• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
What a deal
Target
curbside pick up only

And comes with a special holiday box

GUEST_bf3e274c-20ba-40b6-91d1-8611fee54b18

Last edited:

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Shit what a bomb.

Really debating this. Don't think i need it as my series x is downstairs and I think I'm fine waiting for a xcloud app for lg tv's but all the emulation possibilities for this has me wanting to get it.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I love my Series S as a cheap Gamepass box while using a PS5 as my main console. I've gotten way more playtime/value out of it than I expected when buying it.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
That's a damn good price, great move by Microsoft if this is happening with other retailers. I got a Series X but if you haven't gotten an X or an S, go for this.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's amazing. If you have the Red Card, you get another 5% off on top of that. I have a Series X, but this should be very tempting for those that don't have either.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wish the BF bundle would've been the $250 Price plus the content from the Fortnite/Rocket League/Fall Guys Bundle.

$250 for just the system is just an ok deal (Has been cheaper used for a while now via refurbished). So Target at least offering the additional $50 gift card definitely adds to it.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Damn, really don't need it, but tempted to get as 2nd box for kids. Already have XSX, but essentially $200 for XSS is a steam (is this legal?).

Already have GamePass so could load the XSS with games and they can do their own thing without messing with the main Xbox.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Series S for gamepass and emulation has been an absolute beast when I got it for $250 earlier this year. Highly recommend anyone in the boat of needing a gamepass/emultor box to pick one up.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
FINALLY someone brought back the [BOMBA] tag 😎

Very spicy deal if you use your Red Card for 5% and even sweeter if you got that $40 off coupon for signing up for a new card!

manifest73

Oct 28, 2017
Great deal, I've been wanting to connect a RetroArch / Xbox backward compatible games box to my tv and this is the price where it becomes a no brainer to make the buying decision

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I got one as my backyard console. Put an Xscreen on it and play in the deck when the main TV is being hogged up or just to chill.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
They're trying to make where if you DON'T buy one it's because you are a "never xboxer" fan boy. Almost no reason to not get one.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Q - "Phil, will you be raising prices soon"

A - "Maybe but don't look at the Target gift card behind me"

gm-38d9f513-2846-44f7-af77-4a8d41657fbc-phil-spencer-xbox-shelf.jpg

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
They need to ensure that this deal is available in mainland Europe because its a fantastic way to grow market and mind share.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
$299.99 Canadian 🇨🇦

www.walmart.ca

Xbox Series S, Xbox Series S - Walmart.ca

Buy Xbox Series S, Xbox Series S from Walmart Canada. Shop for more Xbox Series X and Series S Consoles available online at Walmart.ca

Definitely wasn't lying about not raising console prices this holiday! This is insane. That converts to about $225 USD btw.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
How much does that cost in USD

Please see the second post of this thread for instructions 😁 Should be roughly $30 for 1 year of gold

www.resetera.com

Does the 3 year of Xbox Gold upgrade to Game Pass still work? (update: yes but now at 3:2 conversion) Microsoft

UPDATE JULY 2023 I've never had a gamepass subscription. Microsoft allows you to upgrade your Gold Subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. I remember that you used to be able to stack 3 years of Xbox Live gold and then do the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Game Pass for $180 (or cheaper)...

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
y'all should sell your computers and buy this

save the planet and save good taste

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Santa will be flying around with lots of those in his sleigh this Christmas. Insane value for a next gen system, especially this gen with low stock and forced bundles.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd love to get another S, but I wouldn't be able to use Game Pass on it. Wish they allowed it to be shared by all Xbox devices in the same house.

Basically I have a Series X, and my partner has a Series S with a GPU sub. By setting up the primary accounts right, we were able to have both consoles share the same Game Pass subscription. But afaik there's no way to add a third console to that setup.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Please see the second post of this thread for instructions 😁 Should be roughly $30 for 1 year of gold

www.resetera.com

Does the 3 year of Xbox Gold upgrade to Game Pass still work? (update: yes but now at 3:2 conversion) Microsoft

UPDATE JULY 2023 I've never had a gamepass subscription. Microsoft allows you to upgrade your Gold Subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. I remember that you used to be able to stack 3 years of Xbox Live gold and then do the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Game Pass for $180 (or cheaper)...

Check out Eneba and Gamivo for the prices, they fluctuate a bit over time.

Thanks!

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
As a person who primarily plays on PC, the Series S is a really nice piece of hardware and synergises quite nicely if you have a TV in the house - there are a couple of perks such as Quick Resume, Xbox/360 BC, being relatively small, quiet and power efficient, and Play Anywhere functionality with cross save is great to have.

miguelfcp

May 6, 2022
Portugal
Some of you may not know but last year at Portugal there was a big market (Media Markt) on anniversary sale sold Xbox Series S by 240€, which is even lower than 250$. Amazing price for a nice console! My regret was not buying at 240€ but at Christmas my wife offered me!

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you may not know but last year at Portugal there was a big market (Media Markt) on anniversary sale sold Xbox Series S by 240€, which is even lower than 250$. Amazing price for a nice console! My regret was not buying at 240€ but at Christmas my wife offered me!
Target is including a $50 gift with it though.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Pain. My One X just died and I used it almost exclusively for disc based games, and a replacement refurbished One X is more than this series S. I wish it had a disc drive :(

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Bit on this as I have GPU for three years and have been wanting a portable smaller console for side gaming.

dseed

Oct 27, 2017
What a deal. Just got one for my brother. I may use the gift card though.....lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wouldn't come to a game system for that, personally. I've only tried it a few times, but I felt the Series X's...wanting.
Well and i have a couple BC games I haven't converted yet. I do have a regular blu ray at this point so I am kinda still tempted for the sake of my digital collection(plus the perk of it being the one system with a Hidive app)