• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cPMJbvq.gif

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yeah! Love what they do with Game of Thrones. You know they are fantastic creatives when they illicit such divisive responses.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Will all of the "OMG! Game of Thrones sucks!" people cancel out all of the "OMG! Star Wars sucks!" people?

God, I hope so. Both are fucking insufferable.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Yes because everyone makes the same thing.
TFA having Ethan hunt save R2 Jennifer Garner whilst getting lost was amazing, how they managed all that whilst regarding Henry is amazing!

The weird thing about this is you had to choose JJ...and JJ pretty much did with Star Wars what he did with Star Trek... proving the other guys point. 😂

Oct 29, 2017
You know. I don't think I can even make bets about whether a show or movie will be good or not based on the writer alone after the two very solid episodes I watched of HBO's Chernobyl and learning the past filmography of the creator includes the Scary Movie sequels and the Hangover sequels.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
LOL wow. D&D got people asking for Rian back. What a time.

I mean, I imagine most of the people who'd rather see Rian's trilogy have, like me, been excited for it from the start. You get that a lot of people really like TLJ, right? There's massive arguments about it on this forum, like, twice weekly.

Anyways, as someone who's been checked out of Thrones for a while... Yea not digging this tbh. I hope they don't get to mess with KotOR, tho in truth, pretty much any KotOR movie adaptation's gonna probably be a bummer for me since I'm guessing they'll just ignore KotOR II and make the whole series about Revan.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'll see it with an open mind before I jump on the hate train. There's a lot of stuff they did in GoT that I liked (and a lot I didn't) but I'm always down for fresh takes on Star Wars.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Knight Rises is 100x worse than anything D&D have ever done and was way worse at sticking the landing than GOT has been. Or do we only judge D&D by the worst work and not Nolan?

Just like this last season of Thrones. TDKR was Nolan in a I dont care about this shit anymore mode.

Film is terrible. Maybe he should have just left it perfectly at TDK.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As long as there are people in the writing room keeping them from having a character completely drop all of their development for the shock value, then we might be okay?

If not...maybe Iger and Kennedy need to rethink their decision.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I don't like where Game of Thrones has ended up at all, but I don't have some sort of vendetta against them. I of course hope they do a great job, and I have all the faith in the world that Kennedy will make sure they won't get up to any fuckery

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
How about you all wait and see what it will be like, before passing judgment?

Oh wait, this is the wrong board for rational thought.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I hate the current state of Game of Thrones, I also hate the current state of Star Wars, and don't think they can do much to make it any worse than it currently is.

How about you all wait and see what it will be like, before passing judgment?

Oh wait, this is the wrong board for rational thought.
Then no discussion could possibly be had. All this news reads as is, "directors who completely fucked up Game of Thrones are now making Star Wars movies."

You're right, until we see it, we have no idea how it'll be. For now all we can do is speculate based on their history.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bruv the prequels exist.
I honestly believe the prequels brought us better shit than the current films.

Better music, and a whole lot of cool characters and just overall tech designs. Darth Maul, clone troopers, Droideka, Duel of the Fates...

The current films brought us a rehash of A New Hope, space Leia, and subverted expectations.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Knight Rises is 100x worse than anything D&D have ever done and was way worse at sticking the landing than GOT has been. Or do we only judge D&D by the worst work and not Nolan?

Nah. DKR was still a decent movie. Compared to some shit tier episodes that D&D have written, it's a masterpiece. Nothing Nolan has ever done was as bad as the last three seasons of GOT.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. DKR was still a decent movie. Compared to some shit tier episodes that D&D have written, it's a masterpiece. Nothing Nolan has ever done was as bad as the last three seasons of GOT.

I can agree with this. even the Anne Hathaway 'love' monologue is better than some of the atrocious lines in the latter seasons of GOT.

benioff and weiss have always been ass (aside from that fluke 25th Hour), its just they had a very solid foundation to work on with the GRRM Books. dude is slow as shit but an excellent writer.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones is waaaaay too popular to ever let this happen but man it would be awesome if they got a Book of Henry-style booting from the franchise a la Trevorrow.

That was another braindead decision by Lucasfilm which they thankfully rectified before going into production. Theres still hope....