• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a person who struggles with depression every damn day I am sick of Boogie always always coming with "this is my darkest days..." video. I have been watching him on and off for years and whenever I check my sub feed I see he has one of these type of videos... What is ERA's opinion of his video topics?

Video that triggered this post.

P.S The amount of times he mentions how he was homeless etc is also tiresome.

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie "both sides" 2988.

Seems like the type of person who will go as low as possible for views.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
It's unfair to only hear boogie's side of the story. We need to give both sides a fair shake, what about depression's feelings on being inside boogie?

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
More power to him, Youtube is a place where people can express themselfs. they are not signed to any big corp telling them what to say. he cleary is fighting his own battles and this is a way of letting it out. I say, let him and dont blame the guy. everyone has their own way of seeking help.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything about him feels fake and manufactured to me.

I can't stand people who use mental health as a lightning rod to draw attention to themselves.

Most people who have serious issues tend to suffer in silence.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
He's maybe the most cloying of the youtube shit heads with his infantile views on the political reality that exists.

Oct 25, 2017
He constantly uses his mental illness and past as a way to deflect criticism but also garner sympathy for saying some really dumb shit.

The fact that he constantly defends hate movements and speech, but then follows it up with "I have a bad past and want everyone to get along" is absolutely infuriating as someone who's struggled a majority of the past few years.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've noticed a trend. Every time he gets shit on for his stupid tweets it's always he's mental health fault. And it truly sucks that he's not well, but maybe take some time to reflect and get help.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
He does mention that if you don't care about this stuff, don't watch it in the first minute of the video.

But also as someone with depression, if he's continually hitting rock bottom, it sounds like he needs some sort of major lifestyle change otherwise he'll continue to spiral.

However, anyone with his reach talking about mental health is a good thing, in my opinion.

I don't like the guy (or at least, the guy he's presented to be over YouTube and Twitter), but no-one deserves to feel numb 24/7.

Oct 25, 2017
My only exposure to booger is people posting his horrible "I'm a considerate guy but" posts in tthreads

Dude doesn't seem like a great mind y'all — hit the unfollow button and follow up with a cheeky push of the unsubscribe

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Never heard of this guy but watched a brief bit of this and no this is attention seeking I'm afraid at it's worst.

I have suffered from depression and although I know everybody is different, it was EXTREMELY hard for me to talk about my problems with people. I couldn't dream of putting up a video about it on Youtube (And apparantly he's done this a few times)

He either needs to go to counseling or consult a friend or loved one about his problems.

Goldfishking

Oct 27, 2017

A very good podcast on this subject. It goes into the weirder and creepier parts of boogie's channel, making a case for narcissism and lack of accountability. But also does it from a stance of someone who likes some of boogies content and wants him to get better, not just a straight up attack.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
If he's a known sack of shit, which by all accounts, including your own, op, he is, then why give him views? Watching an e3 stream on YouTube Geoff keighley had him on a panel for something and that was it for Geoff. Too many e3 streams to have to settle for that.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's his channel.

Can do wtf he wants with it.

At the end of the day 0eople are watching because they are enjoying his content, even this stuff.

If you don't like, don't click.

Whether he is a dick or not is a separate discussion imo.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate so much about the man, but more people talking about mental illness and depression is a good thing

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
Is he still throwing passive aggressive barbs at his ex wife in every single one of his videos? Dude is off his rocker

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think if he lost the weight he'd be much happier. Hope he finds the resolve within himself to finally do it.

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of baffling for a person who had the life Boogie had, that kind of upbringing and being obese, depressed and so on, he has no amount of empathy for other marginalized people.

It's fuck you got mine syndrome.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I'd be completely fine with this if he didn't defend hate movements.

Kinda says all you need to know about the guy. He'll prop up his own problems constantly, which in itself isn't even a bad thing, but will then turn around and willingly contribute to making others feel like shit.

Dude defends the use of homophobic slurs, talks down about women who speak up against sexual harassment, and then goes on to make videos about how awful he's having it.

Gargantua

Banned
May 8, 2018
I unfollowed him after a couple of months for the simplest of reasons: he's just plain boring and repetitive

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
If he's genuinely dealing with depression and related things, I hope he is able to get over it and change his lifestyle for the better.

That being said, I have no love for boogie and do not understand why anyone is following him.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I used to empathize with Boogie, I saw a lot of myself in him.

Then I saw just how much of a different person he was "in person" on streams, and how he portrayed a very different person on his youtube videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.