• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi folks! I recently had the chance to interview game director Dion Koster from Team Reptile, the folks that are developing Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. The game was announced last month and gathered a lot of hype thanks to the graphical style and gameplay that had a lot of resemblance to Jet Set Radio. What's more, composer Hideki Naganuma is even working together with the developer for the music in the game!

Anyway, my interview can be read on Gamer.nl, it's in Dutch though. But I've translated a few choice answers for you.

The most interesting thing is that, while the game previously was only confirmed for PC, its also coming to consoles! The full translation of the question and answer:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is planned for a release in 2021 on Steam. Are there any more details you can give - a precise releasedate of the possibility of the game coming to consoles?

Nope. I can tell you the game will definitely come to consoles. But if its going to be on PlayStation 7 remains to be seen!

So in short, they want to bring the game to consoles, but it can take a while. PS7 might be a bit of an exaggeration though ;)

I'll try to post a few more translated questions and answers in this topic during today! Meanwhile, enjoy the trailer once more.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Team Reptile is awesome. Lethal League is baller and I can't wait for this.

OP
OP
Moz La Punk

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Another translation, about Dion's inspiration for a Jet Set Radio-like game:

The game obviously has been inspired by Jet Set Radio, like many illustrations on your Instagram-page. Where does that passion for Sega's franchise and the skate, dance and graffity culture come from?

For me it started with skating and dancing. Especially when I started breaking, I really took an interest in hip hop culture. Soon I went to jams in Amsterdam and got engrossed by graffity, rap and dj-ing. Around that time Jet Set Radio Future for Xbox came out. The game did everything that I was already doing, but made it futuristic. It showed me how fantasy isn't just Tolkien: you can also make fantasy based on street culture.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so incredibly hyped for this. If SEGA won't give us what we want at least someone will!

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you hear this SEGA? it's the sound of a missed opportunity approaching.
This is pretty much the ringtone to all of Sega's phones at the moment.

What's that pc ports make money?
What do you mean people like it when we port games that were never made available anywhere else to modern consoles?
People enjoy our classic IPs?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
...wow, that looks fantastic, and the music in the teaser is funky as hell! Also, made by the people behind Lethal League? Come on, yeah!