• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
That video did get a bit boujee towards the end. Like, it totally depends on the proportions.

Also, the cinnamon bun slander was outrageous.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the guy who runs a fermentation show, always recommend organic products, and also a huge proponent of wild sourced instead of factory farmed? :P
Tbf Brads last 'From the Test Kitchen' video was Steak "in" Eggs that Rapoport called a hot pocket lol. I'm not implying that this trained chef that works at a New York media company just walked off the street and got a job but his kitchen persona is very much in contrast to everyone else's type A personalities. Thought he'd be a little less rigid on the definitions.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel like I don't know what a meal is anymore. Like, I kind of get that a hot dog isn't a meal, but isn't it pretty much the same size as a hamburger? Are hamburgers no longer a meal? My brain hurts.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
I honestly feel like I don't know what a meal is anymore. Like, I kind of get that a hot dog isn't a meal, but isn't it pretty much the same size as a hamburger? Are hamburgers no longer a meal? My brain hurts.
I think part of it is that they're in the heart of NYC, where a hot dog is definitively a street food they see every day on their way to work rather than a cheap meal for a night in like it is for a lot of the country.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's all about portion size. A single hot dog isn't really a meal anywhere you go (even a Chicago dog), a hamburger on the other hand varies in size. A better argument can be made for a hamburger than a hot dog.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
It's all about portion size. A single hot dog isn't really a meal anywhere you go (even a Chicago dog), a hamburger on the other hand varies in size. A better argument can be made for a hamburger than a hot dog.

Yeah, I'd agree that it's easier to make a case for hamburgers because they differ so much in size, and I guess a lot of hot dog-esque things would technically be sausage and maybe don't count?

But it all goes out the window if nachos have to be a snack, because man, you get those big nacho plates with meat on them and they're way bigger than any hot dog or hamburger.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
sohla is my favorite now

oh god she just called a hot dog a sandwich

Good to know she's at least true neutral!

gs6sLDm.jpg

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
But it all goes out the window if nachos have to be a snack, because man, you get those big nacho plates with meat on them and they're way bigger than any hot dog or hamburger.

I guess you could argue those are still a snack, just one that is meant shared by multiple people.

But yeah, snack vs. meal is almost entirely about portion size and not type of food. If you eat enough nachos to ruin your appetite for your next meal, then that was a meal. It was just a bad one.

Oct 25, 2017
If I Nacho I Super Nacho, and those portions are like 2 meals.

Though if I am gonna Super Nacho, then I'll probably end up with Super Fries.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

As an aside, I wonder if their posting schedule will slow down because of Thanksgiving.

EDIT: Finished watching, this is very cute but also holy shit Carla

not making things easier by throwing in a NAPKIN ORIGAMI LESSON

Last edited:

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
no one who says quesadillas means a single piece of it and how is something with carbs, meat, cheese and usually veggies not a meal

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
"who eats an entire cinnamon bun?" is a clinically insane statement. I'll leave it at that
You mean the guy who runs a fermentation show, always recommend organic products, and also a huge proponent of wild sourced instead of factory farmed? :P
He's also the one who consistently talks about how good snack and junk food is on gourmet makes, especially in the early days when everyone else in the kitchen was acting more boujee and above it all.

It's hard to peg some of them down since they all like to make broad food declarations pretty often

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Carla might be my least favorite of the bunch. The series would be more entertaining with someone else. She's too calm, serious, and motherly lol (which could make her a better teacher than the others).

Idk. I'd like to someone else there interact with a celebrity.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carla might be my least favorite of the bunch. The series would be more entertaining with someone else. She's too calm, serious, and motherly lol (which could make her a better teacher than the others).

This is slander and I will not tolerate it. Carla is Claire-tier. Fite me. FITE ME!

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone making any of the BA thanksgiving recipes this year? We're making the corn nuts stuffing.

I was going to make the pie but someone else volunteered. I did make the Molly Baz honey glazed Brussels sprouts that was mentioned in that one episode but they came out soggy because I couldn't get the glaze to thicken. I may still make it anyway and have the glaze added immediately before serving.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

While I think it would be funny to watch Brad try to teach a celebrity to cook things, I also kind of imagine Brad would be very bad at making them feel comfortable enough to actually perform well under pressure.

I imagine any celebrity guest they could get would kill Chris Morocco with an axe before finishing anything. Chris has that wonderful ability to damn with faint praise that I feel like most celebrities' egos would not be able to take.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Vegans, but still love watching them cook. We're modifying recipes/taking inspiration from the crashed potatoes, the stuffing, and the pie. Also I think we're making Molly's Brussels sprouts that Claire and Christina made en route to their final recipe.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
Anyone making any of the BA thanksgiving recipes this year? We're making the corn nuts stuffing.
I made the brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes this week.

I used rosemary sprigs (had them on hand) instead of thyme for the potatoes and skipped the crispity crunchities, but it was divine. For the brussel sprouts, I used ginger syrup rather than date molasses.

Both were winners, even with the changes. I do want to try another go at them exactly as written.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
as someone who doesnt eat much meat anymore it does feel sort of crazy when i watch them obliterate so much steak, chicken, turkeys, lobsters etc on their features

i know its not that weird but it just is so far removed from how i cook now

Status
Not open for further replies.