• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
58bec69c1500003716abda64.jpeg

This show has been through yet, with multiple parties trying to kill this show. Yet the likes of McFarlane, the schedules and not even football itself could kill it. Now it's back and is as good as ever. Will the Belchers finally get their burger joint the respect it deserves (probably not, but it will remain entertaining to watch).

It had just started on its 9th season with its 150th episode with none other than Tina gawking after a boy of course!

So I hope you continue to enjoy the secret best animated show of FOX this season.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm surprised we're just getting an OT now. I think the Fallen Place only ever had 1 Bob's Burgers OT for one season & it just kept getting recycled for subsequent ones.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's no secret Bob's Burgers is the best animated show on FOX. It's the best FOX show since King of the Hill and is only really bested by peak Simpsons.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the last thread:

I didn't much like the premiere. It just felt like a rehash of stuff we've seen before. Gene did have a couple funny lines though.

I kinda wish they would age the kids a couple years up. Seems like there's a lot they could do with high school aged Tina, Gene, and Louise.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
Ok all...I've seen like three random episodes and I liked it but never followed through. Are the first couple seasons worth watching or is it kind of like the Simpsons and family Guy where the first couple seasons are meh?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
As I said in the last thread:

I didn't much like the premiere. It just felt like a rehash of stuff we've seen before. Gene did have a couple funny lines though.

I kinda wish they would age the kids a couple years up. Seems like there's a lot they could do with high school aged Tina, Gene, and Louise.
I agree.

Tina likes a boy(s). Teddy asks Bob and family to do something uncomfortable for him. Health inspector almost ruins the business. We've seen this plot skeleton already before.

The music was fun though.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Ok all...I've seen like three random episodes and I liked it but never followed through. Are the first couple seasons worth watching or is it kind of like the Simpsons and family Guy where the first couple seasons are meh?
So (and I recently watched the first 4 seasons to fill in the blanks), the first season had Bob act a bit like Hank from King of the Hill as the show was still trying to gain an audience. But things start to get into familiar footing starting at season 2 and for the better. It's been consistently good from season 2 onwards.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
A little lackluster but Bob's Burgers is still consistently good. As long as they don't change the Belcher's too much I'll keep watching. We need more episodes with Regular Sized Rudy.

Perfect show to run in the background doing busywork.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
They hadn't quite nailed down the tone in the first season. Its a bit weirder and looser than subsequent ones. There's still some great stuff in there, though. Art Crawl is a great s1 ep. They pretty much had it figured out by season 2.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

The first few seasons are the 'good ones' to me, before they started making a lot of episodes about some very on the nose cute life lesson. I miss the dark humor aspect.

The newest episode has a few good one liners and the animation is the best it has ever been at least.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
As to the show now, I feel its hard to not feel rehashed after 150 episodes. I'm pretty behind, but it always delivers what I want out of Bobs Burger, no more no less, and that's fine with me.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was the first where I thought there was too much singing. I don't really mind the singing in other episodes.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Okay, is anyone else feeling weirded out that Bob's actually good singing? winging?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I liked that episode. The "Legend of Zelda Fitzgerald" arcade cabinet in the background got to me despite the fact that A.) the Zelda with the Legend is named after Zelda Fitzgerald, & B.) I'm 99% certain we've never had an arcade Zelda, nor a Zelda cameo in an arcade game, even.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

First of all whaaaaat, Family Guy's first three (maybe four, it's been a while since I watched them) seasons are so much better than everything that followed. Like an Empire Strikes Back to Clone Wars drop in quality.

But the Simpsons comparison is pretty apt. Both the first season of each is them finding their footing and who the characters really are and their roles in the show, and both from the second season onwards get comfortable and steady up. The first season is good, just like the first season of The Simpsons was; it's very much worth watching, but the quality and consistency definitely improves 2 onwards as they get a grasp on what the show should be like.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The main plot was pretty funny too, even though it's a classic tale of office culture.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Glad to see that my title is evergreen. It would have helped if Gene's friend was more established, but otherwise it was a good episode.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Great show! I just recently did a rewatch and it's incredible how strong this show has been from start to this day.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's been a while, it it's back. This episode is the classic three story from the kids episode.

Oct 27, 2017
That might be the single worst episode of the entire series for me.

I've never contemplated just bailing on an episode before but last night was close.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I loved it. It was cute and charming. Johnny Nottinghill is my favourite character.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It probably wouldn't have been so bad if this wasn't the sixth or seventh time we've gotten this same exact episode. Episodes where each of the kids tell their own version of a story are really worn out and boring by now.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That goose reminds me of that Asian guy Nick talks to in New Girl.

EDIT: Oh man. That analogy aged horribly.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That was an interesting episode. Didn't think I would see Gene's plight be associated with green algae.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Time for a new episode. And we're getting callbacks galore here.

EDIT: Raisen ice cream sounds terrible, but Rum Raisen at least seems interesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The true film of next year is upon us: the Bob's Burgers movie is slated for July of next year.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It was a pretty standard finale, though the Tina/Jimmy Jr. dynamic that episode was getting tiresome.

I'll see you guys next season.

OP
OP
Naijaboy

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's almost time for a new season:

Also, could anyone change the title to: Bob's Burgers S10 |OT| I see your 6 seasons and a movie and raise you TEN Sun 7:30-8:30c on FOX