when I found out they used Eric. I saw his booth at Galaxy Con in Raleigh and thought he was great, so I gave his contact info to Brady when he asked, just assuming they would never pursue it, but they actually did.

Oct 25, 2017
About a month or so ago I picked up Carpe Diem from Ravensburger. I really like the game, but I hate some of the production choices for coloring that ended up in this game (I have similar complains with Castles of Burgundy). I realize I'm getting older, and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, but the structure tiles, there are two specific types that you need to separate from each other and you differentiate them by the color on the back of the tile. One set is green...the other is a slightly darker green. It's tough to tell them apart, especially if the lighting isn't great. I have an easy fix in that I can take a sharpie to the backs of the dark green tiles and put a better mark on them, but still...bad color choice, guys.

Castles of burgundy has a similar problem with its color choices for its tiles. Some of the tiles are different shades of green, and it's tough to differentiate them without taking a closer look.

That said I really like both games, just wishing some of the graphic design had been a bit better.

Oct 25, 2017
Tapestry is scheduled to arrive on the 25th! Woo :D

GrimGrinningGuy I missed your thoughts on it. What did you think when you played?

Loved it
A lot
I'm dying for my next hit. Hoping Saturday. Setup took longer than I thought. Components are fantastic . The paper they use is like the wingspan book so everything has a texture neat feel
Our game took 3 hours but that included setup and watching the 30 min watch it played video (highly recommended!)

I just loved it . Hopefully you do too! Let us know

Oct 25, 2017

An icon is wrong on one of the tiles. It should be a black tower on a red hex (the conquer action), and instead it's only a big red hex:

It's not such a big deal since it's clear enough what it should be, but for those that are interested, I stumbled upon a very clever fix on Etsy. Somebody made a tiny piece of vinyl of the missing black tower to place on the tile.

It's just a few bucks, so I purchased one. I thought about posting this here in case some of you are interested.

Crazy! Thanks I'm gonna Buy one. And most likely put it on crooked and make it even worse ha

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the heads up, I just grabbed one of these

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Loved it
A lot
I'm dying for my next hit. Hoping Saturday. Setup took longer than I thought. Components are fantastic . The paper they use is like the wingspan book so everything has a texture neat feel
Our game took 3 hours but that included setup and watching the 30 min watch it played video (highly recommended!)

I just loved it . Hopefully you do too! Let us know
What was the video you watched/recommend?