• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
If you're willing to consider a different specific style of pizza, this other Bon Appétit recipe for a Grandma-style pizza is simpler, and good, and honestly probably better suited to the average home oven than what they're trying to do in Making Perfect.

Preach. I like making my grandma pie with extra spicy sauce and large pepperoni to give it more of a bite. Killer leftovers too. Probably my third favorite type of pizza behind neapolitan and detroit.

Some youtube comment on one of their videos talked about one of the chefs being drunk at a bar and telling them that Alex Delaney turned into much more of an asshole when his videos started getting tons of views. It's a youtube comment so I put zero stock in it. But I can totally see that happening.

DELANEY! *shakes fist*

She had to try something interesting. Raindrop cakes are like the most boring food ever devised

Ate at an incredibly expensive and fancy Japanese restaurant and the meal ended with the raindrop cake. It was pretty disappointing and boing, but novel.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The act of double dipping a chip (and therefore transferring microbesfrom one's mouth into the dip on the second pass) is the equivalent of putting all of the dip directly into one's mouth. The myth was inspired by the Seinfeldepisode "The Implant".
Who actually thinks this though? If I can help it, I don't want to eat something that someone else got their spit on.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
And now it's creepy.

it's a joke. i'd eat all the double dipped dips if i worked in that kitchen 😊

here's that pizza dough recipe again from the source:

OC7IuMd.jpg

you can half it if you only want a pound of dough.

the sauce recipe is
1 can whole peeled tomato, drained with juice reserved
1 Tbsp evoo
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

process/blend tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper until smooth, ~30 sec.
transfer to measuring cup & add reserved tomato juice until you reach 2 cups.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have spent the last week or so watching this channel and it is good stuff. Being personality forward, it is a bit of a better picture of working in a commercial kitchen where people's personalities get you through each shift. Sorta like the Kitchen Confidential subreddit, it has more of a 'kitchen worker' vibe than the vast, vast majority of cooking shows either online or on TV. And I appreciate that!

Despite how it looks, I cooked up Brad's "Steak in Eggs" tonight but with charred onions and grated cheddar and it is a pretty fucking tasty dish.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Who actually thinks this though? If I can help it, I don't want to eat something that someone else got their spit on.

Come now, quote the results not the myth.

Busted - Examining the results, the MythBusters found that double dipping produced less microbes than putting all the dip in a person's mouth. Also, the amount of microbes present was negligible compared to the amount found in regular dip.

If the chips are huge, I'm totally double dipping at a Mexican restaurant.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i just got chills from the thought of having to taste and re-taste warheads, the chemical punishment candy.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Classic episode. Claire's confidence vacillating but mostly confident, her moment of escape finding something for Gabby, Cosmo Music being a legend with mama Music cracking up in the background. So good.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I just got through the initial tasting, and man I did not know so many people were like "Warheads are so awful they shouldn't be considered food." I feel like I need to find these to see if they're any worse than the many other "sweet candy with sour coating" offerings out there.

It's so weird to have a Gourmet Makes where almost no one, Claire included, wants to even eat the original product. Good swerve!

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
I just got through the initial tasting, and man I did not know so many people were like "Warheads are so awful they shouldn't be considered food." I feel like I need to find these to see if they're any worse than the many other "sweet candy with sour coating" offerings out there.

It's so weird to have a Gourmet Makes where almost no one, Claire included, wants to even eat the original product. Good swerve!

They are pretty horrible lol. The sourness up front is totally overwhelming. I still have a lot of nostalgia for them because I thought I was a badass when I ate them as a kid.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
It was a meme candy even back in the day, the whole point is that it destroys your tongue for a solid 2 minutes with acid before turning into an extremely mediocre fruit-flavored hard candy. Cough drops are tastier.

No sane child ever bought them as a "treat" that they would eat alone, so in that sense I can see the argument for them not qualifying as food.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Many field trips in elementary school someone would bring a bag of warheads on the bus and the contest was who could not make a face 😂.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
While I knew a few kids who legitimately enjoyed them, most of my peers would eat them with/in front of other kids as, like, a test of courage, bravery and fortitude. Getting through the sour phase without spitting it out was a badge of youthful badass.

Cosmo knowing his ingredients put us all to shame, though. Kid's a pro.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I got to say though Claire being in the "make gourmet mcdonalds" zone is what makes the meme.

I fully expect them to gourmet a big mac one day.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017

this is from 10 days ago and I am amazed at her inability to do basically anything hahaha

and i laughed hard when she said this was one of the most difficult episodes. She peeled the potatoes, used the mandolin, fried, done. The napkin folding was the absolute only thing that was not incredibly easy to do, but she had problems doing everything lol.

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
Sweatsuited Claire losing it with the gourmet Warheads because they are too sour while Cosmo is simultaneously losing it because he loves them so much is perhaps one of the most perfect things BA has produced.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I remember people's tongues getting genuinely fucked up from eating too many warheads. It seems like they really are walking a line with that malic acid coating

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
who is on team "yall got McDonald's money?" or even "'yall got McDonald's money' while ordering a single black coffee"

Status
Not open for further replies.