• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get an email or notification if a game you want pops up on the geek market at BGG?
1. Subscribe to the game.

2. Click the arrow next to the subscription button

3. Choose Edit Subscription

4. Make sure 'Product for Sale' is set to 'Yes'. Note: You may also want to edit the other subscription options so you're not flooded with notifications every time a thread, picture, video, etc is posted about the game.

5. Save

You should be set! There's also an eBay alert option too if you want to cast the net a bit wider.

Oct 25, 2017
1. Subscribe to the game.

2. Click the arrow next to the subscription button

3. Choose Edit Subscription

4. Make sure 'Product for Sale' is set to 'Yes'. Note: You may also want to edit the other subscription options so you're not flooded with notifications every time a thread, picture, video, etc is posted about the game.

5. Save

You should be set! There's also an eBay alert option too if you want to cast the net a bit wider.
Thank you so much!

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I believe there is supposed to be some kind of FFG livestream of a play session of Fallout Shelter tomorrow. I hope that they talk about when we can expect the release date to be. I noticed that it popped up as a pre-order at a site I've been ready to place a big order with, but I don't want to include it if it is Q3 or something like that.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I love Escape, but Queen's shown time & time again they don't know how to make an insert even in the deluxe version of their games.

It's unusable. Everything falls out if you don't store it flat, and even if it didn't, the way it's organized just isn't practical. Looks like I have another project ahead of me.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
Started a session of Clank! Legacy tonight with my normal gaming crew. We only had time to complete the first game, but it was a blast. It starts right out with the Legacy stuff. Excited to see where this leads.

Others who have played through it - What did you name your starting towns? We named ours Beer Bottom.

BrokenMill

Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
Started a session of Clank! Legacy tonight with my normal gaming crew. We only had time to complete the first game, but it was a blast. It starts right out with the Legacy stuff. Excited to see where this leads.

Others who have played through it - What did you name your starting towns? We named ours Beer Bottom.
Have fun! It's a fantastic experience with some very clever legacy elements (we're at game 8 I believe, so I haven't finished it yet)
The names of our towns became altered versions of the actual cities we live in.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ugh, more miniatures.

I'll be watching it but can someone who's more excited for this campaign clue me in on why it's so hyped? Just curious but an app and more miniatures isn't something I'd want more of which comes with the all in pledge.

I share your feelings. Whenever I see these games on Kickstarter, all I can do is roll my eyes. The price for the base game alone is enough to turn me away. For that money I can buy at least 3 big board games that I can probably get more often to the table than this thing.

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
I know I am in the minority here but there's too much phone integration for me to back it. It will do well though, so they don't need people like me.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, more miniatures.

I'll be watching it but can someone who's more excited for this campaign clue me in on why it's so hyped? Just curious but an app and more miniatures isn't something I'd want more of which comes with the all in pledge.
I mean, the initial hype was those working on it as well as nostalgia for a pretty cool gimmick that was sure to get an impressive turn around under these people.

As for the game as it plays, it seems like a very scalable co-op with a ton of variety. Watching the Dice Tower stream, it seems to have a nice storytelling aspect as you move from area to area and undergo quests. Good variable player powers. Seems like there's a lot going on, but in an engaging way rather than in a bad/convoluted way. The building miniatures have a gameplay purpose, and the hero minis have to be a bit large to discern them among the others and everything else on the board.

That said, it's quite a pricey game that will likely take a lot of space. Watch gameplay to see if it'll be a good fit, but if there's still any doubt just pass on it. As Xater said, you could get some other games more fitting for the price they're asking.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at $125 for now. Really prefer games to occupy a single box and I don't need a big box of grey minis. I will likely add-on the characters expansion though. Haven't decided on the upgraded tokens just yet but leaning towards not.

That's an issue I had with fireball Island. I went all in and all those extra boxes bother me a lot. I wish I could fit them in the base game box

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's an issue I had with fireball Island. I went all in and all those extra boxes bother me a lot. I wish I could fit them in the base game box
At least the boxes with this seem pretty uniform and likely sturdy, unlike the hodgepodge of iffy packaging we got with Fireball Island. But it is irritating that there's a lack of compilation boxes for these huge KSs, whether as an add on or after like with Scythe.
Though I can see this game maybe being a bit too large for that solution.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it won't be an issue in future playthroughs, but I feel like the tower really slows things down. Noises have you waiting to see if the App is going to alert you to a change. The rotation of the interior takes some time. Again, once you get used to it you'll know what to ignore and get the timing down, but first couple of playthroughs are going to drag a little.

