• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
My co2 hasn't shipped yet and getting concerned
Are you in the US? I forgot to finalized my pledge and did it afterward so I was surprised I didn't get push to the end of the line. Oh, I still waiting for Dark Souls Stretch goals which I already written off and Lords of Hellas stretch goals which who know when that will happen consider they just got paper stuffs printed and Chinese New Year will be here in a few weeks and they just got Tainted Grail and Nemesis going plus I saw they are planning next KS. I just write it off as sometimes this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you in the US? I forgot to finalized my pledge and did it afterward so I was surprised I didn't get push to the end of the line. Oh, I still waiting for Dark Souls Stretch goals which I already written off and Lords of Hellas stretch goals which who know when that will happen consider they just got paper stuffs printed and Chinese New Year will be here in a few weeks and they just got Tainted Grail and Nemesis going plus I saw they are planning next KS. I just write it off as sometimes this year.

Yeah I'm USA.
I just signed up for FedEx manager and it shows they created a shipping label for me on Thursday but hasn't been sent. hmmmm

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
My pending kickstarters are:
Aeon's End Legacy (Canada...)
Dungeon Alliance expansion + dungeon packs
Spirit Island expansion

FOMO is a serious temptation, but I force myself to get over it. I ask myself whether I would buy this game right now if it was retail. If yes, I back. There's too many good games out there to worry about whether to gamble on missing out on potential gems.
This is how I feel. Why worry about missing out on what most likely going to be crappy garbage that didn't get enough play testing. If it's good, they will run another KS anyway (see all the other KS games that are any good). There are so many good games out there more than I can ever played. Even with gaming all day for 3 days at convention this past weekend, I only got may be 10 games in and only 2 of those were from my collection.

I find Dungeon Alliance to be very disappointing. I sorry I bought it thinking may be it will be dungeon delve Mage Knight but it was mediocre. I didn't like Star Trek version of Mage Knight either. After repeated playing, I find Mage Knight to be a much better game even if it's more fiddly and can be obtuse with the combat rules.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
My co2 hasn't shipped yet and getting concerned

EU shipping has been really fun experience so far. Started in November, stopped in December, should have restarted early January but there's been no communication since early December. The word on the street is that they sold our Kickstarter copies at Essen and have been stalling/started production for remaining copies since then. Now is this true? Who knows, Giochix is not saying anything.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is how I feel. Why worry about missing out on what most likely going to be crappy garbage that didn't get enough play testing. If it's good, they will run another KS anyway (see all the other KS games that are any good).

This is the philosophy I'm trying to live by - I really let myself get carried away last year. Aim this year is to only get the real cream of the crop. Especially as I've totally run out of room to store games lol

BrokenMill

Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
My pending Kickstarters (I might end up being disappointed in some of these, but I also want to support smaller designers/publishers):
Monumental
Town Builder: Coevorden
Tidal Blades - Heroes of the Reef
Snitch
War for Indagar
Set a Watch
The Artemis Project
Bargain Quest
Tang Garden
Villagers
Zombicide: Invader
Heroes Welcome

And 200+ copies of my own Kickstarter game :D

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Outstanding boardgame Kickstarters

Nemesis (everything 2nd wave)
7th continent what goes up
Battlecon unleashed
Thunderstone quest barricks
Awkward guest
Blood rage digital
Hero realms journeys
Tiny epic mechs
One night ultimate superheroes
Terrors of london
Batman gotham city chronicles
Resident evil 2

Nov 27, 2017
California
Hey, first time posting here and we are cleaning out my basement for a move and we found a board game, Broadsides & Boarding parties from 1984 in a random storage box
Every piece is inside which boggles my mind, even the pamphlet for a survey to Milton Bradley
It's a cool looking pirate game and was considering keeping it but checking eBay prices D:
Does anyone here want it? Box is kinda beat up though. lol not for free of course.

