• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I've read elsewhere they made improvements to the motion sickness problem in the latest patch, is it true?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
If you are prone to motion sickness from VR the latest updates will not make it playable for you.
I can do smooth locomotion stuff like Alyx, Pavlov or Walking Dead for hours on end without any issues, only Boneworks got me queasy (usually like an hour into the session). I was wondering if the update brought its comfort more in line with the other popular games.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I can do smooth locomotion stuff like Alyx, Pavlov or Walking Dead for hours on end without any issues, only Boneworks got me queasy (usually like an hour into the session). I was wondering if the update brought its comfort more in line with the other popular games.

Try it out then. They decoupled the head from the physical body which makes climbing a little less jarring. Didn't seem to be much of a difference in game despite the devs really playing it up. Your mileage may vary as I never got sick in the game to begin with. All in all, my friends who did get sick still get sick and my friends who did not still do not lol.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Thanks! That head decoupling might help a lot in my case, or at least make the sessions last longer. Going to give it a try one of these days.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! That head decoupling might help a lot in my case, or at least make the sessions last longer. Going to give it a try one of these days.
I did not play pre-patch as I bought the game with the latest patch, but I had seen videos of people climbing on the launch version.

When playing it felt nothing like those launch videos looked, and I had no issues with motion sicness when I played. For context, I also generally do not get motion sickness from VR but have struggled with it when playing the Doom 3 VR mod using smooth turning, and needed to use a narrower FoV in Borderlands VR. Boneworks I was completely fine for the severals hours straight that I played.

OP
OP
Arthands

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BONEWORKS has been updated today to 1.5, featuring zombie warehouse and more!
store.steampowered.com

BONEWORKS on Steam

BONEWORKS is an Experimental Physics VR Adventure. Use found physics weapons, tools, and objects to fight across dangerous playscapes and mysterious architecture.

Today we have a completely new Arena with Update 1.5: Zombie Warehouse. This new level provides a variety of challenges with five modes, multiple difficulty options, experimental enemy AI, a new defensive physics tool, difficulty options, and various weapon loadouts. Additionally we have included further improvements to the player character physics and performance, improving core systems even more.
  • Zombie Warehouse Arena
  • Multiple Challenge Modes for the Zombie Warehouse to complete
  • Player Physics / Locomotion Optimizations
  • New Physics Tool - The Boardgun
  • New Achievements
  • New Music
  • Adjustments, Bug Fixes, Performance increases

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
Zombie Warehouse update is really fun.

Racked up another 2 hours of playtime and I can see me spending another ~2 hours or so to unlock the 4 new achievements.

The game keeps giving.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game. Wow. This sure was some trippy shit. There isn't anything else like this out there. Pure surrealism in VR with fun shooting and environment puzzles.

While there is quite a bit of jank, especially with the physics, going on it is just so damn fun to fiddle around with basically everything. And that OST is just fantastic.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
maybe it's because it's been a while since i've played vr with smooth locomotion, but holy shit does this game make me feel queasy. couldn't make it through the puzzle tutorial. i think i need to ease myself into vr again before i come back to this and half life: alyx.