• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The creator of the show was recently on NPR and discussed is misgivings about casting Diane early in the shows production.

His explanation made me think that Diane will be around until the end of the show. It sounds like he actively has plans to grow her as a character from beyond what she currently is.

Romars2021

Nov 1, 2017
Man every season I think bojack has lost its touch, leaned too much into comedy, the show proves me wrong and drops the hammer.
Best netflix thing 5 seasons running got damn

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Man, I came into this thread to have a good time. I didn't expect to see this grim speculation for next season & I'm starting to feel this show's depressing.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like being drugged out really excuses what he did. He's done a lot of shitty things in this show, and has always sort of squeaked by. But this was nearly murder. Like I don't know how you can redeem a character like this.

i don't think bojack is going to get "redeemed", but it's never too late to become a better person than you've been, imo, which is really more what the show is about

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Did anyone else think Pickles was going to die when she said she would watch Philburt for Mr. Peanut Butter, "even if it kills me?" Or Princess Carolyn taking a picture of her credit card in the episode about her past? I can't help but feel these were both foreshadowing for something, albeit not as strongly as the
"Diane dies on the car ride back from dropping Bojack off at rehab, & Bojack's major arc after discharge is based around the fact that no one contacted him about it because they did not want to impact his D&A treatment"
Theory.

I don't know if I'm ready for that Theory to come true, but I'm already in this deep! So...

bojack-horseman-season-3-episode-4-taffy-factory.gif

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Fuckin' Bojack and the dementia story with his mother last season hit close to home and then that funeral episode this season, watched just a few days before I watched my grand mother pass away Tuesday morning... Fuck.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This may be my favorite season yet. I binged it all on a flight last week. Damn, it got dark. Loved it!

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I don't think this season was as good as 4. The dementia episode and underwater episodes are hard to beat.

I do like that there are long lasting consequences for the New Mexico thing, and Sarah Lin, and well everything.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Episode 11 is probably my favorite episode of the show, was so amazing in every way
When bojack says "What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out"
That was brilliant lmao

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What an outstanding season. It's amazing what this show does with Meta commentary and how it folds in itself. How they are basically telling the audience at one point: Bojack is not a character that is there to make you feel better about your own shitty behaviour!
It's all really introspective and while I don't know anything about the writers, I could imagine that they are putting themselves in there quite a lot and are telling from personal experience.
They alluded to Bojack becoming Philbert from episode one and dialed it up step by step with him not ever getting out of costume, suddenly having dark, brooding monologues etc.
The way Bojack seemed like himself in crucial moments talking to someone slightly distracted with their own live when he was really breaking apart and could hardly comprehend what was happening felt pretty true.
And the Henry Fondle arc was just amazing!

Best moment: "Please use 'I' sentences" - "Ayeayeaye, you ate my string chease!"

I was a tiny bit disappointed at the beginning, because it didn't really incorporate how the last one ended, but the way they brought stuff back and digged into everything they did before is simply outstanding. I'm really excited for the next season
but I hope we've reached the turning point where he gets better or destroys himself. This can't continue for another few seasons and Bojack has been deconstructed enough.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this season was so much better than Season 4!

The Eulogy episode was easily one of the best episodes of the series.

It's great for the show to finally be back to form after Season 3 and Season 4 largely disappointed me with the walking in place. This is the first time the series has really lifted itself (and Bojack's narrative in any meaningful way that's not absolutely redundant) since Season 2.

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished it. I wasn't feeling the first few episodes but it then picked up the pace.
The strangle scene was messed up because I don't think the show has ever shown violence in a non-slapstick way before.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Just finished it. I wasn't feeling the first few episodes but it then picked up the pace.
The strange scene was messed up because I don't think the show has ever shown violence in a non-slapstick way before.
I mean some of the parental abuse shown was pretty serious. But yeah, it sticks out.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
While it's great to have the whole show available at once, one thing I miss here in comparison to other shows is that we don't have our weekly discussions on each episode.

I mean some of the parental abuse shown was pretty serious. But yeah, it sticks out.

Can you remind me?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
For real though: what balls on the writers to shittalk honeydew and praise cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is the shitty middle child of fruit spreads. It's always there and just the worst.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Jesus episode 6 was one of the darkest thing ever! I was not ready for this shit!

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The quality of this show is just remarkable. Just watched episode 7 and I can't believe what a freakin' piece of art this show is...

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finished it. Finished it all.

Now what? man, what the fuck, wow what a fucking series.