And we found three other board games "Hotel" and "the omega virus" but they were missing the board and tons of pieces so straight to donation. Plus a monopoly set.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Only a handful of outstanding KS for me, but most are "big". My shelves are too full :(

Bargain Quest Expansion
Snowdonia Deluxe
Middara
Catacombs 3e.

Too many games... Too little time to play :(

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Kickstarters I'm waiting on

Empyreal: Spells & Steam
Escape Plan
Thunderstone Quest
Trickerion - Dahlgaard's Academy and Collectors Edition

Oct 25, 2017
EU shipping has been really fun experience so far. Started in November, stopped in December, should have restarted early January but there's been no communication since early December. The word on the street is that they sold our Kickstarter copies at Essen and have been stalling/started production for remaining copies since then. Now is this true? Who knows, Giochix is not saying anything.

Yikes. Looks like a shit show starting here too :

"We're currently awaiting some additional stock for the last couple hundred orders and a rush shipment from Giochix is on the way. We intend to ship the rest once it arrives. We apologize for the delay."

Who knows when I'll get mine

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
For kickstarted games I'm only waiting on Getaway Driver and Black Sonata. Both should be fairly soon into 2019, fingers crossed for no delays.

OP
OP
XShagrath

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
I have one pending KS, lol.
Escape Plan

Don't know how you guys do it.
Last year was a bad one for me, and my most active year on KS. The FOMO got me pretty good, and I'm gonna trim it down. Several of the games from 2018 were big hits to the wallet, and I really shouldn't be doing that too often.

2011: Carnival
2015: 7th Continent
2017: Networks: Executives, 7th Continent expansion, Monster Lands
2018: Tiny Epic Zombies, Getaway Driver, Snowdonia, Deep Madness, Reichbusters, Tainted Grail

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
That sound super shady. I wouldn't be surprise if that was the case. I back this last minute because it's Lacerda and know nothing of this Italian board game company.

edit: I went to BGG to read comments from people that got the game it appears that they skip out on linen finish card and board and the coins and tokens are not that great.

edit2: FedEx just delivered it. It appears that everything I ordered is in the box. I guess I should count myself as lucky reading comments on KS this is one poorly run project. Quartermaster Logistic said they didn't get enough copies and waiting for more so they have stop shipment.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pending KS:

• Nemesis (2nd Wave)
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Claustrophobia 1643
  • Hate
  • Project ELITE
  • Zombicide Invader
  • Lifeform
  • Heroes of Air Land & Sea
  • Batman: Gotham City Chronicles
  • Seize the Bean
  • Cthulhu: Death May Die
  • Things From the Flood (Tales From the Loop RPG sequel)
  • Chicago by Night (Vampire the Masquerade)
  • Deep Madness
  • Reavers of Midgard
  • Awkward Guests
  • Blood Rage Digital
  • Time of Legends: Joan of Arc
The only ones I intend to get into this year are TMNT, Alone, and Zombicide: Night of the Living Dead. However, even there I may cut a few with how many are pending and that more time will be devoted to D&D and Vampire 5e than board games.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
$125 does not get you stretch goals?! Nah, fuck that noise.

I haven't been involved in KS long, but I've never seen this much overall negativity for a larger and anticipated project. I remember attending the announcement of the City Fall campaign at Gen Con, and this is quite a bit different. Could have sworn there was intention to upgrade SOTP, and City Fall to be the new content for the campaign.

Not including stretch goals except in the all-in is a big brow raiser.

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been involved in KS long, but I've never seen this much overall for a larger and anticipated project. I remember attending the announcement of the City Fall campaign at Gen Con, and this is quite a bit different. Could have sworn there was intention to upgrade SOTP, and City Fall to be the new content for the campaign.

Not including stretch goals except in the all-in is a big brow raiser.

Correct, the original plan was for City Fall to be an expansion with a fully co-op mode. Then they announced they were ending Shadows and bringing out the two new games.