The Kickstarter for Foundations of Rome has launched, I am -very- intrigued I must admit.

Next month or two is going to be full of hard budgeting choices. This, Dark Tower, and Oath look great. Some PMs are wrapping soon too like Everdell.

Oct 25, 2017
At least the boxes with this seem pretty uniform and likely sturdy, unlike the hodgepodge of iffy packaging we got with Fireball Island. But it is irritating that there's a lack of compilation boxes for these huge KSs, whether as an add on or after like with Scythe.
Though I can see this game maybe being a bit too large for that solution.
The fireball island boxes are a joke. I don't know how they got approved. I'm sure this game is too big for one big box like you say, but give us nice boxes that can stack at least! Hopefully they are. I figure I'll at least add on the cheaper alliance before the PM closes

The big box for dicethrone s2 is so nice..

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
I'm torn on the Dark Tower. It looks fun, but it is quite pricey. I wish I could see what other games are coming out on KS for sure over the next few months, so I can determine what to spend my money on. Decisions, decisions.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't realize this was the first KS from Arcane Wonders. They're a company I really enjoy seeing what they offer, but somehow keep passing them up. Pretty sure I've only played Onitama and Good Critters (also own Viral, but someone lost my manual).

How was Dragonscales for those who played it?

JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Foundations of Rome looks nuts. Problem is I hate backing these $100+ games and then they turn out only OK. For that much money, I need that game to be great. It's just the way KS are these days, I guess. Overproduced and mediocre in the end.

I will probably back Oath because they've shown me enough of the game to get a good idea how it will turn out and I really like the system that Cole has developed for it.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wallet is thankful I'm not interested in any of these. Foundations of Rome does seem to have a very pretty table presence, but I'm not spending 100+ and shipping for a family game.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Foundations of Rome looks like Cathedral on steroids. Plus I've liked most of Matsuuchi's games. Probably in for it, too. :E

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oath funded as soon as I got the email, wow. Not a big goal, but with how slow everything else was today with their hype, it's quite something.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
So, Oath is set in the same universe as Root? I've never played it, but am a little confused about what it is. Is Root a pen and paper game or component based? This new project looks pretty cool.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, Oath is set in the same universe as Root? I've never played it, but am a little confused about what it is. Is Root a pen and paper game or component based? This new project looks pretty cool.
Root is primarily a boardgame that is now on its second or third(?) expansion, but they had recently kick-started a pen and paper game companion.

Oath really looks great, and it's nice that it's a single pledge, no frills project that isn't breaking the bank that offers some nicer components if you back it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a bummer about Star Wars: Destiny. It's getting hard for me to have much confidence in anything FFG produces lately.

Though now that I think about it the only things I'm getting from them after the final Destiny set is Champions (and even then only certain characters) and the JiME expansion whenever that comes out. It's a far cry from how much of their products I used to get. They were my favorite company when I got into board games, it sucks to see how things have gone lately.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oath seems really cool, (and I want to support Kickstarters that are supporter friendly) but the more I sit on it, the less I think it'd get enough play to be worth it for me. I'm glad that it's out there for everyone else though!

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Oath seems really cool, (and I want to support Kickstarters that are supporter friendly) but the more I sit on it, the less I think it'd get enough play to be worth it for me. I'm glad that it's out there for everyone else though!

The chances of me playing Oath in the next 5 years are pretty low, but damn if Cole isn't one of the best designers besides the Splotter Bros. Root is a great game, and Pax Pamir 2e is brilliant. I'll buy them all.

Dec 1, 2017
I'm getting irritated at Paladin Sleeves. Ordered a bunch of sleeves on January 2nd from their website for the US store, and still haven't received any shipping notice or the sleeves. I've tried to contact them through their 'customer support' page twice since last Thursday and no response.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
What a bummer about Star Wars: Destiny. It's getting hard for me to have much confidence in anything FFG produces lately.

Though now that I think about it the only things I'm getting from them after the final Destiny set is Champions (and even then only certain characters) and the JiME expansion whenever that comes out. It's a far cry from how much of their products I used to get. They were my favorite company when I got into board games, it sucks to see how things have gone lately.

Writing was on the wall sets ago. My local scene was dead/dying already. Shame because I feel like the mechanics of it were solid. Will see about teaching the wife to play and playing casually, or bulk sell down the road... it's a storage hog.

Oct 28, 2017
100% in on Oath. Return to The Dark Tower looks just too expensive so I am passing. Foundations of Rome seems very close to both Lords of Vegas and Acquire. I own and enjoy both games and feel like Rome will scratch that same itch so passing for now.