• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

According to MB50's "Liquid Mud" Blog: "The SX130 was designed by the world-renowned Norwegian design firm Ulstein Design AS, incorporating its exclusive Ulstein X-BowTM. This design guarantees steady navigation and operations in adverse offshore environments, proving higher safety levels.

Looks like a weird bird or something to me

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand Kancolle and Azur Lane, how are those girls also boats

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Titanic.

Did Trump's dad build it? How did it sink by hitting ice? The conspiracy theory that it was a hit job to kill a bunch of smart people makes more sense to me

OP
OP
GodofWine

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But... the reasoning for the design is literally in your OP:

Still looks like a bird to me...

There were more boat pics in the ship thread that had nothing to do with boats than this one in 30 seconds...lets go...find some weird boats!
ALH-weird-boats-love-love-ever-sinking-boat-justin-werthier.jpg

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
The Graf Zeppelin.

1280px-Graf-Zeppelin-2.jpg

I love how the Graf Zeppelin was about the same displacement of the Essex class, yet somehow they only managed to fit around 1/3 of the air wing on board (or WOULD have if they ever managed to make the POS operational). It also had an uncorrectable list, which is not at all a problem for a floating airstrip.

The power of German engineering.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i don't understand razzle dazzle camo.

gdC2Z4l.png

but it's probably because i've never actually observed it in person.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
i don't understand razzle dazzle camo.

gdC2Z4l.png

but it's probably because i've never actually observed it in person.

It's supposed to make it harder to judge speed and direction, not actually camouflage the ship.

Consider seeing this way, way off in the distance:

jl0cyd7gnuay.jpg

That said I think it was revealed to be ineffective by a studies done during the war.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I don't get boats in general. You're telling me you just stick a giant piece of metal in water and it floats? Yeah ok.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand Kancolle and Azur Lane, how are those girls also boats
You will corrupt their thread again. =P

The Graf Zeppelin.

1280px-Graf-Zeppelin-2.jpg

I love how the Graf Zeppelin was about the same displacement of the Essex class, yet somehow they only managed to fit around 1/3 of the air wing on board (or WOULD have if they ever managed to make the POS operational). It also had an uncorrectable list, which is not at all a problem for a floating airstrip.

The power of German engineering.
You can always hit the engineering jackpot. =x

Some of the designs posted, wow. xD

I "understand" this boat, but I love that it has a Star Trek vibe. Awesome looking.

120521094448-solar-boat-unveiling-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

120521082926-solar-boat-sky-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
This looks amazing though. =O

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
So what are Flip ships actually...well....for?
It's a research/science vessel equipped with particular instruments used for ocean study.

Although it's not really a ship/boat as it's not self-propelled and has to be towed, but I thought it's cool enough to post as a mobile platform, it's a more practical than other conventional ways of deploying structures out on the ocean to study.