This campaign has a few red flags for me. The high prices and amount of minis, the high cost of stretch goals, using reviews for the previous game for this one, and no mention of scenarios. It's a shame, I'd been looking forward to the co-op gameplay of City Fall.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Other than expansions from old pledge where I already got the game ( kingdom death, 7th continent etc. ) I'm only waiting for UBOOT, Nemesis, BattleCON Unleashed..

And since people were talking about game app, I must say UBOOT is the game I'm the most eager to play specifically because app allow things that couldn't be done otherwise and that looked fun as fuck when TheBeastsOfWar played it.

jhawk6

Jan 7, 2018
Correct, the original plan was for City Fall to be an expansion with a fully co-op mode. Then they announced they were ending Shadows and bringing out the two new games.

This campaign has a few red flags for me. The high prices and amount of minis, the high cost of stretch goals, using reviews for the previous game for this one, and no mention of scenarios. It's a shame, I'd been looking forward to the co-op gameplay of City Fall.

I'm not super thrilled with the price either but unfortunately they've got me by the balls for a few reasons:

1.) I know the game is great. Owned Shadows of the Past and my game group loves it. When I caught wind of this Kickstarter way back I sold my Works edition to help fund this.

2.) They know exactly what they did when they divided up what's in these boxes. Even if I wanted to be economical and pick 1 base box, they have the turtles in one and Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder in the other!

3.) The stretch goals only being available for the all in is dubious but I see this changing before the campaign ends. There is precedent as the Power Rangers KS did the same mistake but did make stretch goals available for core box pledges after some pressure.

As it stands for me, as a TMNT fan, they only real option is the all-in. Also, they are already dropping hints of a classic pack that may feature characters from the 80's cartoon. Sheesh, my poor wallet :(

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
2.) They know exactly what they did when they divided up what's in these boxes. Even if I wanted to be economical and pick 1 base box, they have the turtles in one and Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder in the other!

This one did not strike me as that nefarious. In the past they've said there will be compatibility between old and new new games so my thinking was that if you just want City Fall to go with Shadows, you can get it without rebuying the turtles. That's what I was planning to do before the ridiculous pricing.

Hopefully you're right and they make some changes. Stretch goals for the base pledges would be good, as would the ability to just get the core boxes without the bundled add-ons. I could see those not getting stretch goals though if they're like $60-$80.

This is just a guess of mine, but something that does seem neat is that is looks like Raph can now choose to either share his three dice with the rest, or go the loner path with 6 like in Shadows.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Agreed to a trade on BGG and the guy has gone silent after I've shipped my side.
Really hope he's not fucking me over! I'm due to get Russian Railroads from the guy, which I've been wanting for a while!

jhawk6

Jan 7, 2018
This one did not strike me as that nefarious. In the past they've said there will be compatibility between old and new new games so my thinking was that if you just want City Fall to go with Shadows, you can get it without rebuying the turtles. That's what I was planning to do before the ridiculous pricing.

True, if you have SotP then just getting City Fall core would be alright and not miss too much content. Though there's still the new 16 new missions and Baxter Stockman/mega+mini mousers in CiC but probably not worth $125 to most.

Hopefully you're right and they make some changes. Stretch goals for the base pledges would be good, as would the ability to just get the core boxes without the bundled add-ons. I could see those not getting stretch goals though if they're like $60-$80.

I think this would be ideal especially to help build a bridge for SotP owners who are being burned the worst by this. I suppose waiting for retail is just as viable at that point though especially if they don't give stretch goals to core boxes ( which is a bad look imo)

jhawk6

Jan 7, 2018
Oh and a quick update from FFG on the new Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth game in reference to the free five player mats that they were including as a preorder bonus:

As of 11:30 AM Central Time on January 15, 2019, we are sold out of this exclusive pre-order bonus! However, you can still pre-order Journeys in Middle-earth at your local retailer or online through our website today!

