• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I made Andy's salmon using baby bok choy because for some reason my local supermarket didn't have Swiss chard. I did essentially the same exact thing (cooking the stem ahead of the leaves) and it came out amazing. It's kind of nuts how fast it comes together actually. I think next time I make it, assuming I can't find what I need, I'll try a blend of different greens.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
because i know one of you would want this

8lzj44C.gif
How I looked when a GameStop employee said Halo would come to PS3 back in the the day 😂

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I realize that Claire is a freelancer now and not technically a full-time member of the crew anymore, but I still can't help but feel disappointed every time there's a group discussion/challenge video and she isn't in it.
Apparently I watch this channel for Claire.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like making jelly beans should be a fairly simply process, since it's basically just sugar and flavoring....and it's 50 minutes long.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Claire was on Fallon last night

i saw Molly on the train last week. was looking around to see if other ppl recognized her, no one was being obvious about it if they did...

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
It's weird that the only time I like Jimmy Fallon is on food-related stuff. He was delightful on the episode of Top Chef that he guested on.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like making jelly beans should be a fairly simply process, since it's basically just sugar and flavoring....and it's 50 minutes long.

Soft sugar candies like a jelly bean are fucking hard to do in a kitchen setting. As seen in every previous soft sugar candy episode. Through in a different hardness coating and WOOF.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Soft sugar candies like a jelly bean are fucking hard to do in a kitchen setting. As seen in every previous soft sugar candy episode. Through in a different hardness coating and WOOF.

Yeah, I guess I thought it was just a matter of cooking the sugar to the right temperature. I'm watching her make cornstarch molds, and I'm going "oh yeah, I forgot about the molds."

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess I thought it was just a matter of cooking the sugar to the right temperature.

It mostly is if you are doing something that fits into the classic sugar candy hardness ramp, but something like a jelly bean (and most of these commercial candies she's done and had trouble with) has a texture that you don't get from just that process.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It mostly is if you are doing something that fits into the classic sugar candy hardness ramp, but something like a jelly bean (and most of these commercial candies she's done and had trouble with) has a texture that you don't get from just that process.

Ah, okay. I guess i just assumed jelly beans were cooked to the hard ball stage. Shows how much sugar based candy I make (none at all)

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
"Rick. I need you within a 20 foot radius at all times."
"Okay."
*cut to next shot of Rick on the other side of the test kitchen*

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it controversial to say that jellybeans are completely overrated and are, at best, mediocre? Jelly Bellies are super expensive here, too. Probably because they're a US import.

Anyway that felt like Claire brought to her lowest point in one of these yet. Poor Claire. Rick is a champ tho.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
jelly beans fucking suck and yeah jelly bellies are expensive

which makes sense because look at all this dumb processing that goes into it

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Jelly Bellies and Starburst Jellybeans are the only good jellybeans. "Regular" jellybeans are bottom of the barrel candy.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Haven't seen it yet, but it sounds rough. It's bound to happen, the last couple of Gourmet Makes have been pretty easy (and enjoyable) for Claire.

Status
Not open for further replies.