• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Krispy Kream is how the Gourmet Makes series should go, only so many prepackaged foods you can remake, gotta go for fast food and other things.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I'm angry.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE CHIVE G-STRING ISN'T FOR THE INTERNET CHRISTINA

I'm kidding Christina, keep your secrets

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
How dare Christina tease us like she did at the end of the Krispy Kreme video. I want to see it!

Well here you go.

butt-ernut.jpg

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really mind it but I have noticed a more 'fuck it, who cares' attitude when it comes to perfecting these types of challenges recently, and not just from Claire either.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Making a gourmet doughnut kind of strikes me as pointless. Any homemade doughnut is bound to be better than a krispy kreme doughnut. I can't believe it's a 40 minute long video, it should just be "make a doughnut, put icing on it, declare victory"

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Making a gourmet doughnut kind of strikes me as pointless. Any homemade doughnut is bound to be better than a krispy kreme doughnut. I can't believe it's a 40 minute long video, it should just be "make a doughnut, put icing on it, declare victory"
She talks about the issues that homemade donuts have when trying to achieve the same texture as krispy kreme (overproofing, excess oil absorption, etc), and the video was her trying to zero in on that texture without the drawbacks. She did make good donuts on the first try.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
She talks about the issues that homemade donuts have when trying to achieve the same texture as krispy kreme (overproofing, excess oil absorption, etc), and the video was her trying to zero in on that texture without the drawbacks. She did make good donuts on the first try.

I guess. I was just surprised it took as long as something like pringles.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
This was actually a good episode.

It helps that he's legitimately trying to follow her directions instead of just goofing off like in most of Keep Up episodes. He's constantly asking her questions to make sure he gets the right ingredients and measurements. It makes it a lot more entertaining than someone who obviously going to end up with a mess because they don't care to follow along.

Oct 25, 2017
Well our turkey just went in the oven. I really tried to convince the family to go with the dry brine/roast in parts method, but they weren't having it. We've got 80yo cantankerous great grandparents who love their traditions so it'll be another whole turkey to carve. The family recipe is reasonably good but a pain in the butt - in addition to a 24 hour buttermilk brine I have to make a seasoned butter and put a layer of it between the skin and the breast meat before putting it in the oven. Oh well. Maybe next year I'll convince them to do something easier.

What are American BA fans doing for thanksgiving this year?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are American BA fans doing for thanksgiving this year?

18 hour dry brine on a spatchcocked turkey. I thought about doing BA's perfect turkey, but I thought a spatchcock might be easier and the comments said BA's glaze was too salty. (Although I wonder if those commentors didn't use low-sodium soy sauce.)

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I made the Making Perfect turkey and gravy for my family Thanksgiving today. They were both the best versions of those foods I have ever had. The gravy especially was a revelation.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Made the making perfect thanksgiving Potatoes for our family get together. They were really good, but don't think I'd usually want them in a regular sort of meal. They're just sort of strong in a way that I don't really like my mashed potatoes to be. They're usually just the filler or compliment to food where these are pretty overbearing. They were really good though.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I made the Making Perfect turkey and gravy for my family Thanksgiving today.

I made the turkey recipe as well. Turned out great.

Gravy, I sort of went my own way—while I decided to roast the turkey in the oven this year, my wife really loved the gravy I would make from a smoked turkey. So I threw the turkey back, neck, and other trimmings into the smoker, then made stock from those bits, then made a basic roux-thickened gravy using that, the left over spice mix from the turkey, and some other herbs. I did take a cue from their recipe and add a big pinch of MSG, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.