• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I kinda agree that Claire should call a lifeline when she feels like she's had enough.

Also, Combos would be a great Gourmet Makes episode.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Never considered bechamel for lasagna. Now I know.

Bad Boys 4 Life! Not sure which is Will Smith and which is Martin Lawrence, though.

Oct 27, 2017
because i know one of you would want this

8lzj44C.gif

I couldn't stop laughing hahaha

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Farideh is really fun. She's even funner to watch when she goes through like a whole bottle of wine during shooting.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I watched it with my friend last night and that Mentos episode was one for the record books. What a disastrous undertaking.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I only ever knew lasagne with bechamel growing up. Not a fan of ricotta in general, so I'm happily sticking with it! Have a lasagne in the oven now actually, but not a fancy one.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more comfortable with the schadenfreude episodes than most, but it was really nice having what was effectively a Claire victory lap after the torture that was Jelly Bellies.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible episode. Claire didn't struggle at all! /s

Anytime I go to one of those cold slab/creamery places (which I call slabberies), I get coffee ice cream with pistachios folded in. So, I was yelling at my screen when Claire was asking for suggestions for flavors. I was disappointed, but I still have that flavor all to myself. And, yes, that BA ice cream art is amazing.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I want an entire Claire ice cream franchise.

Can't deal with the BA chefs not liking double brownie but if Claire made my favorites then i'd buy it

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
ben and jerrys is too sweet and something like phish food is definitely too much in theory but damn i have always loved their ice cream since i was a tiny child

also i have been to the factory four times because eh, you live in vermont what are ya gonna do

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I have such an opposite ice cream taste to Claire. I don't want no coffee or pistachio nonsense. Gimme chocolate with all kinds of chunks of cookies and candy and peanut butter explosions.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
What?

I don't understand. Isn't Ben and Jerry's just ICE CREAM? Why is this a Gourmet Makes? I'm really confused.

(that said I will allow it because MINT-FUCKING-CHIP, CLAIRE)

Also it's almost like BA knew people would riot after Jelly Belly nearly destroyed Claire and had this ready to go to mollify the crowds.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
What?

I don't understand. Isn't Ben and Jerry's just ICE CREAM? Why is this a Gourmet Makes? I'm really confused.

(that said I will allow it because MINT-FUCKING-CHIP, CLAIRE)

Also it's almost like BA knew people would riot after Jelly Belly nearly destroyed Claire and had this ready to go to mollify the crowds.
If you haven't had homemade ice cream I can see how this would be hard to understand, but it's basically on another level entirely. It also takes a fair amount of know-how when it comes to distilling the flavors you want and getting it right early on. That's the gourmet part, really.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't had homemade ice cream I can see how this would be hard to understand, but it's basically on another level entirely. It also takes a fair amount of know-how when it comes to distilling the flavors you want and getting it right early on. That's the gourmet part, really.

The issue might actually be that I haven't had Ben and Jerry's recently. I've been getting into homemade ice cream over the past few years and even bought a standalone(-ish) machine to replace the stand mixer freezer bowl I was using before. It was harder to keep the bowl cold long enough and the stand mixer introduces a lot of air for a fluffier ice cream that doesn't feel particularly gourmet (though it's nice in its own way). But it's winter so I haven't tried the new ice cream mixer yet.

I just assumed Ben & Jerry's would just be higher fat and/or less air to make a denser ice cream. But hey, maybe this is why I don't get to decide on Gourmet Makes subjects!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Of course the ice cream machines play ice cream truck tunes. Of course.

Now if you'll excuse me, I shall be heading to the freezer and grabbing some vanilla bean Haagen Dazs.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
This episode was fantastic. Everyone was so happy at the end. Now I really want some ice cream.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Somewhat tangential but:

Is there a "correct" way to soften a pint of ice cream to optimal consistency? This feels like the kind of thing some overly aggressive professional chef weighed in on that everyone lost their minds over in a way that I can benefit from.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i just think it achieves optimal consistency when you have it out of the fridge for 5-10 minutes

i experience this in real time because i just eat out of the pint

Status
Not open for further replies.