• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
its just star wars. let them do it. its not like star wars requires some prestige to handle.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
How about you all wait and see what it will be like, before passing judgment?

Oh wait, this is the wrong board for rational thought.
These kinds of posts are the worst. We can only form opinions based on the information we are given. If the movie comes out and it's great, that's fantastic.

It's more irrational to not use your experiences and past opinions than it is to use them.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
You sure are on the defensive today, LOL.

Keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy ;-)

Edit: Wow, so many Greymon avatars, lol.

I'm not defensive. You made a post that was a lie.

When you got called out on it, you moved the goalposts and when you got called out on that, you became passive aggressive.

You don't have real opinions. You just troll Star Wars threads with nonsense.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
These kinds of posts are the worst. We can only form opinions based on the information we are given. If the movie comes out and it's great, that's fantastic.

It's more irrational to not use your experiences and past opinions than it is to use them.

Yes, because passing judgment before you have any other information about the movies is rational.

Rational is recognizing that things are not just black or white, and just because you aren't happy with the show you watched on Sunday, that all future work from these creators may not match that disappointment.

Has the word "premature" lost all meaning in this culture of instant outrage? Is it that hard to wait for more information before condemning? Is the world now "one strike and you are out"?

If only those who would judge be painted with the same brush they use.

But by all means, continue on. This place certainly promotes Star Wars trolling these days.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IF Book of Henry caused Trevorrow to lose Ep 9, the current season of GoT should get them kicked from this.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
That's not until five years from now right? I thought that was how long they were going to wait until starting the Star Wars machine back up.

Idk, those dudes seem the type of guys who got lucky they were able to adapt awesome source material. Once that ran out the stuff that came from them was pretty mediocre.
Hopefully they're still not doing that dumb Confederate tv show they were talking about a while back.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who they would get to direct

I'll do it. It'll be a two-hour movie about a retired bounty hunter and single mother on Coruscant trying to raise two children with a terrible job while trying desperately to keep herself from falling into old habits or taking new contracts so she doesn't put her family in danger.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they get whoever directs the stunning GoTs episodes, we might at least get something incredible to look at. Though, that wasn't enough to save Rogue One for me.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Lends more credence to the "they rushed GoT because they wanted to get their SW trilogy going" theory.

I can't believe these characters I loves for so long got destroyed because of some stupid star wars films. Fuck Star Wars.

Assuming they rushed the last season because of these bullshit star wars films.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Notable credits of both men not including GoT:

David Benioff:
Screenwriter for Troy
Writer for The Kite Runner, Brothers, Stay, and Wolverine Origins

D.B. Weiss
Writer for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Had scripts left in limbo or rejected for an I Am Legend prequel, Ender's Game and Halo movies
Wrote a novel about video games

I'm concerned. But will still support whatever SW stuff they make.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Oscar winning wrong people that wrote the best Spiderman movie ever made shortly after while all she got was a monumental loss.
Wrote and produced and wit was in production before/at the same time.
And Ron Howard is hardly Bret Ratner.
The guy has 2 Oscar's for Director and Picture.

The weird thing about this is you had to choose JJ...and JJ pretty much did with Star Wars what he did with Star Trek... proving the other guys point. 😂
It's the reverse, he turned Trek into wars with way worse writers

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
IF Book of Henry caused Trevorrow to lose Ep 9, the current season of GoT should get them kicked from this.
Book of Henry was a huge bomb. No one watched it. On the other hand...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ga...is-most-watched-in-series-history-1203214575/
The penultimate episode of "Game of Thrones," titled "The Bells," has posted the highest ratings in series history.

The episode was watched by 12.48 million viewers during its initial broadcast, which handily trumps the previous record of 12.07 million, held by the season 7 finale. Given the colossal numbers put up by "The Bells," an episode which divided opinion among fans and critics, one would expect that the series finale of the HBO behemoth will steal the viewership crown.

GoT is bigger than ever. There's no reason for Disney's accountants to be remotely worried.

I know people find it hard to accept, but while critic reaction for GoT has been going down steadily since season 7, viewership and actual interest in the series is rising higher and higher even at the end.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
they should get GRRm to write the scripts for the trilogy

before someone makes the obvouis joke

he finished scripts for the first 4 seasons of game of thrones on time

And he can tone down his writing for other franchises

ice dragon is a children's book

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
GRRM to write a Star Wars script, I'm in. the got writers? i'm good to skip whatever they end up with until it hits netflix and i can watch it at a friends house.

The way they appear to have failed to stick the landing on their last big responsibility should be a sign to the people at Disney over their newest big "get".

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm in my 50s, saw every SW movie on theatrical release, TLJ actually gave me hope for the franchise. Laughing at the alt-right boys complaining that Rian killed SW.

"Actually, the prequels didn't kill Star Wars, it was Rian...also fuck Captain Marvel the next movie will tank lol"

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been following the news but I now know that the future of the franchise is D&D and Rian Johnson. Welp.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
IMG-20190514-154614.jpg

Very accurate!

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in my 50s, saw every SW movie on theatrical release, TLJ actually gave me hope for the franchise. Laughing at the alt-right boys complaining that Rian killed SW.

"Actually, the prequels didn't kill Star Wars, it was Rian...also fuck Captain Marvel the next movie will tank lol"
Since you're in your 50s, I hope that you're wise enough to understand that not everyone that dislikes TLJ is part of the alt-right.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
No but the reasons they dislike it are either that or head cannon issues
That's bullshit. There's plenty of reasons people don't like it, and I say that as someone who thinks it's one of the best-written SW films.

It didn't. Trevorrow got kicked because they weren't happy with any of the multiple script drafts he turned in.