• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
11 bucks for half a grapefruit? fuck off. and that's American dollars too...
I always like these try everything videos, but I could never actually afford to go to any of these places...
I live in the Midwest with two children under five, you would be astonished how much a side of fruit costs at any restaurant.

At least in this case the presentation is novel they have to hand segment the Supremes and present them in the bowl made from the grapefruit peel,Which is a fair amount of work. Though I don't think I'll be ordering it if I'm in NYC.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
11 bucks for half a grapefruit? fuck off. and that's American dollars too...
I always like these try everything videos, but I could never actually afford to go to any of these places...

It is quite a lot but fruit in restaurants is generally expensive as it spoils so quickly. It's a high-risk product to have in the kitchen as the turnaround has to be quick for it to keep its quality.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Really what they need to do next is meme foods. Babish and Matheson have done it.

I can already predict what they're going to say, I just want Brad's reaction.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
eqJqABD.gif

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
good article! it hits on exactly the thing a bunch of other outlets are going to do, too; over-thought and over-produced attempts to create the same thing.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loving Chris's "healthy" sandwich.
Ingredients:
-Loads of Salt
-Piles of butter
-A full block of cheese

Oct 25, 2017
Ingredients:
-Loads of Salt
-Piles of butter
-A full block of cheese

FWIW 1tbsp butter for 4 eggs really isn't that all that much, and it was like a 1/3rd of the block of cheese.

Only real issue I have with the recipe is the 30 minute onion roast, sorta kills the immediacy of how I'd want to make a think like that.

Also I need to get on that herb garden im planning...

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ingredients:
-Loads of Salt
-Piles of butter
-A full block of cheese
Was going to post the exact same thing. Soy sauce too. In the search for something green and healthy we have hot sauce. I guess the bread is whole grain cardboard, so that helps make it healthy-ish like they say.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me if it's true or not that the Butterfinger recipe was changed in recent years and they no longer get so impacted/stuck in your teeth? Think I remember hearing something about that. maybe they even talk about it in the video, guess I should watch that first

Status
Not open for further replies.