• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
Unreal engine taking away coders job everywhere, they have their own engine and yet are still ditching it. It's also a good looking engine, though probably hard to port.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what type of gamemode is perfect for UE and Early Access (hence XB1/PC exclusivity). I wouldn't know any gamemode that uses those two things.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
I just don't see Bohemia taking ARMA to win store exclusivity. Making making a port of ARMA for X1 as console exclusive. But ARMA's bread and butter is the PC mdding and mapping community, which relies on Steam workshop.

Or they're making something completely different than ARMA.

Operation Flashpoint is owned by Codemasters so that is out of the question.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't they working on a space game for Xbox? Cannot remember for the life of me the name of it. They showed it at E3 years ago

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Is DayZ still something people want? It feels like the zombie survival game hit peak interest and died quickly because the attempts at it were bad, on top of zombie fandom in the mainstream on the decline.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only surface level acquainted with their stuff; Do they as a studio have a dedicated fanbase, or is it game-by-game?

Dedicated fanbase due to ArmA.

I don't play ArmA, I just now that the ArmA games have a dedicated fanbase. Lots to do with modding, DayZ, a big success for them (regardless of early access status) came from an ArmA mod.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What? Um. Okay.

BI is about the most PC-ass PC game company I can think of right now, but I'm all ears. Everything they make is very... simulation-like. I don't know man. Right now I'm thinking something where it's just a "console exclusive." It'd be neat to see something on the scale of DayZ and Arma made for the console audience though.

The Europe nuke makes me wonder if it's based on one of the endings of Arma 2.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Multiple BI devs talking about this being "xbox exclusive" on twitter

Yet, has anyone on the Xbox side acknowledged this at all? (like spencer retweeted the "paladins xbox switch crossplay" tweet)

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is DayZ still something people want? It feels like the zombie survival game hit peak interest and died quickly because the attempts at it were bad, on top of zombie fandom in the mainstream on the decline.
For me, yes. But I loved DayZ as a mod and still enjoyed the Standalone for a couple hundred hours. The new update that'll bring it into Beta finally will bring me back, as the experiences I had in that game have been some of the best multiplayer gaming I've ever had (Getting kidnapped and tortured only for my friends to follow behind and save me, giving new players some food and a weapon to help get them started, having an Australian guy refuse to tell us where his buddies are camped so he screams "ONLY GOD SHALL JUDGE ME, fuck, which button is it OH" and then shoots himself in the head.)

A polished DayZ will be my dream game.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're still working on their new engine with DayZ (and I assume Arma 4). It's the entire reason why DayZ is taking such a long time.
Yeah, the photos I've seen from DayZ .63 are really great.

9ThXktVoSrRP9OCA5OnE51iYPjCSlmpzrEunEL4KRA4.jpg

EoSkecXMEDquAHb2OtkytHb9Vrd_Q0x96vkQarpH9Jc.jpg

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of these settings that otherwise would be great in a narrative driven SP game will be ruined by an MMO online only game.
That's my concern to be honest. With STALKER 2 looking like potential vaporware there is a genuine gap in the market for a moody, hardcore post-nuclear FPS game. It doesn't have to be super "narrative focused". I just want to be be able to play the damn thing singleplayer as I peer at the screen through a gas mask. The world doesn't need yet another Battle Royale and/or multiplayer FPS game set in derelic Europe, okay?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Wait, I thought DayZ was announced at someone's conference a few years ago? I can't remember if it was Sony's or Microsoft's.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Got me interested. I think PUBG might have opened up casual players to the tactical shooter genre a bit on Xbox. Who knows if that's what it is, but the potential is there for something cool.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I thought DayZ was announced at someone's conference a few years ago? I can't remember if it was Sony's or Microsoft's.

Yes, it was announced for PS4 in 2014 at Sony's E3 conference, but not exclusive. Dean Hall also announced an exclusive project for MS called Ion in 2015 but it was cancelled.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Would love a new Operation Flashpoint.
God.. a new Flashpoint would be amazeballs.
I'm baffled by these comments. Bohemia lost the rights to the Operation Flashpoint brand to Codemasters a hell of a long time ago. The original Operation Flashpoint went on to be renamed Arma Cold War Assault, and every Arma game (starting with the original Armed Assault and then Arma 2 and 3) have essentially been sequels to Operation Flashpoint, which is obvious since they all share both the engine (in its different iterations) and the exact same gameplay. We have gotten exactly three new Operation Flashpoints plus a bunch of expansions. It's very likely that a fourth one is coming in the form of Arma 4, with their new engine currently being tested in DayZ as far as I know.