That episode 6... God tier TV stuff, like it's up there in the top 10 of all time.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so

I just caught up with this thing in a week because I was feeling shitty about myself
so the last episode was very topical

anyways, this show was fucking incredible and I find the way they kept spinning everything, especially in seasons 3 and 5, soul-crushing in many ways.

glad to hear there'll be a season 6.

edit: I got the "they're framing this like diane dies" vibe as well at the end of s5 as well, but I think that'd be going down too far that road... This show's gotten outlandish only for comedy/criticism IMO, I feel killing off Diane would be out of character.

Wasn't expecting Mr. PB to cheat on Pickles though. Goddamn.

Last edited:

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
edit: I got the "they're framing this like diane dies" vibe as well at the end of s5 as well, but I think that'd be going down too far that road... This show's gotten outlandish only for comedy/criticism IMO, I feel killing off Diane would be out of character.

Wasn't expecting Mr. PB to cheat on Pickles though. Goddamn.
Would it be though? The show didn't shy away from killing kazzaz or Sarah , or bojack mom, i see no reason for saying that killing diana now would be "out of character", if anything it would be totally normal for this show to do something like that , although I don't think they will do it now anyway.

As for the last part about Mr.PB... I don't remember that? And I don't remember reading reactions of it, so it's weird

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would it be though? The show didn't shy away from killing kazzaz or Sarah , or bojack mom, i see no reason for saying that killing diana now would be "out of character", if anything it would be totally normal for this show to do something like that , although I don't think they will do it now anyway.

As for the last part about Mr.PB... I don't remember that? And I don't remember reading reactions of it, so it's weird
It's because the other things all had reasons and build-up; Herb already had cancer, Sarah Lynn was already neck-deep in substance abuse, and beatrice horseman was senile for years.

Diane just going plop on the way back from dropping BoJack off at rehab would run against the show's sincere and earnest tone with regards to serious stuff about its characters.

Also, Mr PB cheats on Pickles, he sleeps with Diane twice, it happens in the latter parts of Season 5 IIRC

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
It's because the other things all had reasons and build-up; Herb already had cancer, Sarah Lynn was already neck-deep in substance abuse, and beatrice horseman was senile for years.

Diane just going plop on the way back from dropping BoJack off at rehab would run against the show's sincere and earnest tone with regards to serious stuff about its characters.

Also, Mr PB cheats on Pickles, he sleeps with Diane twice, it happens in the latter parts of Season 5 IIRC

That does happen though...people do earnestly and sincerely just go 'plop' one day, rather it's an unfortunate accident, homicide, whatever it may be. And then people(or characters, in this case) have to deal with what they could have said, the last time they saw them, their own unguaranteeable mortality, etc..

Not necessarily throwing my hat in any particular ring, but if they went that route I think they could do it in a way that feels authentic to the show.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017

What conciliator said, accidents happen, in fact even herb died from an accident and not from his illness, making it so it happens to a main character who has relations to so many people in this show would make it powerful and impactful, and it's not like she didn't have some kind of closure in the 5th season already even if it is a sad one, going to Vietnam to find herself but fails , going to Mr PB one last time and wondering why they didn't last together, having a heartful discussion with bojack and even helping him one last time to treat himself for good and go to therapy , all kind of death flags that can lead to her death naturally.

Not that I believe it will happen necessarily, but it won't surprise me if they did and it would be a good angle to tackle in 6th season , and I trust this show to handle this matter sincerely.

And yeah forgot about diana thing, thought it was a 3rd character

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It's been a long time since the start of this season. I tried to watch the season in a long, long process, because waiting for new season of this show is too damn hard, and I think I did a good job.

I just watched the last episode. It's was one of the best season of the show, if not the best. Man I love everything about this show. I thought the wait for next season couldn't be more difficult when I saw the ending credits rolling on the screen, until I saw this theory about Diane:

"Diane might be dead because Princess Diana died in a car crash in the Pont de l'Alma road tunnel and at the end of this episode Diane drives into a tunnel."

It's going to happen. It just makes sense. I hate the writers of this show. This is both sad and genius at the same time.

And does anybody know the name of that paino song in the background of "Todd destroying the sex machine" scene? It's so good.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
When's s6 coming out
Probably around August-October like it normally does.
Though of course worth mentioning there's a few crevices with that.

For anyone out of the know-how who might peek at this thread, it is confirmed Season 6 is is the final season of Bojack and next week only the first half of the season airs (8 episodes). as the final season is a two-parter and three episodes longer than all the other seasons. The other 8 episodes will air next January and conclude the series.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it's only 8 episodes because I now fully hate the binge model and the fewer episodes the better šŸ˜¤

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
All right, who is making the OT for this one? Just a day away, I'm totally not ready. Reviews are already stellar, one of the best shows of all time, I will miss it dearly. Glad it's 16 episodes, a lot of closure coming (though maybe not for Bojack himself)