Hopefully you hopped on the hype train before then :-P

Oct 28, 2017
Too late to post pending kickstarters?
Black Sonata
Snowdonia Deluxe
Dawn of the Zeds expansions
Sabotage
Bargain Quest
Escape Plan
Pax Pamir
Nemo's War expansions
Ragusa

Currently running kickstarters
Suburbia Collector's Edition

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
If anybody is still playing or has a group playing Star Wars Destiny and you want cards PM me.

This is only for members and it's free. It's cards from the first 2 sets that came out.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
In the last couple of weeks I've bought:

Black Orchestra
MoM2: Horrific Journeys
Gizmos
Kemet: Seth
Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies
Aeon's End
Pulsar 2849
Twilight Struggle
Game of Thrones: Mother of Dragons
Fury of Dracula 4E
7 Wonders: Duel
Treasure Island
Approaching Dawn: The Witching Hour

Whew.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hey, first time posting here and we are cleaning out my basement for a move and we found a board game, Broadsides & Boarding parties from 1984 in a random storage box
Every piece is inside which boggles my mind, even the pamphlet for a survey to Milton Bradley
It's a cool looking pirate game and was considering keeping it but checking eBay prices D:
Does anyone here want it? Box is kinda beat up though. lol not for free of course.

And we found three other board games "Hotel" and "the omega virus" but they were missing the board and tons of pieces so straight to donation. Plus a monopoly set.

I used to own it as a kid, it's fun but horribly dated. The ship combat part of the game never really works and you almost always end up doing the boarding parties part. Check out rum n bones 2nd tide for a vastly superior modern version.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
I just realised PAX South is coming up this weekend. Heading down on Sunday with my daughter. At SXSW, Bargain Quest was a huge hit with my daughter - something new to find at this show would be great too. I know there's a lot more indie focus at South - anything cool/fun boardgaming wise at it we should look out for?

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad that most board game kickstarters don't do much for me so I don't worry about missing out on anything. It sort of helps that most of the more popular campaigns are for the kind of games that I find issue with.

Note that this hasn't really cut down on the amount of money I've been spending on games. Here's what I got in the last few weeks:

Unconditional Surrender
Dungeon Petz
The Castles of Burgundy
Valley of the Kings: Afterlife
Colonial Twilight
Maiden's Quest
El Grande
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear
Yellow & Yangtze
Arboretum
Quartermaster General
Hell's Gate
Keyflower
Azul
No Retreat! The Russian Front

Outside of Quartermaster General and Azul, I'm probably still going to try to bring my older games to the table than these newer ones.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Pending Kickstarers (and projected time which I'll receive them):

Book It! The Wrestling Promoter Card Game (later this month)
Trogdor!! (June)
QE (July)

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
Considering a purchase of Concordia or Istanbul. But unsure which to pull the trigger on. What does this thread say about it? Would likely play 2p for the most part.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering a purchase of Concordia or Istanbul. But unsure which to pull the trigger on. What does this thread say about it? Would likely play 2p for the most part.

I own both and think they're okay; neither holds a candle to their respective designer's best work (Imperial and Goa).

Concordia is the more interesting of the two, though, especially at just 2P, where you can use a tighter map.

Musan

Oct 25, 2017
I would say get Concordia, but wait for the Concordia Venus whole game to come out in several weeks. It adds some new cards and a team play variant, and has 4 maps. If you want smaller maps, grab the Gallia/Corsica or Egypt/Crete maps afterwards.

Last edited:

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK

I own both and both require expansions to excel.

Concordia requires expansion maps to tighten the board for two players and Istanbul needs Mocha to break up people finding a route and running it endlessly.

Depends what you want though. Instanbul is a nice 45-60 minute filler which leads neatly in to larger games or is fine on it's own if you don't like anything too heavy. Concordia is great at all player counts but excels with more. It's not a heavier game but required a bit more brain power to get the most out of it. Both are excellent games and deserve a spot on anyones shelf but if I had a gun to my head I'd likely choose Concordia.